As of 16Oct19 TomTom servers have benn down 24/7 for at least the last 4 days..TomTom is Disgraceful — TomTom Community

As of 16Oct19 TomTom servers have benn down 24/7 for at least the last 4 days..TomTom is Disgraceful

AABBAABB Posts: 9 [Apprentice Seeker]
Why is TomTom Tech support so incompetent ?? Aso, the last update does not give proper directions, so it appears TomTom is falling apart and is unable to provide the download support it promised customers

Answers

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,417
    Superusers
    Hi
    @AABB

On the rare occasions I have a problem with myDrive Connect
    I Delete MyDrive Connect using the free version of Revo Uninstaller
    If you're using a Windows PC... Delete MyDrive Connect using the free version of Revo Uninstaller
    If you're using a Mac... Surely there must be a Deep Clean Un-installer Program available for a Mac ???
    Download & install the free version of Revo Uninstaller
    Here...https://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninstaller_free_download.html
    Revo first uninstalls the Program... Then scans and removes all of the left over files a normal uninstall leaves behind
    Video using the Revo Uninstaller
    The Free & Pro Versions use the same process....

(1)... Uninstall MyDrive Connect Using the Revo Uninstaller
    (2)... Clear your browsers cache (Optional, but I find it helps)
    (3)... Restart your PC (Not Turn Off & Turn On again)
    Reinstall MyDrive Connnect (Important... Without your device connected)
    Connect & Turn on your device... Login to MyDrive Connect

ATB YFM
  • AABBAABB Posts: 9 [Apprentice Seeker]
    This has nothing to do with a the message returned by MyDriveConnect that says "our servers are busy"
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,105
    Superuser
    Hi @AABB

What makes you say that has nothing to do with the message as the advice you have been given has resolved the problem for many if you look elsewhere on here so is worth a try.

Doug.
  • AABBAABB Posts: 9 [Apprentice Seeker]
    I followed your suggestion and it worked
    ...It seems to me that the MyDrive Connect message "Our Servers are busy" is TOTALLY misleading; the message should direct you to a website that contains instuctions for the user to follow.

ANOTHER Problem, which I did not mention is the previous TomTom update was telling me to exit the freeway each time I approached a new exit; and when I exited , it told me to get back on the freeway. This goofy behavior is what caused me to update MyDrive Connect where upon I constantly got messages "our servers are busy" for 5 days.

I hope the new update corrects the "get off the freeway, get back on" problem
    If it doesn't, what alternatives do I have ??
  • Smudger19Smudger19 Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    Servers being constantly busy for days on end is somewhat dismal to say the least, and no answer to be found anywhere. Sack the person responsible and get a person in that knows what they are doing, what a disgrace in this day and age.

Get it sorted please for one and all, - thanks
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,417
    Superusers
    edited February 29
    Hi
    @Smudger19

On the rare occasions I have a problem with myDrive Connect
    I Delete MyDrive Connect using the free version of Revo Uninstaller then Reinstall MyDrive Connect....
    Using the Method Here... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1682074/#Comment_1682074

Or instead of UN-installing & RE-installing MyDrive Connect
    I find deleting the "HOME3" and the "MyDrive Connect" folders in the MyDrive Connect Program just as effective for giving MyDrive Connect a CPR...
    See... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1686214/#Comment_1686214

ATB YFM