How do I transfer files from my Device to my memory card ? — TomTom Community

How do I transfer files from my Device to my memory card ?

My memory on the device Tom Tom Go 60 is nearly full and i Have a memory card placed that has plenty of space how can I transfer Files from the device to my card

Best Answers

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 3,368 Superuser
    edited November 1
    Hi @Virus1

If you have fitted a memory card you should have been asked to confirm if you want it formatted on the device for Maps or Routes. If you selected Maps then the device will decide when it needs to use the extra memory for Maps. Ie when you ask it to update a map and there is not enough space on the internal memory for the new map it will delete the old map on the internal memory and load the new one on the SD card. All these decisions are made by the units operating software.

The maximum size for the SD card is 32gb and I suggest you have a minimum of 16gb as the Full European map is about 9.3gb.

Doug
  • Virus1Virus1 Posts: 5 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Just received a message my device is no longer supported. When I place my card into the devise nothing happens on the screen of the devise do I need to connect the devise to my lap top? do need to put the card into the card adapter? and how do I open the files on the hard drive of the devise to transfer them on to the card. Sorry but I am very bad in this computer thing ( not the youngest any more)
    edited October 31
    Hi @Virus1

The GO 60 is still a supported device. Did you have a previous device which the message could be referring too.

Also the GO60. Uses the My Drive Connect software not the old TomTom Home software.

Have you connected your GO60 to the PC with The My Drive Connect softwAre running and have you also input your Account details in Settings on your device?

Doug
    I did this before but now I deleted the My drive completely and installed it again and receive the message that we are connected. Do I have to remove the card out of the devise now?
    Ho @Virus1

You should not need to remove the card if you have formatted it on the GO60. Do you get offered any updates if so select them 1 at a time not all at once. If 1 is an operating software update make sure that is selected and all other deselected and do it first.

Doug
    I am downloading an update that I think is too large for my devise .So now I am waiting if my devise is going to ask me where to store some files.
    Hi @Virus1

If the unit is downloading updates the device will not ask you whether you want it on the internal or external memory. The Operating Software defaults to always try to download maps to the internal memory, however, if it detects that there is not enough space for the map update there it looks for extra memory and if it finds it will load the download there.

Doug
    Thanks as gar as I can tell everything is sorted.
    Cheers
This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online8

8 Guests