why wont my tom tom not connect to my drive to do updates? — TomTom Community

why wont my tom tom not connect to my drive to do updates?

Haboulton_98Haboulton_98 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
I have got about 5 updates to do on my tom tom. I have connected the device to my pc and opened the app and logged in. The first time it connected straight away and i was able to do one update, but then it disconected. Each time i plug my tom tom into my pc it will not connect to do updates. I am 100 pecent sure that the usb cable is working as my tom tom wouldnt be charging otherwise. Is there a solution to this or can i connect my device some other way to do these updates? It is becoming rather anoying.

Answers

• gidgetgidget Posts: 2 [New Traveler]
    The new Tom Tom I got last year takes forever to come on in the car and I have to continually tap on the screen to get the address I want to enter, etc on it. My old one was 100% faster to come on and enter addresses. I am very dissatisfied with this newer model.
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 18,470
    Superusers
    Hi
    @Haboulton_98
    I have got about 5 updates to do on my tom tom. I have connected the device to my pc and opened the app and logged in. The first time it connected straight away and i was able to do one update, but then it disconected. Each time i plug my tom tom into my pc it will not connect to do updates. I am 100 pecent sure that the usb cable is working as my tom tom wouldnt be charging otherwise. Is there a solution to this or can i connect my device some other way to do these updates? It is becoming rather anoying.
    On the rare occasions I have a problem with myDrive Connect
    I Delete MyDrive Connect using the free version of Revo Uninstaller
    If you're using a Windows PC... Delete MyDrive Connect using the free version of Revo Uninstaller
    If you're using a Mac... Surely there must be a Deep Clean Un-installer Program available for a Mac ???
    Download & install the free version of Revo Uninstaller
    Here...https://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninstaller_free_download.html
    Revo first uninstalls the Program... Then scans and removes all of the left over files a normal uninstall leaves behind
    Video using the Revo Uninstaller
    The Free & Pro Versions use the same process....

(1)... Uninstall MyDrive Connect Using the Revo Uninstaller
    (2)... Clear your browsers cache (Optional, but I find it helps)
    (3)... Restart your PC (Not Turn Off & Turn On again)
    Reinstall MyDrive Connnect (Important... Without your device connected)
    Connect & Turn on your device... Login to MyDrive Connect

Important also see....
    NAV4 Memory Size v Map Size Catch22....
    See... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1670583/#Comment_1670583
    ATB YFM

• Haboulton_98Haboulton_98 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Thank you for your comments I shall try uninstalling the programme and see what happens!