New TomTom GO Navigation app 2.1 available for iOS
Yeah OK, but what about things that users keep asking for? Here are a few examples:
- Dangerous lag at junctions and roundabouts followed by screen wobble for over correction.
- Display not so easy to read (red on black). Also screen display switches between distance and time to go. We need both at all times.
- Uses fractions instead of easier to read decimals when set to miles – when set to km miraculously get decimals.
- Next instruction isn’t shown until with 2 miles, it needs to be shown all the time and count down, even if initially over 99 miles away.
- No advance planning where you can set the day or time.
- Right hand info bar is useless and configuration options almost non-existent.
- 3D maps are annoying, to large (e.g. Europe is over 8GB as opposed to 2GB).
- Cannot report map problems or mark a road as closed for SatNav to take into account.
- No POIs show on route. No MyDrive support. More importantly Custom POIs are not supported, we need them to show on map and navigation screens.
- No URL Scheme, so another app cannot start SatNav or use a URL in an email to start app with destination.