Why can I not access "My Account" in My Drive Connect ? — TomTom Community

Why can I not access "My Account" in My Drive Connect ?

Mnty205Mnty205 Posts: 6 [Master Explorer]
I connect my device to the PC
It shows "Connected".
I can see the three options My Device, My Content and My Account, at the top of the page.
I can access My Device and see all pertinent details.
I can Access My Content and see all pertinent details.
BUT,
When I click on My Account, all that I see is a constant buffering symbol, going round and round ad-infinitum.
Any ideas as to what is going wrong?
Th device is a 1005 camper.

Comments

• LAURE123LAURE123 Posts: 1,632
    Superuser
    edited October 2019
    Hi @Mnty205

I have the same view as you in MyDrive Connect (MDC) tab "My Account". No access to the user account.

I tried changing the default browser but the same result in the MDC software with IE, Firefox or Edge by default in Windows.
    9rdd3nm1o9gn.png

- - - - - - - -
    But we always have access to the details of our user account and our devices via the TomTom website address, with all the possibilities of modifications.
    Login with email+password, if necessary change the location according to the country of residence, at the bottom of the page the flag and the language.
    https://www.tomtom.com/en_gb/account/details.html

Or https://www.tomtom.com/en_gb/navigation/ then
    6xfag4m2tt72.png

Novelty that I noticed with this web access page:
    Now we can remove a device from our account and for all generations of devices while it was not possible before.
    I have this possibility for my NAV4 GO5100, NAV3 Start25 but also for my old NAV2 ONE 3rd Edition managed by TomTom Home software. I assume it is also possible for NAV5 Wifi devices.
    "My Products" tab, the "Details" button on the device, the "trash" symbol/"remove this device". There is a confirmation screen "Are you sure?"

- - - - - - - -
    For the moment with MyDrive Connect we can only wait and see if other users have the same issue. This is not really annoying since we have access to our accounts with the TomTom website.

Regards.
  • Mnty205Mnty205 Posts: 6 [Master Explorer]
    Indeed the option to access one's account is available via the link which you provided, but I was just curious as to why the I option I mentioned does not work, if any other people had the same problem, and if TomTom were aware of the issue in the first place.
    Thanks for your clarification
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 18,445
    Superusers
    edited October 2019
    Hi
    @Mnty205
    Like you & LAURE123... My Account in MyDrive connect continually shows the spinning circle/hourglass

ATB YFM

• LAURE123LAURE123 Posts: 1,632
    Superuser
    @Mnty205

Thanks. You did well to report it on the forum.
    I am a user like you and I did not remark it before. This is a tab where I personally do not go often. I did a test and apparently this does not block purchases via MDC.
    Your topic and all our answers will inform TomTom of the problem if it has not been reported elsewhere yet.

Regards.
  • Den24601Den24601 Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    I too only see the spinning wheel on the account tab. I'm a new My Drive user having come from the Home2 application that unfortunately, my new device can't use.
  • Mnty205Mnty205 Posts: 6 [Master Explorer]
    edited November 2019
    I have had some communications with 'Support'.
    They inform me that this issue has been reported by 'several' users, and that the issue has been 'flagged' to 'The Powers that be'.
    Hopefully they will sort it out in the next 'MyDrive Connect' update.