mounting a premium via air vent

webbz
webbz Registered Users Posts: 9
Master Explorer
edited December 2021 in Devices using Wi-Fi®
i currently have a go 400 and have an tomtom air vent kit which is great, however i want to get the premium but want to know if i can vent mount it like my 400?

Answers

• lampard
    lampard Administrators Posts: 5,947
    Hi there @webbz

Welcome to the Community! I believe the Air vent mount which you use with your GO 400 is this and has the pins at the bottom. Whereas, the same mount for GO premium will have the pins in the middle so it won't fix.

Regards, lampard
  • DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,827
    Superuser
    Hi @webbz

If you look at the Link that @lampard has given you you will see that it only lists 3 compatible Tomtom models all of which are 5" models. I think that whilst this means the 5" premium model would also seem to be okay although it is not listed it would seem Tomtom do not suggest the mount is used for the heavier 6" models.

Doug
  • webbz
    webbz Registered Users Posts: 9
    Master Explorer
    lampard wrote: »
    Hi there @webbz

Welcome to the Community! I believe the Air vent mount which you use with your GO 400 is this and has the pins at the bottom. Whereas, the same mount for GO premium will have the pins in the middle so it won't fix.

Regards, lampard

hi
    the vent i currently use is like the one in the pic with the long forks which is hopefully attached, what current mount would i need to affix a premium to a vent :)

yx3xsxv5ihtg.png
  • DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,827
    Superuser
    edited October 2019
    Hi @webbz

The first link in @lampard s post is the mount for your Go 400 his second link (same mount) is the vent holder for the Go520 etc and is the one for a premium. Model.

Bear in mind my comments that it is for 5” models. They do not advertise one for 6” models.

Doug
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 20,787
    Superuser
    Ho
    @webbz

Tomtom do not recommend the Air-vent Mount for the 6" Models, the Air-vent Mount is only for use with the 5" models, they are concerned about the weight of the 6" devices on the air-vent slats

I use the Dashboard Mount discs
    https://www.tomtom.com/en_gb/sat-nav/accessories/mounts-docks/dashboard-mount-disks/

Mount set for Dashboard use...

33l7lu3pdcur.png
    The Mount twisted around the ball joint 180 Degrees... For Windscreen use...

iffierccnjlp.png
    The ball joint is tight, it has to stand the weight of the 6" Units without getting 'PND' (Premature Navigation Droop) :o

ATB YFM
  • lampard
    lampard Administrators Posts: 5,947
    DougLap wrote: »
    Hi @webbz
    Bear in mind my comments that it is for 5” models. They do not advertise one for 6” models.

My bad, @webbz! @DougLap & @YamFazMan are correct. The Air-vent Mount is not recommended/available with Premium or any 6" Models.

Regards, lampard