change TOMTOM account (e-mailaddress) on device GO5200 — TomTom Community

change TOMTOM account (e-mailaddress) on device GO5200

My e-mail address has been changed. My TOMTOM account has also been changed to the new email address.

MyDrive on the GO5200 still uses the old email address as a TOMTOM account. How do I get this changed to the new email address on the GO5200

Mod edit: Machine translated(Dutch)

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,105
    Superuser
    Hi @Hennie_Hendricks

Tap Menu (4Dots)
    Tap Settings
    Tap System
    Tap Reset Device.

This will reset your device and delete all your data ie favourites (My Places) and any Poi and Route files you have on the GO5200. When the unit is reset you have to set the unit up as you did originally and then you can put the new email address in. The unit will then sync with your new Email Account.

Tik op Menu (4 punten)
    Tik op Instellingen
    Tik op Systeem
    Tik op Apparaat resetten.

Hiermee wordt je apparaat opnieuw ingesteld en worden al je gegevens verwijderd, zoals favorieten (Mijn plaatsen) en alle Poi- en routebestanden die je op de GO5200 hebt. Wanneer het apparaat wordt gereset, moet u het instellen zoals u oorspronkelijk deed en dan kunt u het nieuwe e-mailadres invoeren. Het apparaat synchroniseert vervolgens met uw nieuwe e-mailaccount.( Google Translate)

Doug
  • Hennie_HendricksHennie_Hendricks Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    Hi Doug,
    thanks for your answer.
    But … I hope there is a more userfriendly way !

Hello TOMTOM support …...

Regards Hennie
    Superuser
    Hi @Hennie_Hendricks

Sorry but that is the only way as it is not possible for Tomtom to remotely change the email address on the device as far as I know.

Doug.
  • cobusmcobusm Posts: 2 [New Traveler]
    Regarding the reset: what will happen with the software en maps version ? Will that also go back to the original factory version?
    Superuser
    Hi @cobusm

If you do a factory reset the maps and the operating software remain as the versions currently on the device. It tidies up all the files and deletes all the data ie Favourites (My Places), Poi files and Route files including your details etc as well as restoring the settings to those on the device when it left the factory.

Doug
  • cobusmcobusm Posts: 2 [New Traveler]
    Hi Doug,

Thanks for the answer.

Rgrds, Cobusm