connecting subaru

subaruXV2
subaruXV2 Registered Users Posts: 1
New Seeker
Hello I bought a new Subaru XV with an integrated sysyem and wish to connect with TomTom to update.
I cannot find anywhere what kind of device it is and where I can type my user number.

Comments

• lampard
    lampard Administrators Posts: 5,954
    Hello @subaruXV2

Welcome to the Community! We only support Subaru (H001SSC800) with TomTom Navigation kit which can be detached from the In-dash system. Is this the one you're talking about?

Regards, lampard

• James_98188
    James_98188 Registered Users Posts: 1
    Apprentice Seeker
    The touch screen on the TomTom Nav system that was factory installed in my 2011 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport appears to have an internal short circuit in it. The part number is 10R-0310184, and this part doesn't appear to currently be available. How can I fix this without having to replace the entire audio system?
  • ianbri
    ianbri Registered Users Posts: 4
    New Seeker
    I have Subaru XV with tomtom satnav and would like to update maps. I have downloaded most recent map from subaru download app but found I need activation code to complete the install. My Subaru subscription has expired so would like to buy new subscription from tomtom. Can tomtom give me an activation code if I subscribe to map updates?
  • Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 5,354
    Revered Voyager
    If you download the maps via the Subaru application, you must request the activation code from Subaru.
    Tomtom sells the cards to Subaru and Subaru resells them to its customer.
  • ianbri
    New Seeker
    Subaru have advised customers they can no longer provide activation codes because they no longer have arrangement with harma/tomtom to do this. I have a request code and map version details I just need the activation code for the new map. I am happy to pay for subscription to get the activation code.
  • Willy875
    Revered Voyager
    I don't think Tomtom will provide you with an activation code for a map purchased through Subaru Support.

On Tomtom, it is not necessary to have an activation code to activate a map.

How an activation code works:
    An activation code is intended for people who have purchased a LIVE service or a prepaid card update in store in the form of a scratch card.
  • ianbri
    New Seeker
    The problem is Subaru has advised as per below email. I was hoping I could go direct to supplier.

“The map software content in your vehicle is the responsibility of the supplier and outside the control of Subaru Australia.

At this time, the new subscriptions available have not been finalised between Subaru Corporation Japan, Harman and TomTom. As soon as this has been finalised the option to renew your subscription will be available under the toolbox when you log in.

On behalf of Subaru Australia thank you for taking the time to contact us and for your understanding.”
  • Willy875
    Revered Voyager
    I don't know exactly the contract between Tomtom and Subaru.
    I don't think Tomtom provides the maps for free to Subaru.

Tomtom does not have a dedicated platform to distribute the maps to Subaru's customer.