Ever since the iOS 13.1.2 udate MyDrive intermittently connects to TomTom — TomTom Community

Ever since the iOS 13.1.2 udate MyDrive intermittently connects to TomTom

Ever since the latest iOS 13.1.2 update MyDrive connect will intermittently see my TomTom. I've tried reinstalling the app, rebooting the phone, and re linking the phone to the TomTom and it's still not keeping a solid connection between the running app and my TomTom. Anyone else experiencing this?

Comments

• lampardlampard Posts: 4,535 TomTom Moderator
    Hi @ReddofNonnac

Welcome to the Community! I would advise you to first update the latest software version 19.20 on your device. Once you do this, re-establish the Bluetooth connection between the iPhone and device by removing the existing Bluetooth connections from your smartphone. Let us know how it goes!

Cheers, lampard
  • ReddofNonnacReddofNonnac Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Unfortunately it didn't work. They communicated for a little bit last night after several re pairing attempts but then this morning when I drove to work they wouldn't communicate with each other, though the TomTom Bluetooth said it was connected to my phone.
  • LissagriffinLissagriffin Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Since I updated my iPhone 7 with iOS 13.1.2 I have not been able to connect to Live Traffic. Always worked perfectly with iOS 12. I have tried everything suggested on these discussion forums, including factory reset, re-pairing, deleting and reinstalling the MyDrive app etc. Nothing works. I've spent hours on it now and to cap it all I got caught in a massive traffic snarl-up yesterday that Live Traffic would probably have guided me away from. It seems that a patch is needed on the MyDrive app to create stable connections with iOS 13.1.2. When can we expect this? Oh, and weirdly speed alerts won't work either.
  • LissagriffinLissagriffin Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    ... correction. I meant to say a patch is needed on the TomTom firmware. When can we expect this?
  • ViolinmanViolinman Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I have the same problem with my GO Essential, I assume once you have bought the product they have your money and are not interested in correcting problems, very annoying though, their app is not fit for purpose!
  • RoadRiderRoadRider Posts: 405 [Supreme Pioneer]
    Or FIX the Bug Apple created and go back to iOS 12 until there is a fix.
    https://ios.gadgethacks.com/how-to/downgrade-ios-13-back-ios-12-4-1-your-iphone-using-itunes-finder-0198642/
  • GuntherVGuntherV Posts: 8 [Master Explorer]
    With ios12, livetraffic sometimes worked. Sometimes, NOT always. Mentioned this to tomtom, but no solution. Since ios13, it just doesn’t work at all. All other bluetoothdevices I have work properly. And tomtom’s after sales service is a laugh
  • RoadRiderRoadRider Posts: 405 [Supreme Pioneer]
    A WiFi hotspot is stable in iOS devices.
    Do not forget to remove the BT phone connection.