TomTom Home & MacOS X Catalina - Page 8 — TomTom Community

TomTom Home & MacOS X Catalina

1234568»

Answers

• xwintechxwintech Posts: 290 [Supreme Pioneer]
    Hi, @rupertd !

Using the version that came with the device is useless as it is a pretty old version.

About installing the newer version, please take attention to the following button/link.
    08gktw9ana0i.png

Mac OS 10.12 or later:
    http://download.tomtom.com/sweet/application/home2upgrade/home2latest/TomTomHOME2mac.dmg

Mac 10.11 or earlier:
    http://download.tomtom.com/sweet/application/home2latest/TomTomHOME2maclatest.dmg

Also, which Mac OS version are you running on?
  • rupertdrupertd Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thanks, tried the later version as I have mac os 10.15 but still getting tom tom installation cannot proceed as not all requirements were met
  • KavarkesKavarkes Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    Hi guys. After a lot of tries and contact TomTom support, I managed to fix the problem and installed the program. Key is to install Java Jdk 1.8.152 if you have Mac 64bits. Once done, TomTom HOME installation will run smooth.

In order to do it you have to take some steps:

STEP 1 : Go to:
    https://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/java-archive-javase8-2177648.html

STEP 2: Scroll down and look for Jdk 1.8.152. Download: jdk- 8u -152 macosx-x64.dmg

PASO 3: You will be directed to Oracle web site. Create and account or log in if you have already an account. You will receive an email to verify account. Click and you will be directed to the Oracle web site again

STEP 4 Once you are logged in, go again to download page to download the fie: jdk- 8u -152 macosx-x64.dmg

STEP 5 Install the downloaded program jdk- 8u -152 macosx-x64.dmg

STEP 6 Once java is installed, download and Install TomTom Home from Tom Tom web site

This should work. It worked for me with OS Catalina V. 10.15.5
  • Edmo117Edmo117 Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    I am trying to install Home on my MacBook Pro but when it runs the program:-This package will run a program to determine if the software can be installed, it comes back with:-
    Failure......Installation cannot proceed, as not all requirements were met. and that is it.....What can I do to sort this out and install TomTom Home on my Mac???
  • MaxwellAUMaxwellAU Posts: 0 [New Seeker]
    MyDrive Connect for Mac OS fails to link to Via 280 since update to macOS Catalina 10.15.6. It seems the update has broken something regarding the connection of the Via 280 to the Mac. Any ideas any one.
  • trikke_dtrikke_d Posts: 10 [Master Traveler]
    Kavarkes wrote: »
    Hi guys. After a lot of tries and contact TomTom support, I managed to fix the problem and installed the program. Key is to install Java Jdk 1.8.152 if you have Mac 64bits. Once done, TomTom HOME installation will run smooth.

In order to do it you have to take some steps:

STEP 1 : Go to:
    https://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/java-archive-javase8-2177648.html

STEP 2: Scroll down and look for Jdk 1.8.152. Download: jdk- 8u -152 macosx-x64.dmg

PASO 3: You will be directed to Oracle web site. Create and account or log in if you have already an account. You will receive an email to verify account. Click and you will be directed to the Oracle web site again

STEP 4 Once you are logged in, go again to download page to download the fie: jdk- 8u -152 macosx-x64.dmg

STEP 5 Install the downloaded program jdk- 8u -152 macosx-x64.dmg

STEP 6 Once java is installed, download and Install TomTom Home from Tom Tom web site

This should work. It worked for me with OS Catalina V. 10.15.5

This appears to work for me too. Hurray!
  • HangelHangel Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    edited September 11
    I am aware of the situation but it does not solve that disappointment!

Mod edit: Machine translated (Italian)
  • DitheduckDitheduck Posts: 7 [Master Traveler]
    My new Apple Mac is running Mac Catalina version 10.15
    It resolutely will not download and install MyDrive Connect. Not had a problem on previous Macs.
    edited September 24
    I now have a new Apple Mac running OS Catalina 10.15.
    MyDrive Connect fails to install.
    Any work rounds?
    It would have been helpful if the main installation page just said that for later versions of Mac OS you would need to install Java before trying to install MyDrive Connect.