TomTom Traffic information without planning a route — TomTom Community

TomTom Traffic information without planning a route

busboybusboy Posts: 14 [Apprentice Seeker]
hi i am new to tom tom want i want to ask should the route bar be displayed if you are just driving a route you know and should you get traffic info at the moment i only get the route bar and traffic info if i plan a route

Best Answer

Answers

• BrianSBrianS Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    That's pretty useless - I just want to be able to see the clock and other information without having to put a route in.
  • dmulvdmulv Posts: 675
    Superuser
    The 2D map provides an overview of traffic conditions, which you can use to determine if there are any issues.

As for the route bar not showing if there's not a route put in - why would it? It doesn't know the route you're taking as you've not put it in.

It's like expecting a shop assistant to tell you much your bill is, without telling them what you want to buy.
  • ZummerzetZummerzet Posts: 12 [Master Explorer]
    BrianS wrote: »
    That's pretty useless - I just want to be able to see the clock and other information without having to put a route in.

I don’t get why you have an issue putting a route in when you know where you’re going. I do it all the time, so that I can see the live traffic info and take a detour if necessary.