TomTom Home & MacOS X Catalina - Page 5 — TomTom Community

TomTom Home & MacOS X Catalina

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,202
    Superuser
    Hi @Malletts1

Hopefully @VikramK can make a suggestion tomorrow if he is back then.

Doug
  • kumeekkumeek Posts: 6 [Neophyte Traveler]
    This is ridiculous. I, too, just paid for map updates. How do I get a refund as I can't launch the app on my mac. Please note that i can install it without issue. But it won't launch because the developer is not recognized and is out of date.
    I get a 500 server error trying to get to download page.
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 10,294 Moderator
    @Malletts1

Could you try the troubleshooting advised on this FAQ-https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/16402

@kumeek
    Have you already tried the troubleshooting in my comment here-https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1685365/#Comment_1685365

-Vikram
  • Bert1959Bert1959 Posts: 9 [Master Traveler]
    getting worse and worse...... your clients seem to know better than TT-developpers.
    User15 wrote: »
    I am a Java developer. I have several Java versions installed, and need them.

Are you seriously telling me I need to configure my machine into an outdated, old state, just to make it look the same as what your developers are using, because you cannot manage to make your software run on machines that are up to date?

I even have Java 8 installed, which is apparently what your software uses. But you need me to uninstall Java 11?

This is ridiculous. If this is your approach to software development, you will go out of business.

oh dear. Users are better informed and skilled than TT-development.
    Am getting an bit cynical as quite a bit of users are still not able to use tt-home 3 months after Catalina release......
    VikramK wrote: »
    @Malletts1

Could you try the troubleshooting advised on this FAQ-https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/16402

@kumeek
    Have you already tried the troubleshooting in my comment here-https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1685365/#Comment_1685365

-Vikram

@VikramK Yes. To no avail. Installs without issue. Will not launch app. How do I get a refund.
    kumeek wrote: »
    VikramK wrote: »
    @Malletts1

@kumeek

-Vikram

@VikramK Yes. To no avail. Installs without issue. Will not launch app. How do I get a refund.

OK. After doing all this, I then had to go into the TomTom home files and double click the .jar file to get it to launch. Now I'll see if I can actually update the maps I've purchased.
  • KMCKKMCK Posts: 7 [Master Traveler]
    I have same problem as @Malletts1, in that - I have followed the suggestions by @VikramK and, when I try to update the maps I get a message that I now have connected a different device to the device connected to my account! see screenshot. glvbimqvfrvj.png
    As I do not want to create a new account, I tried the option of connecting the device in the card reader to my existing account. This resulted in a blank screen when seeking the updates (have not updated anything for several months because of the Mac problem), and when I put the card back into the car, I now have no connection to Live services, and when I try to connect to the account on the car screen, I get an invalid username message.
    so now what?
  • KMCKKMCK Posts: 7 [Master Traveler]
    Just to clarify my previous message - following the suggestions by VikramK, seems to have changed the serial number or other identification of the SD Card so that TT Home does not recognise it as the device connected to my account.
    KMCK wrote: »
    Just to clarify my previous message - following the suggestions by VikramK, seems to have changed the serial number or other identification of the SD Card so that TT Home does not recognise it as the device connected to my account.

I've successfully installed TomTom Home, but now doesn't recognize my SD card from my Mazda. My computer does show the card and I can navigate to it. But, TomTom doesn't recognize as a device.
  • NZTomNZTom Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    edited December 2019
    Add me to the list - have followed the steps in this post and still getting the same error as most others, "Insufficient Space" and "This appplication requires Java Runtime Environment 1.8.0_20 or above (Minimum Version JDK 1.8.0_20).
    Please install the JDK from the following location and try again". Vikram's solution doesn't work for me. How do I update my maps?
  • macboymacboy Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    All of this is NUTS. I have been asking TomTom about their plan to update HOME for a year. I have been told that the currently available program that everyone is having trouble with isn't Beta and from what I see here that's correct - it's ALPHA! TomTom had 3 years notice that Apple would no longer run 32bit software but did nothing about it. Now that Catalina has been out for over 3 months, TomTom still has no working solution. TomTom keeps calling the attempt at producing a 64 bit version of HOME at fix. That would indicate that something is broken. IT ISN'T - Apple didn't break anything! Asking people to install developer software should tell everyone exactly what's going on - TomTom needs our help to solve their problem. SPEND SOME MONEY, FIX YOUR SOFTWARE!
  • uover82uover82 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi All: like others, I'm able to install the update so that it doesn't disrupt my working jdk, but it can't access my sd card. I'm watching for a fix :)
  • kris_J1kris_J1 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    edited January 2
    I too am appalled that after a 3 year notice from Apple to drop 32 bit applications and going all the way 64 bits TomTom did nothing to prepare for this transition leaving I don't know how many thousands of Mac users in the cold. It is clear that TomTom does not regard its paying Mac users a priority. I contacted a few times the TomTom helpdesk before the release of Catalina and always got the same generic answer that TomTom is aware of it and working on a solution which was clearly not the case. I was naive enough to believe them. Even until now TomTom is incapable to develop a working Mac application. Considering that TomTom is not a small company but one of the market leaders with regard to navigation systems I just don't get it to see how they are messing around asking their Mac customers to install an old Java version and deleting newer Java versions which is again proof of incompetence as it leads to dangerous situations with regard to security. I am very angry as I too am a paying customer and because my navigation system is part of my Renault car I can not switch easily to another navigation platform. Maybe TomTom should consider to outsource their Mac mess to another company with dedicated Mac developers to develop a working and stableTomTom Mac application.
  • troedtroed Posts: 5 [Master Traveler]
    edited January 2
    Installed the app linked to by the main website to my Mojave Mac. Came here to see I needed to install Oracle Java 8 (I'm using OpenJDK 11 normally). Did that, manually solved which Java version to run the app with, and can start it.

