how can I update my tomtom device ? Type = GO 6100 — TomTom Community

how can I update my tomtom device ? Type = GO 6100

didier_lybaertdidier_lybaert Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
Frist of all, I am Flamish and the screen shots I took are too.
My GPS (type GO 6100) is connected via the original USB-cable to my computer on which mydrive connect version 4.2.5.3770 is installed.
I get as first screen : add a system.
afterwards I get the screen where they ask to connect my system, but I did already via the usb-cable.
But I think I should get the screen which tells me that my that my GPS has type GO 6100 and where I can choose updates and further on 'which update' to install.
Please help me.

Answers

• LAURE123LAURE123 Posts: 1,632
    Superuser
    edited October 2019
    Hi @didier_lybaert

Can you give more information please. There are no screenshots.

This is the first time you try to update your GO6100 device?
    The "Add a device" screen appears in MyDrive Connect when you connect a device for the first time to a TomTom account (email+password). TomTom account created before. This links the device to the user account.
    - Have you changed the email of your TomTom account?
    - The device was registered under a different TomTom account before? Maybe a 2nd hand?
    The services are attached to the device not to the owner. In case of change of ownership or account (email). The device must be reset to the factory state to erase the old account.

Factory Reset: This will restore the device to its original state by deleting all personalized menu settings, personal data (email, password, places/favorites/trips). the latest updates, map and NavCore internal software will remain.
    In the GO6100 ==> Main Menu (4Dots....)/System/Reset
    http://download.tomtom.com/open/manuals/new_GO/html/nl-nl/index.htm#System-MASTER.htm

Getstarted GO6100 in Dutch https://nl.support.tomtom.com/app/getstarted/p/2986/locale/nl_BE

For further help, don't hesitate to contact TomTom Customer Support.
    Belgique
    027 007 272
    du lundi au vendredi de 09h00 à 17h30

België Dutch
    Maandag: 09:00 tot 17:30
    Dinsdag t/m vrijdag: 09:00 tot 16:30

Regards.
  • didier_lybaertdidier_lybaert Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    edited October 2019
    Hello, thanks for the answer. I tried the Dutch helpdesk and waited for a response during more than 5 minutes. I quit afterwards.
    I added the screens in attachment.
  • LAURE123LAURE123 Posts: 1,632
    Superuser
    edited October 2019
    Hi @didier_lybaert

Sorry for the delay. You may have been able to contact TomTom Customer Support.
    From your screen shots your computer does not detect your device, maybe a problem with the driver installed by Windows or a firewall lockup.

Look at this FAQ: Using Windows 10, MyDrive Connect does not recognise my device

Some thoughts:
    Try to do a Soft Reset with your GO6100 connected to your PC.
    With your device "switch on", press and hold the On/Off button until you hear the drum sounds. This can take 30 seconds or more. The device restarts. If you see a black screen with white text, hold down the button until you hear the drum sounds.

Our devices are identified as Network Adapters (removable), not USB devices. Check if the TomTom driver is activated.
    With your device Connected to the PC:
    In your PC ==> Right click on the Windows10 "Start button" /DeviceManager/Network Adapters/ you must have a "Remote NDIS compatible device" (or "TomTom")/ Right click on it, check if it's activated:
    - If you see the choice "Enable", click on it to activate your driver device.
    - If you see the choice "Disable" it's OK, you have nothing to do.
    - If you found an "unknown device" in "other devices" or a "USB device" with a problem (yellow triangle) removed it.

Some firewall (the VPNs too) can block the connexion with MDC. Do an exception for MDC, this file:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\MyDrive Connect\TomTom MyDrive Connect.exe

Check also if your firewall allows connection with your device, "trusted network".
    If you use the Windows firewall, look at this link "how to do", add TomTom MDC for "private" and "public" network.
    https://www.windowscentral.com/how-troubleshoot-and-fix-windows-10s-firewall-problems#allow_app_windows_firewall

Otherwise if alas it still does not work, contact TomTom Customer Support directly for more help.

Regards.