Corrupted Map — TomTom Community

Corrupted Map

HiphopjamHiphopjam Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
I am unable to uninstall the corrupted map in My Content My Map section. When starting MyDrive Connect the dashboard disappears when I connect my navigation device and it automatically starts downloading. #NoMapsFound

Answers

• lampardlampard Posts: 4,479 TomTom Moderator
    Hi @Hiphopjam

Welcome to the Community! I see that your earlier map download failed due to interrupted connection which resulted in map corruption. Can you please try the map download using the Wired (Ethernet) connection since WiFi may work but can be slow causing a Time-Out?

I've now made some changes to remove the corrupted map, please try again and check for the updates in MyDrive Connect by following the steps below?
    • If your navigation device is connected to the computer, disconnect it.
    • Right-click the MyDrive Connect icon in the Windows notification area or Apple menu bar and then select Cogwheel > Settings.
    • Select the tab Downloads.
    • Click Empty download folder.
    • Click Save settings.
    • Enable the option 'Download updates on my computer'
    • Restart MyDrive Connect to check for the updates. Click the MyDrive Connect icon in the Windows notification area or Apple menu bar and then click Quit> Start MyDrive Connect.
    Please note: Whenever more than 1 updates are offered by MyDrive, then please update these 1 at a time, not altogether. Even if the download or installation appears to stop or freeze, keep it connected for 4 hours, then check if the download has been completed.Best order to update 1 by 1: (if offered)
    • QuickGPSfix / Navcore (if these updates are offered, they cannot be de-selected)
    • Map
    • Speed Cameras
    • Voices
    Hope this helps!

Regards, lampard

• AnitaVDAnitaVD Posts: 2 [New Traveler]
    I have exactly the same problem. The Empty download folder option is greyed out and I can't click on it. My device says NO MAPS and there is no menu button to check any settings on the Go 5000. Connecting to MyDriveConnect it immediately goes into a install loop with the same result. Done it 3 times now. The first time the device seemed to interrupt the internet even though I am on an ethernet cable. Had to restart my router.
  • dhndhn Posts: 33,245 Superusers
    @AnitaVD

Support to call:

South Africa
    0800 980670
    Monday-Friday: 10:00 to 18:30
  • AnitaVDAnitaVD Posts: 2 [New Traveler]
    edited February 13
    Thanks. Good to have - thought they left the country.
    I connected to another computer and everything was done in 10 min - map back and updated but still no live traffic which was the reason I thought I should update.
    Have now done a factory reset and the traffic is back. Now I hope it is back all the time and doesn't let me down when I need it the most.