TomTom Home & MacOS X Catalina — TomTom Community

TomTom Home & MacOS X Catalina

The present version of TomTom Home (2.11.7.575) is 32 bits, not 64. So it don't works with the last Mac OS. Is an upgrade to be done ? When ? Thank you pour your answer.

Answers

• FransKoomenFransKoomen Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    When will an update become available from TomTom Home for MacOS Catalina?
    With best regards,
    Frans
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 8,159 TomTom Moderator
    Hi DM_Essonne and FransKoomen

Our team is aware of the problem and we are already working to release a fix.

I will post back as soon as I have an update to share.

Regards
    Vikram
  • tom_flrytom_flry Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    Thanks Vikram, do you have any idea what the ETA might be ? Our yearly trip is coming up (40+ hour drive between US & CAN) and our maps are out of date... Any way to update the maps directly by update the map file on the unit (it does show up as a drive on Catalina) ?
  • jicemanjiceman Posts: 8 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I'm also waiting on the 64 bit update. Thanks!
  • dirk_789dirk_789 Posts: 2 [New Traveler]
    edited October 13
    Quiet disappointed in TOMTOM management...
    you should have had a solution ready BEFORE the appearance of Catalina, not working after the facts...
    A company of that size not worthy...sorry...

And don't tell me you had to wait for it's release... I'm also active in software and you can work on a solution before
  • kris_J1kris_J1 Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    dirk_789 wrote: »
    you should have had a solution ready BEFORE the appearance of Catalina, not working after the facts...

And don't tell me you had to wait for it's release... I'm also active in software and you can work on a solution before

I agree. TOMTOM had time and resources enough to fix the problem before the release of Catalina. Now I can not update my maps any more. Every time I contact the helpdesk they give a standard answer that they are aware of the problem but for the rest we get zero information exactly WHEN TOMTOM Home will be updated to 64 bits or if a brand new application will be released. Please provide us with a clear answer. WHAT and WHEN will TOMTOM do to solve the problem which should have been solved before the release of Catalina.
  • Ste7iosSte7ios Posts: 726 Superuser
    The transition to 64 bit has been started 3 years ago with macOS High Sierra. There’s no excuse...
  • IanRobertsIanRoberts Posts: 5 [Apprentice Traveler]
    edited October 16
    When will Tom Tom Home be compatible with Mac OS Catalina 10.15?
    Tom Tom should be working with Apple to ensure compatibility with Mac OS updates - it is a shocking inditement that TomTom (a tech organisation of some standing) is unprepared and unable to fulfil its responsibilities to its paying customers.
    ...also I can't find a way of contacting a helpdesk - just given a runaround with FAQ that don't clarify anything - please let me know.
    Hi @IanRoberts

Our developers are aware of this issue and we are looking to release a new version to resolve this bug.

We expect a fix for this soon.

Regards
    Vikram :)
    Thanks for the reply - in the meantime can you supply a discount code for the next map update?
  • nils_hermansen12nils_hermansen12 Posts: 0 [New Seeker]
    I have recently bought a new Map of Europe, but the TOM TOM Hope app does not work on my MAC computer I am running MAC OS Catalina.
    Heard from others that the reason is my system is running on 64bits and TOM TOM Home is on 32 bits.

Can anyone confirm this might be the problem? And if "yes" when can I expect TOM TOM Home come up with a 64bit app?
    Thanks
    Nils
    Hi @nils_hermansen12

Please see my reply above.

@IanRoberts

Unfortunately, we don't provide discount vouchers or codes on a public forum. If your device or account qualities for it you will receive a promotional email.

Regards
    Vikram
  • mrplushmrplush Posts: 0 [New Seeker]
    Does anyone know when we will get an update to TOMTOM HOME application for the latest MacOS 10.15 Catalina. The current version 2_11_7_575 is 32bit and Catalina only runs 64bit applications.
  • KiwiDesKiwiDes Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    my tom-tom HOME errors with this "The developer of this app needs to update it to work with this version of macOS. Contact the developer for more information." after my Mac update to Mac OS Catalina. help please
  • codstompercodstomper Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    Like many others I had paid for three updates and had only downloaded one of them before the Catalina upgrade. Is there some sort of refund planned? Trying to get any sort of practical help or information on the TomTom site is impossible so what happens now.
  • dirk_789dirk_789 Posts: 2 [New Traveler]
    zqx1poy1s5u2.png

Some do it better.....
  • GORGYGORGY Posts: 14 [Master Traveler]

• dhndhn Posts: 33,173 Superusers
    IanRoberts wrote: »
    ...also I can't find a way of contacting a helpdesk - just given a runaround with FAQ that don't clarify anything - please let me know.

United Kingdom
    02079 490 134
    Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
  • KiwiDesKiwiDes Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    This relates to my previous question. Latest Mac OSX update is Catalina. Trying to update Tom-tom home keeps failing with error message stating Tom-tom Home must be updated. Catalina is 64 bit, so loaded apps must be 64 bit too. As I understand it.
    Really hard to find a way to access Tom-tom help, except through this community.

regards Des
  • NemraNemra Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    I just bought a new TomTom and now I can not really use it, because I can't use the TomTomSoftware and update. My Mac runs on the new software Catalina.
    When will you fix the problem?
    Thank you
  • famritterbbfamritterbb Posts: 2 [New Traveler]
    When will you fix the problem?
    Thank you
  • GORGYGORGY Posts: 14 [Master Traveler]
    edited October 18
    GORGY wrote: »

And don't auto clicker tell me you had to wait for it's release... I'm also active in software word unscramblerand you can work jumble solveron a solution before

• hpkhpk Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    edited October 19
    Same Question as above:
    When (days? months? years? soon is very unspecific!) will Tom Tom Home be compatible with Mac OS Catalina 10.15?