Go Camper setting up problems - Page 2 — TomTom Community

Go Camper setting up problems

2»

Comments

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 16,147 Superusers
    edited October 2019
    Hi
    @BobSouthSomerset1

When I used Bitdefender (It was a while ago) In the Firewall Setting there was a White list.. In the White list you could add all your trusted sites to tell Bitdefender to allow them unhindered through the Firewall

ATB YFM
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 4,212 Superuser
    Hi @BobSouthSomerset1

Google it.

To add a website to the Whitelist, follow these steps: Open the Bitdefender window. Access the Protection panel. Click the Web Protection module. In the Settings tab, click the Whitelist link. Provide the address of the blocked website or online application in the corresponding field and click Add.

Doug
  • BobSouthSomerset1BobSouthSomerset1 Posts: 17 [Master Explorer]
    Gentlemen, and any ladies involved. The earth has moved!

It's Saturday evening in rural Somerset and I checked the broadband download speed - 5Mbps - as good as it gets around here! I felt lucky and went for the Oceania maps - the USB cable was into the PC as ever..................and it downloaded! The vicious circle has been broken, I think.

I now have a completely new screen display and am wondering what I dare do next.......I don't think downloading Europe is on until my new broadband 25Mbps fibre link is up and running, but I'm sure there's other stuff I can do.

For the record, I tried putting "MyDriveConnect" with or without the "exe" into my Bitdefender as you described, though no mention of a White List could be found - rejected out of hand twice, so I'm suspicious that the idea that the Firewall was the problem was erroneous, for it's as it was. It would seem that download speed is the problem. BTW the router with the wi-fi is a good two feet from the TomTom - hardly need wi-fi, it could shake hands as easily.

Thank you everyone. BTW - Doug - does CSW mean anything to you? Just wondered! :)
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 4,212 Superuser
    Hi @BobSouthSomerset1

Glad to hear you are getting there. =)

Sorry but CSW does not mean anything but just for the record a tractor pulled me off the site today. :):)

Doug
  • BrianEBrianE Posts: 535 [Exalted Navigator]
    Gentlemen, and any ladies involved. The earth has moved!

It's Saturday evening in rural Somerset and I checked the broadband download speed - 5Mbps - as good as it gets around here! I felt lucky and went for the Oceania maps - the USB cable was into the PC as ever..................and it downloaded! The vicious circle has been broken, I think.

I now have a completely new screen display and am wondering what I dare do next.......I don't think downloading Europe is on until my new broadband 25Mbps fibre link is up and running, but I'm sure there's other stuff I can do.

For the record, I tried putting "MyDriveConnect" with or without the "exe" into my Bitdefender as you described, though no mention of a White List could be found - rejected out of hand twice, so I'm suspicious that the idea that the Firewall was the problem was erroneous, for it's as it was. It would seem that download speed is the problem. BTW the router with the wi-fi is a good two feet from the TomTom - hardly need wi-fi, it could shake hands as easily.

Thank you everyone. BTW - Doug - does CSW mean anything to you? Just wondered! :)

I think you will be blown over (hopefully not literally) when your new Fibre Unlimited is up and running. I don't know what router it any, your new service is going to provide for you, but you will find quite a lot of criticism of ISP-supplied devices, so to get the most out of your new service, you may need to purchase a third-party router at some stage - just something to bear in mind.
    Well I got cocky and had a good go at the Europe maps which quite frankly would be more useful than Oceania. In the end, nearly three hours wasted.

It failed, twice. Got to 42% and fell back to 22%. When it did it for the second time on exactly the same point I turned it off. Try again in 10 days with 25Mbps.

Tractor - gosh! Have you returned home now or just moved on? My caravan I drained down this week. Must get to use it more next year. Reckon I'll have sorted the TomTom by then?

Do I need that guy who works for TT to clear out the partial download as before? That is way out of my understanding!

ATB

Bob :/
    Well I've already got a Netgear N300. In case that isn't up to it (their words, not mine) Zen have sent me a FritzBox 7530.

Again, all this is out of my league. Both quote 300Mbit/s, the new one has lots of other numbers but it might as well be Chinese to me. Wait and see Bob........Actually it quite probably is Chinese.
    A result at last! Yesterday Zen Internet connected me to their fibre system It still involves nearly a mile of overhead copper but it's the best I can do here. Except it didn't work! Yesterday evening involved getting Zen to manually switch on what was supposed to happen automatically. By 8.30pm we were up and running. But even this morning the download was on around 12Mbps, heardly the 25Mbps promised.

I tried the TomTom Europe map download - failed 3 times at 42%, sliding back to 22%, both with Firewall on and later turned off. Late morning I complained to Zen. An hour of exchanges - nothing resolved. This afternoon I called, plugged the new router into the master test socket and was told there was 27Mbps there! In reality, reassemble the master socket, plug in the router by the cable and I get only 19Mbps - odd and still needing action perhaps?

However, this evening, in a hour and twenty (ish) 9Gb of Europe's maps loaded without complaint.

Over a fortnight, a re-wire, a new broadband contract, hours of wasted time, useless advice from people at TomTom support, Bitdefender trying to be helpful but not guilty as charged it seems, and my purchase is useable I believe.

Next time I'll be a lot more careful.

Thanks guys (and girls maybe) but it just needed a faster connection.
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 16,147 Superusers
    edited November 2019
    Hi
    @BobSouthSomerset1

Wow you have really been though the mill and I admire the way you have persevered... I'm glad you're now sorted :)

ATB YFM