TomTom Go Premium no connection to MyDrive — TomTom Community

TomTom Go Premium no connection to MyDrive

JesperbenJesperben Posts: 11 [Apprentice Traveler]
A few weeks ago I bought a brand new TomTom Go Premium GPS device. It is connected to MyDrive and Traffic-information via an internal SIM-connection. It worked perfectly when I used it in my homeland, Denmark.
Now I have brought the device to USA on vacation. And it is impossible to get a connection to MyDrive and Traffic-information. Both functions gives the message "No service".

How can I connect my GPS here in America? I need both services for my driving.

Thank you for any help.
Jesper

Comments

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 4,202 Superuser
    Hi @Jesperben

Traffic only works in the region within which the unit was purchased which in your case is Europe. Had you bought it in North America it would work there and not in Europe and elsewhere

Doug
  • JesperbenJesperben Posts: 11 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thank you for the answer. Very disappointing but nice to have an explanation. I guess this also is the reason why I can't use Mydrive? I actually brought a computer just to be able to plan routes via the Mydrive!
    Hi @Jesperben

You should still be able to create routes on your PC and send to your device it just th traffic that will not work in USA.

You can download the My Drive App to a smart Phone and create and send the routes to your unit.

Doug
  • JesperbenJesperben Posts: 11 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thanks again, I appreciate your interest in my problem.

My device will not connect to the Mydrive- service. It says "No Service". So it can't receive the routes I send to it. Maybe it is connected to the issue about Traffic.
    edited October 2019
    Hi @Jesperben

Is you device connected to My Drive. If you look in Menu/Settings/MyDrive do you need to log in. If it I connect it should give you an option to Stop Syncing bottom Right.

The data may transfer if you connect the unit to your PC with the My Drive connect software running.

You can also try connecting via Bluetooth. If you have connected it to Bluetooth go into Menu/Settings/Bluetooth and Tap the Phone and you should see a screen where the second option is a Data connection. If that is not turned on then do so. This option only works if the Service via the Inbuilt Mobil system is not operating.

If it will not connect to your My Drive account try connecting it to your phones Hotspot if it has the option.

Lets know how you get on.

Doug