No maps installed — TomTom Community

No maps installed

MarkT73MarkT73 Posts: 5 [Apprentice Seeker]
edited October 2019 in Map purchase & installation
as title suggests
hard reset on device doesnt fix ( hold button till drumroll )
cant use menu on device to factory reset as it constantly shows no maps available screen
mydrive connect shows the map stored on the device...but NO option to uninstall it.
no live chat to talk to someone and the phoneline times are really appalling as 99% of people are at work in those times and wouldnt be allowed to faff around at work on the phone and computer with their satnav anyway.

Best Answer

• lampardlampard Posts: 5,612 Moderator
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @MarkT73

Welcome to the Community! I've made some changes to give you the fresh start to download the updates one by one and to remove the corrupted map from your device.To apply these changes, you again need to follow the steps mentioned in the link here. I know you already tried this but whenever we make changes in the back-end, this procedure is necessary to apply those. (After step 8 in the link, the device will say 'updating' and then reboot automatically)

Once this is done, please check for the updates in MyDrive Connect. Whenever more than 1 updates are offered by MyDrive, then please update these 1 at a time, not altogether. Even if the download or installation appears to stop or freeze, keep it connected for 4 hours, then check if the download has been completed. Best order to update 1 by 1: (if offered)
    • QuickGPSfix / Navcore (if these updates are offered, they cannot be de-selected)
    • Map
    • Speed Cameras
    • Voices
    • Mapshare update (recommended to update last)

Regards, lampard

Answers

• MarkT73MarkT73 Posts: 5 [Apprentice Seeker]
    nope..didnt work
    click on my maps and theres no option to uninstall...clearing cahe doesnt work either im sorry to say.
    anything else to try ?
    cant factory reset the unit via its menu so is there a way to do it through mydrive connect ?
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 8,889
    Superuser
    Hi @MarkT73

Think we have to see if @VikramK or @lampard have a suggestion for your tomorrow morning.

Doug
    no problems Doug..thanks for staying in touch.
  • lampardlampard Posts: 5,612 Moderator
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @MarkT73

Welcome to the Community! I've made some changes to give you the fresh start to download the updates one by one and to remove the corrupted map from your device.To apply these changes, you again need to follow the steps mentioned in the link here. I know you already tried this but whenever we make changes in the back-end, this procedure is necessary to apply those. (After step 8 in the link, the device will say 'updating' and then reboot automatically)

Once this is done, please check for the updates in MyDrive Connect. Whenever more than 1 updates are offered by MyDrive, then please update these 1 at a time, not altogether. Even if the download or installation appears to stop or freeze, keep it connected for 4 hours, then check if the download has been completed. Best order to update 1 by 1: (if offered)
    • QuickGPSfix / Navcore (if these updates are offered, they cannot be de-selected)
    • Map
    • Speed Cameras
    • Voices
    • Mapshare update (recommended to update last)

Regards, lampard
    worked first time,many thanks.
    dunno what you done in the background for it to work but thank you,and Doug for keeping the convo open.