Device not found — TomTom Community

Device not found

franzenarefranzenare Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
Hi there,
I've tried to search through the forum and did not find answerings to my question (I suppose there'll be, for sure).
My Rider 400 (serial KD) doesn't want to connect to my laptop (but My Drive says it's connected!). When I want to update my Rider it says it has problems to connect. I've tryed all what I've found in the support web (just us the right USB cable, uninstall the network adapters, reinstall My Drive,...) and it still doesn't recognize it, so I can't update it in my Windows 7 service Pack1.
Any suggestions?
Thanks!

Answers

• lampardlampard Posts: 4,749 Moderator
    Hi @franzenare

Welcome to the Community! I see that there is pending download for the latest navcore in the queue for your device which means the device was recognized by the computer as well as MyDrive Connect. Follow the steps below and let us know what kind of the error message you get if it fails to recognize or download the content:
    • If your navigation device is connected to the computer, disconnect it.
    • Right-click the MyDrive Connect icon in the Windows notification area or Apple menu bar and then select Cogwheel > Settings.
    • Select the tab Downloads.
    • Click Empty download folder. (Ignore if it's greyed out)
    • Click Save settings.
    • Enable the option 'Download updates on my computer'
    • Click the MyDrive Connect icon in the Windows notification area or Apple menu bar and then click Quit> Start MyDrive Connect.
    • The device will say 'updating' and then reboot automatically
    Even if the download or installation appears to stop or freeze, keep it connected for 4 hours, then check if the download has been completed.

Hope it helps!

lampard