2 accounts into 1 — TomTom Community

2 accounts into 1

0lwen_D0lwen_D Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited October 2019 in MyDrive Connect
We have bought 2 Tom Toms.

The first was XXL Classic, serial no. GQxxxxxxxx

We passed this on to friends some years ago and since they never requested us to update it we have presumed that they either still use it as is or have passed it on themselves.

The second is a GO 50, serial no VHxxxxxxx
For some reason, I had to open a new account for this one and had to use a different email address and a different password.

We therefore have on record 2 accounts and only need 1 for 1 appliance

This morning I responded to a recent email and confirmed that we no longer have the first appliance. However I was unable to delete the email address.

As a result I cannot change the email address for our second (present) appliance to the one we normally use as it is already taken (by us!)

Please can you tell me how I can cancel our first account completely and free that email address for the second account.
I would be so grateful for guidance from someone out there - Tom Tom's idea of service is nonexistent.
Thank you.

Mod edit: Please do not post any personal information on a public forum!

Best Answers

• dhndhn Posts: 33,362
    Superusers
    Accepted Answer
    Support should be able to assist:

United Kingdom
    02079 490 134
    Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.

• 0lwen_D0lwen_D Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Accepted Answer
    As soon as I have time I shall follow your careful instructions. Thank you so much for taking the trouble and thanks for the tip about not answering questions. It rings a bell from years ago. Shan't forget that advice again. Thank you again. Olwen

Answers

• dhndhn Posts: 33,362
    Superusers
    Accepted Answer
    Support should be able to assist:

United Kingdom
    02079 490 134

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 8,830
    Superuser
    edited October 2019
    Hi @0lwen_D

Possibly when you bought the second unit you could only have one unit on an account whereas now you can have a number of devices on an account now. So that means that you should be able to allocate the GO50 to the original account however this will involve you in some additional work to transfer any Data on your GO 50 to the new account.

Firstly you will need to save any data, Favourites (My Places) and any Poi and route files, you have on the device as when you move account it will be lost.. If you have no particular data and are happy to delete what is on the unit then you can move straight onto the Reset Device option. The following video will help you transfer any data if you need too..

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1034293/transferring-favourites-and-pois-to-your-new-device-mydrive-connect/p1?new=1

Once you have done this then you can do a Factory Reset on the GO50 which returns it to the Out the Box settings except the Software and Map versions on the device will not be changed. Once you have done the reset you will then have to set the unit up again ie language , account etc. When you put the Account details in that you now want it to be related it will then mean that it should appear on the account. You should then find that when you have added the data saved as per the above to the account then the data should then sync back onto the Go50 ..

Tap Menu
    Tap Settings
    Tap System
    Tap Reset Device

Once you have done this you should be able to delete the old unit from your account using the My Drive Connect software where there should be a Bin icon on the picture of the old unit. It would probably be more effective to contact Customer Support and ask them to delete the unit and also cancel the account you no longer need . When you ring do not answer the questions but wait for an agent to answer.

United Kingdom
    02079 490 134

Doug
  • 0lwen_D0lwen_D Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Accepted Answer
    As soon as I have time I shall follow your careful instructions. Thank you so much for taking the trouble and thanks for the tip about not answering questions. It rings a bell from years ago. Shan't forget that advice again. Thank you again. Olwen