However, it doesn't recognize my Renault SD card, same as I see many others have commented. Since I can see the console output, I can see that the app does see the SD card Volume so this points to a bug in the app rather than a Java access issue.
    DAVolumeName = TOMTOMDISK;
        DAVolumeNetwork = 0;
        DAVolumePath = "file://localhost/Volumes/TOMTOMDISK/";
        DAVolumeType = "MS-DOS (FAT16)";
        DAVolumeUUID = "<CFUUID 0x7fb05a6d0e90> B448C980-492C-33A7-B159-AA8FD8EA729B";

The following lines of the console output might be a guide to your development team, the follow immediately after the output above:
    2020-01-02 13:13:38.077 java[4036:44517] Volume mounted at: /Volumes/TOMTOMDISK
    2020-01-02 13:13:38.078 java[4036:44517] TotalSpace: 1975287808 FormattedTotalSpace: 1,98 GB
    2020-01-02 13:13:38.078 java[4036:44517] Object Type2: NSURL
    2020-01-02 13:13:38.078 java[4036:44517] kDADiskDescriptionVolumePathKey before
    TOMTOMDISK
    2020-01-02 13:13:38.078 java[4036:44517] kDADiskDescriptionVolumePathKey after
    2020-01-02 13:13:38.079 java[4036:44517] Object Type2: NSURL
    2020-01-02 13:13:38.079 java[4036:44517] kDADiskDescriptionVolumePathKey before
    TOMTOMDISK
    2020-01-02 13:13:38.079 java[4036:44517] kDADiskDescriptionVolumePathKey after
    2020-01-02 13:13:38.449 java[4036:44517] Object Type2: NSURL
    2020-01-02 13:13:38.449 java[4036:44517] kDADiskDescriptionVolumePathKey before
    TOMTOMDISK
    2020-01-02 13:13:38.449 java[4036:44517] kDADiskDescriptionVolumePathKey after
    2020-01-02 13:13:38.450 java[4036:44517] Object Type2: NSURL
    2020-01-02 13:13:38.450 java[4036:44517] kDADiskDescriptionVolumePathKey before
    TOMTOMDISK
    2020-01-02 13:13:38.450 java[4036:44517] kDADiskDescriptionVolumePathKey after
    2020-01-02 13:13:38.450 java[4036:44517] Object Type2: NSURL
    2020-01-02 13:13:38.450 java[4036:44517] kDADiskDescriptionVolumePathKey before
    TOMTOMDISK
    2020-01-02 13:13:38.450 java[4036:44517] kDADiskDescriptionVolumePathKey after
    Jan 02, 2020 1:14:03 PM javafx.fxml.FXMLLoader$ValueElement processValue
    WARNING: Loading FXML document with JavaFX API of version 10.0.1 by JavaFX runtime of version 8.0.202
    Jan 02, 2020 1:14:05 PM javafx.fxml.FXMLLoader$ValueElement processValue
    WARNING: Loading FXML document with JavaFX API of version 10.0.1 by JavaFX runtime of version 8.0.202

• JeronimusJeronimus Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Same here, went through the trouble of installing JDK. The Home-App opens up now (so I have made progress), but can't acces the SD Card, so no possibility for an update yet.

I'd really like to update my maps, as I have purchased a subscription. Please provide a solution soon.
  • Bert1959Bert1959 Posts: 9 [Master Traveler]
    Hi all,

fortunately my subscription expired a week ago. Just here to see whether TT can solve their problems and. then I'll look into a possible new subscription.

Good luck to all users !!
  • PaulHolmstromPaulHolmstrom Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I seemed as if I managed to update the application as I described earlier. It also seemed as if it updated the SD card and the maps, but when moving the card to our car I can see that the maps have not been updated.
    My main interest right now is to find an old version of Tom Tom Home so that I can downgrade and keep a version on a startup disk that I will not update to Catalina.
    I am sorely disappointed in Tom Tom, to say the very least.
  • eavroeavro Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    This is a big mess and disappointment. I did everything Vikram said. Home installed and worked, it seemed. It saw and updated my Rider for hours (as usual), after which my Rider is completely bricked. It does not start up beyond the tomtom logo whatever I try. Thanks a lot for giving my device the final blow. NEVER TOMTOM AGAIN
  • dlc3366dlc3366 Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    Is there any hope that TomTom home will be updated to work with Mac OS Catalina?
    BBCode
  • vigielfvigielf Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I am stuck with an eastern european map on my tomtom device and cannot swap back to the western european map due to this issue. This is a real joke. When can we expect a fix to this?
  • RobHoenenRobHoenen Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    After warning TomTom for years about their old 32 TomTom app and after more then fifty mails to the dutch support centre I had to install Java SDK today. After that TT-Home started up for the first time since months. Now my SD card isn’t recognised and they made me formatting the (good) SD-card and buy me another SD-card and I had, of course, the same result. The support documents they have send me were old and not written for Catalina. The Dutch support website was out of order for more then a full week. I think TomTom wants us to all leave TomTom…?
  • troedtroed Posts: 5 [Master Traveler]
    Well it's not just about Catalina now. The updated version they did for Catalina isn't working even on older macOS versions now due to not recognizing SD cards.

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 10,294 Moderator
    Hello all,

A version of TomTom HOME is now available for download on our support website.

This version should cover bugs listed in the announcement topic here-

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1120375/new-version-of-tomtom-home-released#latest

Thank you,
    Vikram
  • SimonAlgeraSimonAlgera Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Yes, it's working again!