Issues with Tomtom Go 2.02 — TomTom Community

Issues with Tomtom Go 2.02

I am using iphone 11 ios 13.1.2
1. While driving the map will disappear from the carplay screen but my connection is still good because my podcast is still playing via carplay. So my educated guess is the problem is with the app. All other apps are smooth once connected.
2. Sometimes during use of the app it will make a sound notification of a camera but the voice does not say anything just a 3 second empty silence.
3. When are we going to get the ability to search on the carplay screen?
4. How come the update maps do not install automatically?I noticed that they are downloaded but no notification is given. I stumbled on the downloaded maps and realized that they were there.

Answers

• lampardlampard Posts: 4,775 Moderator
    edited October 2019
    Hi @sam_un13

Sorry for my late reply! Please see my comments below:

1. I've not seen such reports so far. Does this happen on every trip or only when you disconnect the phone during a small break & reconnect it again? Please check if the 'Run app in the background' is enabled under Settings in the Main Menu of the App. Yesterday, we released a new update for Go Navigation App, can you install it and check if it shows the same behaviour?

2. Can you check if the warning type is set to 'Read aloud' under Main Menu>Settings> Sounds & Warnings? You'll hear spoken warnings only when the computer voice is selected.

3. We already received similar feedback and I would like you to know that the CarPlay search feature should be in the next app update. I don't have ETA on this but we'll keep you posted.

4. Thank you for your feedback, I'll send it to the team! :)

Regards, lampard
  • sam_un13sam_un13 Posts: 4 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Thank you for your reply.

1. I used it today with no problems. I upgraded the app as directed. I will get back to you if the problem persists.
    2. Read aloud was the issue as you suggested. When I upgrade the iphone this setting did not transfer.
    3. 3. We at least need a voice or written option on the screen.

Thank you.