GO 50 stuck on recovery after trying to update — TomTom Community

GO 50 stuck on recovery after trying to update

hekat3hekat3 Posts: 4 [New Seeker]
edited October 2019 in MyDrive Connect
I wanted to update maps on GO 50, had to install Nav4 first, which didn't finish.
Now the device is stuck trying to recover through MyDrive Connect.
Everytime the recovery process reaches 100% it either says that servers are too busy, or doesn't say anything at all and reboots the device. Then the whole process starts over.
I already tried reinstalling MyDrive Connect and soft-resetting the device.

MyDrive Connect version 4.2.6.3888

Comments

• lampardlampard Posts: 5,086 Moderator
    Hi @hekat3

Welcome to the Community! Can you please try the map download using the Wired (Ethernet) connection since WiFi may work but can be slow causing a Time-Out?
    • If your navigation device is connected to the computer, disconnect it.
    • Right-click the MyDrive Connect icon in the Windows notification area or Apple menu bar and then select Cogwheel > Settings.
    • Select the tab Downloads.
    • Click Empty download folder. (Ignore if it's greyed out)
    • Click Save settings.
    • Enable the option 'Download updates on my computer'
    • Click the MyDrive Connect icon in the Windows notification area or Apple menu bar and then click Quit> Start MyDrive Connect.
    • The device will say 'updating' and then reboot automatically
    Even if the download or installation appears to stop or freeze, keep it connected for 4 hours, then check if the download has been completed.

Check if the MyDrive still ends up with 'Server busy' error. If it does, please follow the steps suggested by @LAURE123 here to fix it.

Hope this helps!

Regards, lampard
  • hekat3hekat3 Posts: 4 [New Seeker]
    Thank you for your reply.

I'm actually using Ethernet connection.

I already tried reinstalling MyDrive Connect several times (uninstalling using Revo Uninstaller as well). Soft reset doesn't do anything. The device only loads halfway before rebooting into, what I believe is, recovery mode (screen that shows no connection between the device and PC, although MyDrive Connect is connecting to it).

Each time the recovery reaches 100% it either says that servers are busy, or just goes to the main screen of the app without the error, which then restarts the whole process.
    edited October 2019
    Ok, so I think I finally know what's causing it. MicroSD card appears to be dead, didn't even think of it. MyDrive Connect was showing external storage just fine. I'll buy a new one and see if that's the case.

• lampardlampard Posts: 5,086 Moderator
    Hi @hekat3

I see that the latest map of Europe (v10.35 )is already installed on the device (SD card). Did you already sort this one out?

Regards, lampard
    Oh, yes I did. Had to install a smaller map first, because the device wouldn't let me do anything. It was a faulty SD card that would cause the device to reboot all the time.