Go Premium X, I wanted to know how to proceed to insert a POI? — TomTom Community

Go Premium X, I wanted to know how to proceed to insert a POI?

tony1948tony1948 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
Good evening, I purchased Tom Tom Go Premium X, I wanted to know how to proceed to insert a POI in the memory card and not in the internal one. Connecting the Tom Tom to the PC does not make me see the memory card and therefore to download on this card how I must proceed. In the old Tom Tom GO 930 I had the power to choose via the tom tom home app if I wanted to enter the data on the internal card or on the memory card. In the meantime, I extend my best regards. Antonio Sellaro.

Best Answer

Answers

• tony1948tony1948 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    edited November 2019
    Thanks, but this file Then where it will be downloaded to the internal memory or to the memory card since I would like to download it to the memory card and not to the internal card, using this procedure I cannot understand where it will be downloaded.
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,344
    Superuser
    edited November 2019
    Hi @tony1948

You cannot choose where to download POI files. They are loaded as required by the operating software into the internal memory.

Doug
  • tony1948tony1948 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    edited November 2019
    O.K. Grazie.

Mod edit: All the posts have been translated using Google Translate.
  • demudedemude Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi, I'm trying to synchronize my .ov2 file with my Premium X.
    I followed all steps mentioned in the guide but have yet to succeed.

I uploaded the file in the MyDrive portal and it's now visible under the 'POI Files' tab under My Places on the portal as "Favorites.ov2".
    My Premium X GPS is connected to my MyDrive account but it doesn't show the Favorites under My Places on the device.

I tried creating a regular POI via the portal and it sync'ed without a hitch. But for the life of me I can't seem to sync a .ov2 file with my device.

Any suggestions?
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,344
    Superuser
    Hi @demude

It could be that the Unit does not recognise the file despite it being an .ov2 file and worked an old unit.

Try opening POI Editor on your PC and import the file to it then resave as a .ov2 file for Tomtom and you may well find it will then work when you reload it into the Premium.

Doug.
  • LochfrassLochfrass Posts: 12,842
    Superusers
    @demude
    Also you can try to rename the Poi file. Some devices dont like the poi name "Favourite".
    Try it with the name e.g. "own poi" or testpoi
  • demudedemude Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    edited November 2019
    Lochfrass wrote: »
    @demude
    Also you can try to rename the Poi file. Some devices dont like the poi name "Favourite".
    Try it with the name e.g. "own poi" or testpoi

Alright! This worked for me.

Also I already tried importing it into an editor and re-saving it but that didn't work either.

Thanks to both of you ;)