My new TomTom GoPremium will not work hands free — TomTom Community

My new TomTom GoPremium will not work hands free

The phone is connected and I can use the TomTom to call out but it only goes direct to my phone not thru the sat nav making it NOT hands free

Answers

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,209
    Superusers
    Hi
    @Simonchoir

Get data, hands-free calls and smartphone messages
    Using your iPhone and MyDrive app....
    See...

Get data, hands-free calls and smartphone messages
    Using your Android phone and MyDrive App....
    See...
    ATB YFM
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,690
    Superuser
    edited October 2019
    Hi @Simonchoir

Once you have set it up as advised by Yamfazman then you should see a Phone Icon bottom right which if you tap gives you the option to say who you want to phone or gives you the option to Tap contacts so you can select the contact.

Doug
  • SimonchoirSimonchoir Posts: 7 [New Seeker]
    Hi - I have tried all these and the sat nav uses the phone to call but no sound to the speakers on the sat nav so not hands free so all the settings say its connected except in my drive its say that I need to configure the sat nav to make hads free but the hands free button is on? Help
    Hi Thanks but already got that and no it didnt, its a bit perplexing that everything is connected but it just is not using the sat nav as the mike or speaker
    Superuser
    Hi @Simonchoir

Have you checked th volume for Phone calls. If you ring your phone and accept the Call on the device if you Tap Menu you can then adjust the Call volume. Firstly if the Speaker icon bottom left has a line through it then Tap it to remove the line then move the slider to change the volume. This does not change the normal volume.

Doug
    Superuser
    Hi @Simonchoir

One thing you could try is to do a factory Reset on your device. This will delete all your Data ie Favourites (My Places) and any POI and Route files you have added to your device. If you go to the My Drive Website and log into your account then if the unit has been syncing with your Account then the data should be listed there as a backup. After the Reset the unit should sync with the account and reload the data .

Tap Menu
    Tap Settings
    Tap System
    Tap Reset Device.

You will have to set the unit up again as you did out of the box. It will not affect the Software or Map versions on your unit but may resolve the problem you are experiencing.

Doug
    Hi Doug - Thank you for those suggestions and tried both but still not working am afraid as you cannot answer the phone on the Sat Nav, tried the reset and still the same.
    Any other ideas as I am afraid I am
    Superuser
    Hi

What phone are you using.

Doug
    Huawei Mate 20 lite
    Superusers
    edited October 2019
    Hi
    @Simonchoir

If the phone doesn't run Apple iOS or Android you can't use the Tomtom MyDrive App
    My Win10 Nokia Lumia 625 Phone you can only connect over Bluetooth (No Tomtom App)
    My Win 10 Nokia Lumia 625 Phone works hand free

Edit... Are are you using a computer voice Serena or Malcolm in the UK

ATB YFM
    Thanks YamFazMan - Tomtom mydrive worked on this phone for previous satnav - this is a new replacement.
    Thanks for your help everybody. It was the mydrive app causing the problem. When that was turned off it works fine.
    Superusers
    Hi
    @Simonchoir

You're welcome, glad you're sorted :)

ATB YFM
  • WezaWeza Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    Hi any help connect Samsung galaxy to Tom Tom go can only get messages to connect with Tom Tom no hands free no contacts no phone book on Tom Tom were am I going wrong thanks in advance weza
    Superuser
    Hi @Weza

If you

Tap Menu
    Tap Settings
    Tap Bluetooth
    Tap your phone name
    There are 3 options is the first one turned off? If so turn on.

Doug