6200 Truck Navigation changing maps from UK to Europe Map.

DEGALYIAN
DEGALYIAN Registered Users Posts: 57
Prominent Wayfarer
edited December 2021 in Devices using Wi-Fi®
I changed maps from uk to europe on my device, a warning has flashed up stating there are no Truck attributes connected to this device, all routing will be based on a car not on a truck ?
Anyone have any ideas why this is happening, i brought this as a professional truck unit, i have used it previously many times in europe and never had this happen before, have tried calling tom but the office is closed until the 21st October

Answers

• YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 20,785
    Superuser
    edited October 2019
    Hi
    @DEGALYIAN

The Europe Truck Map is the Map with the Truck attributes

The Normal UK&ROI Map and the The Normal Full Europe Map DO NOT have Truck attributes embedded into the Maps....

ATB YFM
  • DEGALYIAN
    DEGALYIAN Registered Users Posts: 57
    Prominent Wayfarer
    Hi Yamfaz
    The europe map tells me it has not attributes,yet I have used it many times in Turkey Greece Norway and Russia
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 20,785
    Superuser
    edited October 2019
    Hi
    @DEGALYIAN

Have you updated the Map/s recently ???
    Is the device are set to Truck Mode ???
    Check... Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Setting --> Maps... Current Map
    Check... Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Setting --> System --> About... Installed Maps

Have you tried a Soft/Drum roll restart on the device ??? This restarts the devices Operating System afresh

RESETTING YOUR NAVIGATION DEVICE
    https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/6965//session/L2F2LzEvdGltZS8xNDI2NjM0NDUyL3NpZC9EQTdTVHpobQ

Charge the device for at least 2Hrs "OR" have the device plugged into a power supply
    Press and hold the on/off button until you hear a drum-roll sound then release the on/off button.
    You won’t lose anything; it’s just like rebooting your PC
    I use a Soft/drum-roll start after any upgrade large or small.
    It’s also useful to keep in mind for sorting out most minor niggles......

ATB YFM