How to get rid of charging plugs on main screen? — TomTom Community

How to get rid of charging plugs on main screen?

I did an update but did not expect a plug logo permanently displayed on screen what's worse it's in my places and I cannot remove

Best Answers

• stephen1973stephen1973 Posts: 12 [Master Traveler]
    Accepted Answer
    Thank you now hidden any ideas how to remove from my places you can not edit to remove.
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,286
    Superuser
    edited November 2019 Accepted Answer
    Hi @stephen1973

Poi files are added and deleted using the My Drive webpage. You log into your account there and then you can add or delete Poi/ Route files and My Places. In the case of the Poi file you are interested in it you will not find it listed there as it is a new special file with its own Characterised Icon when displayed on the map and once loaded is not available for deletion. I would expect that from time to time updates will be offered as they are for similar special files on specific Tomtom Models like the GO Camper.

All the Poi files you add to a device are listed in My Places on the device.

Doug
    Accepted Answer
    Doug thank you yes it appears to be a special poi which you can not remove on wi fi versions in my places

Answers

Accepted Answer
    Thank you now hidden any ideas how to remove from my places you can not edit to remove.
    Superuser
    edited November 2019 Accepted Answer
    Hi @stephen1973

Poi files are added and deleted using the My Drive webpage. You log into your account there and then you can add or delete Poi/ Route files and My Places. In the case of the Poi file you are interested in it you will not find it listed there as it is a new special file with its own Characterised Icon when displayed on the map and once loaded is not available for deletion. I would expect that from time to time updates will be offered as they are for similar special files on specific Tomtom Models like the GO Camper.

All the Poi files you add to a device are listed in My Places on the device.

Doug
    Accepted Answer
    Doug thank you yes it appears to be a special poi which you can not remove on wi fi versions in my places
  • John-JayJohn-Jay Posts: 699 [Revered Pioneer]
    DougLap wrote: »
    Hi @John-Jay

To be absolutely correct I should have said the item in Appearance is "Show Poi Lists on Map".

The option appears as the 3rd Option in Appearance on both my Go Camper and the GO5200 with the latter being the same as you should see on your GO520 if it is the latest Wifi model..
    Doug
    Hi, @DougLap ,

When I open up "Appearance" I get:-
    • Display
    • Route Bar
    • Guidance View
    • Automatic Zoom
    • Motorway Exit previews
    • Automatic Map View Switching

9eugkscshd2o.jpg

Certainly I don't get anything that directly (or indirectly) refer to POIs! This is the same for BOTH of my Devices!

Many thanks for querying the uncertainty of Charger Stations - I found it strange that my GO5100 showed it as an unselected item (tending to indicate that it was either "Optional" or it had to be downloaded separately from the Speed Camera D/L that was also available), whilst the GO520 had BOTH items pre-selected!

Superuser
    Hi @John-Jay

I wonder if the option only appears if you have added POI files.

If you have added POI files and they are listed on your unit in My Places then I do not understand how you have not got the option.

Doug
  • John-JayJohn-Jay Posts: 699 [Revered Pioneer]
    Hi, @DougLap ,

Have never added any POI Files (never had reason to), nor do I think I know how to do it!

Superuser
    edited November 2019
    Hi @John-Jay

See the following video.

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1034225/how-to-import-pois-gpx-files-and-favourites-in-mydrive/p1?new=1

I have quite a few Poi files added to my devices such as National Trust sites, Major Shops such as Sainsburys etc here in the UK and their equivalents in Europe when we are away in our Motorhome.as well as a number of others.

Doug
    Hi i have 2 devices go 5100 5200 5100 updates via my drive the 5200 is wi-fi so no need for pc doug has answered all my questions but i do not like the charge station logo in my places which i can not remove so i will ignore it and be more careful when i update many thanks everyone. Bye for now.
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 18,733
    Superusers
    Hi
    @stephen1973

You're welcome, glad you're sorted :)

ATB YFM
    _______