new TomTom GO 1.18 — TomTom Community

new TomTom GO 1.18

lneamlneam Posts: 58 [Sovereign Trailblazer]
on 24/10 there was this new version into my device. On the first run of this update, there was a few pics (advertisements) about one new navigation app from tomtom company. When it will be available this product ? What about TomTom GO 1.18 ? it will disappear from playstore ?

9l6a5mkc7yyw.jpg

Comments

• John RichardsonJohn Richardson Posts: 7 [Master Traveler]
    There's lots of hype and the iphone version looks good. Let's hope they've fixed the 3D problem with Rockchip PX5 head units at last. If so it'll definitely be 5 stars from me.
  • rob.morabitorob.morabito Posts: 12 [Master Explorer]
    The same for me. In fact actually i have 1.18 release on my device, but it seems the same Tom Tom android version
  • JvdZJvdZ Posts: 54 [Renowned Trailblazer]
    I have the app loaded for a couple of days now and it feels the urge to push notifications about the upcoming update while not running. :astonished:
    The NDS version is also updated recently and one can only assume that will be this next new version, although that one still has some "issues" like not receiving a new destination from mydrive nor the stored routes on mydrive. Don't know whether the map update works in this latest version yet.
  • RonaldM01RonaldM01 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    edited October 28
    I have had the same notification three times now. And yes I clicked on it every time and waited for the app to open, hoping for new information 😊 It must be an enormous improvement, sending all these 'teaser notifications'...
  • JürgenJürgen Posts: 5,105 Community Manager
    There's lots of hype and the iphone version looks good. Let's hope they've fixed the 3D problem with Rockchip PX5 head units at last. If so it'll definitely be 5 stars from me.
    The GO Mobile and the GO Navigation apps are made for smartphones. We don't test built-in head units.
  • JonkieJonkie Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    Jūrgen, Do you also have an answer for the question in the topic?
  • Berty007Berty007 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi would love to know to when the new updates coming, I'm having regular notifications to my S7 edge telling me that it's on its way do we have a date?
  • 3enwatkins3enwatkins Posts: 40 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    Same here. Got the message about the 'massive revamp undrway' several times but no sign of any revamp let alone a massive one. I'm not too impatient for the update, just fed up with this notification especially as it comes up multiple times per day even when I'm not using the app.
  • DushaDusha Posts: 37 [Renowned Wayfarer]
    edited October 28
    3enwatkins wrote: »
    Same here. Got the message about the 'massive revamp undrway' several times but no sign of any revamp let alone a massive one. I'm not too impatient for the update, just fed up with this notification especially as it comes up multiple times per day even when I'm not using the app.

Just guessing loud - the next update 1.18.1 (or even 1.19) will be fixing the annoying "revamp" push notification :) as "underway" in Tomtom reality could easily mean months :)))
  • John RichardsonJohn Richardson Posts: 7 [Master Traveler]
    Jürgen wrote: »
    The GO Mobile and the GO Navigation apps are made for smartphones. We don't test built-in head units.

Shame! Missed opportunity as these headunits are becoming increasingly popular and all the other major nav apps
    support them without fault.
  • SurreyAlan1SurreyAlan1 Posts: 7 [Master Explorer]
    Also hope the wait won't be long as receiving endless notifications will get very wearing, why not a don't show this again option. Very disappointed no mention of a link to Android Auto which I thought was arriving this year. Tom Tom is better than Waze and Google Maps and also better than my in car nav (which I think gets the traffic from Tom Tom) but it's much better to have the directions on my large infotainment screen than a phone or sat nav.
  • jefken153jefken153 Posts: 37 [Master Explorer]
    I have reinstalled the T Mobile Go app on my nokia 7+ but the app hangs on loading.
    What could be the problem?
  • jefken153jefken153 Posts: 37 [Master Explorer]
    jefken153 wrote: »
    I have reinstalled the T Mobile Go app on my nokia 7+ but the app hangs on loading.
    What could be the problem?

De download on play store is still version 1.17
  • JvdZJvdZ Posts: 54 [Renowned Trailblazer]
    jefken153 wrote: »
    De download on play store is still version 1.17
    Could very well be the case as the release is always done in phases.
    As to your crossposted issue: There are several posts in this forum about startup issues and guess it would help to read those and follow some of the provided solutions first.
    This is a phased rollout. We have paused the rollout to implement a fix for the notifications.
    First users should now be offered 1.18.1 which fixes the notifications.
  • Router1Router1 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    edited October 30
    First users should now be offered 1.18.1 which fixes the notifications.

Hi there,

Indeed i do have version 1.18.1. Any information on when the big update will take place?
    The date might slip so we better not mention it.
    1.18.1 is now offered to most users.
  • SinglePointSafetySinglePointSafety Posts: 14 [Master Explorer]
    Still no fix for the Bluetooth issue? ie ability to choose sound output from phone as opposed to one of the BT channels?
    Because my phone has BT on all the time, when it auto connects to the car, TT GO pushes the audio out to a BT channel - which I won't hear if, for example, I'm listening to the car radio ie not a BT audio source.
    Google Nav offers a simple choice - phone speakers or BT? It's an easy fix.....
    1.18.1 is now offered to all users.
  • RonaldM01RonaldM01 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    1.18.1 is now offered to all users.

Thank you for the info, but what about the "Massive Revamp Underway"? Is this related to version 1.18.1 or is this something different?
  • lneamlneam Posts: 58 [Sovereign Trailblazer]
    edited November 3
    RonaldM01 wrote: »
    Thank you for the info, but what about the "Massive Revamp Underway"? Is this related to version 1.18.1 or is this something different?

I think that tomtom marketing team has this idea to manage and success their own targets. They want to see how the customers react for a new product. Ok it's not 100% new, it's 9.99% "redesign" application.
  • StenliStenli Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    edited November 3
    So far, no change I have the application 1.18.1 do just teaser but we'll see Slovakia
  • TomTomGoUserTomTomGoUser Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    Still no fix for the Bluetooth issue? ie ability to choose sound output from phone as opposed to one of the BT channels?
    Because my phone has BT on all the time, when it auto connects to the car, TT GO pushes the audio out to a BT channel - which I won't hear if, for example, I'm listening to the car radio ie not a BT audio source.
    Google Nav offers a simple choice - phone speakers or BT? It's an easy fix.....

Hi,
    I have always gone to the Bluetooth settings for the device (cog next to device name) and unticked Media audio. This leaves the phone calls connected to the car, but sends audio to the phone.