GO iOS v2.0.3 no status bar when in landscape — TomTom Community

GO iOS v2.0.3 no status bar when in landscape

PrivateerUKPrivateerUK Posts: 365 [Supreme Pioneer]
I have an iPhone 6s Plus, running iOS 13.1.2, with TomTom GO iOS v2.0.3.

I have the menu setting "Show status bar in map view" set to "ON", i.e.:

Menu | Settings | Appearance | Display | Show status bar in map view = "ON"

I have just noticed that when in landscape TomTom iOS v2.0.3 does not display the iPhone’s status bar, but it does display the status bar when in portrait. I'm pretty sure that all previous versions of iOS GO have always shown the iPhone status bar in both landscape and portrait.

I need the status bar to be shown at all times as I need to know whether the iPhone is being charged.

Has anybody else noticed that they have no status bar when the iPhone is in landscape?

Can this be fixed as soon as possible?

Thanks,

Best Answer

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 5,419 Superuser
    edited October 2019 Accepted Answer
    Hi @PrivateerUK

I have checked a few other apps including Solitaire/Maps/Google/Calendar/Contacts/Calculator etc that will switch to Landscape and the Status Bar disappears in Landscape so assume this is an Apple thing.

Doug

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 5,419 Superuser
    edited October 2019 Accepted Answer
    Hi @PrivateerUK

I have checked a few other apps including Solitaire/Maps/Google/Calendar/Contacts/Calculator etc that will switch to Landscape and the Status Bar disappears in Landscape so assume this is an Apple thing.

Doug
  • PrivateerUKPrivateerUK Posts: 365 [Supreme Pioneer]
    Hi @DougLap

Many thanks for your quick reply and analysis of the problem. You're absolutely right - it isn't just TomTom iOS GO that's affected as other apps are as well. Even the old legacy TomTom app v 1.29 shows the status bar in portrait but not in landscape.

It's probably good news that it's an iOS 13 issue because hopefully Apple will quickly fix the problem.

Does anybody know how to report issues to Apple about iOS? Just in case Apple isn't aware.

Thanks,