My Drive states device not connected, yet is showing what updates it requires. How do I resolve?i — TomTom Community

My Drive states device not connected, yet is showing what updates it requires. How do I resolve?i

Jan_191148Jan_191148 Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
Connected Go 5100 to computer and it shows 5 updates required. Although device is connected, my drive is saying connect device. Wat do I do?

Answers

• LAURE123LAURE123 Posts: 1,632
    Superuser
    Hi @Jan_191148

Apparently you have a driver detection problem with your computer.

First to force the detection by the OS you can try to do a Soft Reset with your TomTom device connected to your PC with its cable.
    Don't use an USB hub or the TomTom car mount.
    ==> With your device "switch on", press and hold the On/Off button until you hear the drum sounds. This can take 30 seconds or more. The device restarts. If you see a black screen with white text, hold down the button until you hear the drum sounds.
    You will not lose anything, it's like a "Restart" with a PC, I do it after each update.

You can try with another cable able to carry data like a smartphone/tablet cable.

If that does not work reinstall Mydrive Connect (MDC), before connecting your device do a Soft Reset.
    with your device Not connected to the PC:
    1/ Uninstall MDC, accept the removal of downloads in the popup window.
    2/ "Restart" your PC (Not Shut down or Sleep)
    3/ Download and install the last version MDC, take it here:
    - On this page, at the bottom, the green button "Download for ...":
    https://www.tomtom.com/en_gb/mydrive-connect/
    - In the popup window, keep ticked at least "Download updates on my computer (recommended)", the other choices are optional.
    4/ "Log in" with your email and password in MDC.
    5/ Do the Soft Reset of your device.
    6/ Connect your device to the PC.

If you have 5 download pending, you must have an update of the NavCore. To do first, alone without any other update.

Regards.