Rider 400 - Car Windscreen Mount Power - wrong polarity problem — TomTom Community

Rider 400 - Car Windscreen Mount Power - wrong polarity problem

MinsMins Posts: 4 [Neophyte Traveler]
edited October 2019 in RIDER
I purchased a TT car mount for my TTRider 410 only to find it would not charge in the car, I traced it to the internal wiring of the screen mount and by unsoldering and reconnecting the + & - wires the problem was resolved.
I wonder how may have been made with the wires crossed (reverse polarity) ???

Has anybody seem this before

Min G0JMS

Answers

• RoadRiderRoadRider Posts: 477 [Supreme Pioneer]
    No, never seen this problem and this is the first time I read a complain like this on a forum.

Our own CAR mount works perfectly.
  • MinsMins Posts: 4 [Neophyte Traveler]
    RoadRider wrote: »
    No, never seen this problem and this is the first time I read a complain like this on a forum.

Our own CAR mount works perfectly.

Thanks for letting know and a factory problem because the connections can't be rotated in the mount and required un-soldering. I would expect others to just assume they have a faulty windscreen mount when plugging it in for the first time, returning it if new.
    Unless you have a voltmeter or multi meter to test it with and against a correct one, then you would not know.
    Mines working all OK now and must have been a Friday one.

Min G0JMS
  • llibrmllibrm Posts: 5 [Master Traveler]
    The very same thing happened to me. I ordered a replacement item, and it had the same problem. So I took it apart and resoldered the wires in the correct position. Must have been a "Friday" assembly issue. ;)
  • MinsMins Posts: 4 [Neophyte Traveler]
    llibrm wrote: »
    The very same thing happened to me. I ordered a replacement item, and it had the same problem. So I took it apart and resoldered the wires in the correct position. Must have been a "Friday" assembly issue. ;)

Hi Llibrm
    Sounds like TT had a new solderer on the job that day "Friday". As the internal connection is not marked a mistake is easliy made.

Just wonder how many were made and got through QA.. :s:/