Time to upgrade? — TomTom Community

Time to upgrade?

My GO 5000 is 6 years old in November 2019 and is starting to play up. Is it time to buy a new one?

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 3,213 Superuser
    Hi @Mike27

The later models are quicker to boot up and the Wifi models can update themselves directly from Wifi without the need for a PC.

You could try a Factory Reset on your device to see if that solves any of your problems. The Reset will delete all your Data ie favourites (My Places) and any Poi and route files you have added to the device. Any route files you have created on the unit will be lost and you would need to copy them onto a micro SD card to save them. The software and map versions on your device will not be affected by the Reset.

Tap Menu
    Tap Settings
    Tap System
    Tap Reset Device.

You will have to set the unit up as yo did out of the box ie language , TT Account etc. Don't forget that your model has the inbuilt Mobile sim and so you need to check the spec of any units you consider for purchase as some need to be connected to a Smart Phone to get Traffic services.

Doug
  • MikeS27MikeS27 Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    Hi Doug

Thanks for the advice. If I decide to upgrade it would be to Premium X. Any view on this?
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 3,213 Superuser
    Hi @MikeS27

Here is a previous answer. The unit comes as a 5" or 6" model and the GO6200 mentioned in the answer is the 6" model.

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1674282/#Comment_1674282

The last para sums up the major differences. For example if set to do so it will keep recordings of your last 10 journeys.

Hope that helps.

Doug