"Sign Out" hidden, "Sign In" not working — TomTom Community

"Sign Out" hidden, "Sign In" not working

rsbruxrsbrux Posts: 23 [Outstanding Explorer]
Not only is the option to "Sign Out" hidden under a completely unintelligible symbol to the left of one's avatar (instead of being under the avatar itself, as in most other fora), the various "Sign in" buttons don't work at all in my installation of Firefox 70 running under Windows 8.1. Clicking on them just refreshes the current page, but doesn't change anything. The only way I managed to log in to post this message was by digging up the URL "https://www.tomtom.com/uam/UI/Login" from my browser's history.
P.S. The link at the end of the post "Welcome - please read first!" appears to be broken.
Tagged:

Comments

• lampardlampard Posts: 5,089 Moderator
    Hi @rsbrux

Thank you for your feedback about the 'Sing Out' option and pointing out the broken link on the Welcome topic! I've fixed the broken link now.

I've just tried the to Sign in on my Windows 10 machine with Firefox (version 70), worked fine and I'm able to log in. Can you clear the browser cookies and check again?

Regards, lampard
  • rsbruxrsbrux Posts: 23 [Outstanding Explorer]
    Thanks for the quick response. Deleting the cookies worked the first time I tried it, but after logging in and back out again it no longer worked, even after deleting all 32 of the new cookies related to TomTom which had been stored in the interim. Depending on which "Sign in" or "login" link I use, I am often confronted with a login popup. The corresponding page has a URL starting with ""https://www.tomtom.com/uam/UI/Login" but followed by a long string of qualifying parameters. The popup has a login button on the lower left, but this button is almost always inactive. Once again I was able to login using the "naked" URL above, but this also doesn't always work. I also reported this problem on the German-language forum, where I was advised to try logging in in a Firefox private window. This appears to work more reliably.
  • lampardlampard Posts: 5,089 Moderator
    Hey @rsbrux

This is odd but again thank you for the detailed explanation! I'll create a ticket with our developer's for this and if they need any other information, I'll post back here.

Regards, lampard
  • CJOCJO Posts: 33 [Prominent Wayfarer]
    edited January 2020
    I am having issues logging in to the forum using Microsoft Edge, Windows 10 - the confirm button on the log in box is not working, all other areas are working.

I can get in to the forum only if using Google Chrome.
  • NiallNiall Posts: 10,854
    Superuser
    @CJO

The "Continue" button is not activated till you click on the prefilled password, so giving the password the focus, then the pale "Continue" changes to a bright green "Continue"
  • CJOCJO Posts: 33 [Prominent Wayfarer]
    I follow what you say - but I am sure that this was not the case in the past
  • MegalosMegalos Posts: 5,985
    Superusers
    I also have issues here. In Chrome, I want to change my account for the forum (I have two accounts). But when I log out and sign in again, the username is already prefilled and I can't change it to the other one. How to change the username?
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 10,923 Moderator
    edited February 2020
    Hi Megalos

Sometimes you need to be logged out of other TomTom domains which include the support website.

Should that not work, could you try to clear the cookies and try logging in again with a different account?

Regards
    Vikram
  • MegalosMegalos Posts: 5,985
    Superusers
    Thanks Vikram, loging out of the other Support website did the trick ;)
  • GettingfedupnowGettingfedupnow Posts: 20 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    Megalos wrote: »
    I also have issues here. In Chrome, I want to change my account for the forum (I have two accounts). But when I log out and sign in again, the username is already prefilled and I can't change it to the other one. How to change the username?

I had the same issue. Because TT have a quirky way of only allowing one username per TT device. I have several logins as I have several devices (yes I am stupid). I could not get past the name change screen either, I used CCleaner to delete all my old cache and cookies in Chrome. THEN I could change the login name to the one I needed.
    Massive overkill really, but then this is TT we are using. Nothing runs smoothly or as it ought with these guys.