Tomtom trucker 6000 stuck on update — TomTom Community

Tomtom trucker 6000 stuck on update

HI I try recently update me tomtom truck 6000 so after connected it tom computer and Tomtomydrive I have few updates available: system, speedcamera, and maps so I chose all of them and after system updated succesfull I go for maps, it was more then 8gb so I leave my computer and device for a night for update when I wake up at morning after 6-7h it was betwen 10-14% done, so I was thinking its strainge but will leave it for a day and check when back from work, when back it was still on same % so I restart a device and softwer on me computer and start again, leave it for a night and still same I try it few times already and me device show updating message and softwer on computer shows device updating and its shows anything betwen 10-20%. When try start device its say no map installer. How to fix update problem plizzz need me device for next week sa going for 6 days abord.

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,258
    Superuser
    Hi @przemo0007

Have you fitted an extra memory card and if so what size.

Doug
  • przemo0007przemo0007 Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
    no memory card istalled just interial one. when coneccted to computer shows empty more than 9gb space available.
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,258
    Superuser
    Hi @przemo0007

Okay looks like you may have enough room although the unit requires about 400mb of free memory on the Internal memory to help performance.

You could check to see if your PC has the Power Saving settings turning the USB sockets off to help battery life. Turn the power. saving settings to off may help.

Doug
  • przemo0007przemo0007 Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
    HI just try it one more time on my MacBook Air with all power saving settings switchet off but still same at one time I have around 80% but when check again after few some times it drop again to 20%. Dont know what to do about it
  • lampardlampard Posts: 5,142 Moderator
    Hi @przemo0007

Welcome to the Community! Can you please try the map download using the Wired (Ethernet) connection since WiFi may work but can be slow causing a Time-Out?
    • If your navigation device is connected to the computer, disconnect it.
    • Right-click the MyDrive Connect icon in the Windows notification area or Apple menu bar and then select Cogwheel > Settings.
    • Select the tab Downloads.
    • Click Empty download folder. (Ignore if it's greyed out)
    • Click Save settings.
    • Enable the option 'Download updates on my computer'
    • Click the MyDrive Connect icon in the Windows notification area or Apple menu bar and then click Quit> Start MyDrive Connect.
    • The device will say 'updating' and then reboot automatically

Even if the download or installation appears to stop or freeze, keep it connected for 4 hours, then check if the download has been completed. Hope this helps!

Regards, lampard