MAZDA NB1 - Live stopped working after subscrition renewal — TomTom Community

MAZDA NB1 - Live stopped working after subscrition renewal

I just bought a used Mazda 6. The previous owner had recently renewed the LIVE subscription but he couldn't get it to connect. I've taken over his TomTom account. I've been through the troubleshooting and even reset defaults. The system says 'connected' but If I try to look at LIVE traffic or weather it says 'can't connect to live services, please try later'. The subscription shows as valid. If I try to log in to TomTom on the device, it won't accept the credentials I use to log in to the web portal? I assumed the username and password would be the same?
Tagged:

Comments

• lampardlampard Posts: 4,837 Moderator
    edited October 2019
    Hi @Nipper99

Welcome to the Community! Your subscription and SIM card looks fine, can you please follow the steps below and see if it helps?
    • Perform a Factory Reset AND Soft Reset on your device:
      -From the Main Menu, tap Settings locate the red icon for reset factory settings and tap on it to follow the instruction.
      -When the device reaches the language selection, soft reset to reboot by pressing and holding the On/Off button until it makes a drum sound. Select your preferred settings, then wait for a valid GPS signal.
    • Now, first test if the services are working correctly. Check the status in connection which is now ideally should be 'Connected'/ SIM ID should be listed.

Regards, lampard
  • Nipper99Nipper99 Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
    Thanks, I'll give it a try and report back.

To clarify, this is a built in Mazda NB1 TomTom device. I assume I can still do the soft reset?
  • lampardlampard Posts: 4,837 Moderator
    Hi @Nipper99

My bad! To soft reset your Mazda NB1 device, switch off the car engine and then remove the memory card. Re-insert the memory card and switch the car engine on again.

Regards, lampard
  • Nipper99Nipper99 Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
    Yeah, I've done that a couple of times. Still no joy unfortunately.