My TomTom will not allow me to install a map I just purchased because there's not enough space. — TomTom Community

My TomTom will not allow me to install a map I just purchased because there's not enough space.

CINDERHOUSECINDERHOUSE Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
edited October 2019 in Map installation
My Blue&Me TomTom 2 has 4GB memory. I purchased a new map as the old map I had on there was expired. The MyDriveConnect app won't allow me install the new map I purchased as there's not enough space. (The new map is 3647 MB.) It allowed me to install a partial map (Map Zone) only, and I was able to uninstall the old out-of-date map.
But now it will not allow me to install the new entire map (3647 MB) to replace the partial map. The map zone takes up too much space (900 MB), not allowing enough space for the new entire map. If I could uninstall the map zone, then I would have plenty of space for the entire map... but it apparently will not me uninstall all maps. Please help!

Best Answer

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,475
    Superusers
    edited October 2019 Accepted Answer
    Hi
    @CINDERHOUSE

The Maps on all of the Models increase in size every Map update
    The full Map size on many models has now exceeded the on-board (Map size + Operating system size + Free working space size)
    Compatible memory cards for map installation
    See... https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2634
    The My Blue&Me TomTom 2 Doesn't appear to have a Memory expansion slot
    Installing MapZones appears to be your only option

ATB YFM

Answers

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,475
    Superusers
    edited October 2019 Accepted Answer
    Hi
    @CINDERHOUSE

The Maps on all of the Models increase in size every Map update
    The full Map size on many models has now exceeded the on-board (Map size + Operating system size + Free working space size)
    Compatible memory cards for map installation
    See... https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2634
    The My Blue&Me TomTom 2 Doesn't appear to have a Memory expansion slot
    Installing MapZones appears to be your only option

ATB YFM