Software version Rollback requests | Battery issues | Runner & Spark watch series - Page 98 — TomTom Community

Software version Rollback requests | Battery issues | Runner & Spark watch series

Comments

• croycroy Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    Hello, Can I also please rollback my firmware.
    Updated to 1.7.64 and battery drains within a couple of hours.
    Have reset
    Syncing is off
    Nightmode is off as well

Thanks
  • lampardlampard Posts: 4,316 TomTom Moderator
    @Surfin @bhushan_1234 As tfarabaugh mentioned, this might be the case of depleted battery and rolling back to version 1.3.255 won't help in this case. But make a factory reset on you watch and the old version 1.3.255 will be offered to you in Sports Connect. Please note that you'll loose the latest features like Personalized Workouts, Fitness Age, Control of syncing and alerts. See if this improves the situation!

Thanks, lampard
  • jaeshan34jaeshan34 Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    Hello, Can I also please rollback my firmware.
    Have reset
    Syncing is off
    Nightmode is off as well
  • aweatheraweather Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    lampard wrote: »
    @aweather Can you first try the factory reset and give it a test run to see if it improves the situation after this? Otherwise I can put you on the old version.

Thanks, lampard

have previously tried this with no improvemetn
    @aweather Your watch may have depleted battery. I've now put you on the old version 1.3.255, please make a factory reset on you watch and the version will be offered to you in Sports Connect. Please note that you'll loose the latest features like Personalized Workouts, Fitness Age, Control of syncing and alerts.

@jaeshan34 I've now put you on the old version 1.3.255, please make a factory reset on you watch and the version will be offered to you in Sports Connect. See if this improves the situation!

Thanks, lampard
  • arakarak Posts: 4 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hallo, Can you also please rollback my firmware.
    Updated to 1.7.64 and battery drains within minutes.
    Have reset, Syncing is off, Nightmode is off as well
    Thanks! Alex
    @arak Watch linked to your account is two plus years old so this might be the case of depleted battery and rolling back to version version won't help in this case. But make a factory reset on you watch and the version 1.3.255 will be offered to you in Sports Connect. Please note that you'll loose the latest features like Personalized Workouts, Fitness Age, Control of syncing and alerts. Hope this improves the situation!

Thanks, lampard
  • jfbarbjfbarb Posts: 1 [Novice Seeker]
    Hi, Can you also please rollback my firmware for my spark 3
    Since I updated to 1.7.64 my battery drains within a hour. My watch is now useless for a year. I tried a factory reset without result

thank you
    @jfbarb Please make a factory reset on you watch and the old version 1.3.255 will be offered to you in Sports Connect. Please note that you'll loose the latest features like Personalized Workouts, Fitness Age, Control of syncing and alerts.

Cheers, lampard
  • rainer9968rainer9968 Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    Hello, Can you also please rollback my firmware Spark 3 cardio.
    Have reset
    Syncing is off
    Nightmode is off as well

Thank you!
    Hi @rainer9968

If you make a factory reset on you watch now and the old version 1.3.255 will be offered to you in Sports Connect. Please note that you'll loose the latest features like Personalized Workouts, Fitness Age, Control of syncing and alerts. Also, give it a test run and see if this improves the situation otherwise you can get in touch with our support to get your watch replaced under warranty.

Regards, lampard
  • ati_runsati_runs Posts: 4 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hi @lampard ,

thank you for enabling me to factory reset to 1.3.255. I did the factoy reset today, went for a run, then I came back and connected my tomtom runner 2 cardio+music to my macbook with USB (with the tomtom software installed on the macbook, also tried to re-install), and it did not sync the workout. So it recognized the watch, it is saying "Ready to go" in the TomTom app on macbook, but the workout wasn't synced to mysports.tomtom.com and neither to endomondo or strava. Are you aware of similar issue? Can you please help? Next saturday (29th of June) I'm running a 1/2 marathon and I'd like to be able to sync that race...
    Please advice.
  • ati_runsati_runs Posts: 4 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hi @lampard,

but the battery is still bad as it was with previous software version.. so, can you just please revert my software version to the latest and I'll do a factory reset again? Hopefully that will solve the syncing issue.

Thank you.
    @ati_runs The latest version 1.7.64 will now be offered to you in Sports Connect.
  • Mack_01Mack_01 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hi there. Can I request a rollback to 1.3.255 please, battery barely lasts the day. TIA
  • Mack_01Mack_01 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    @lampard

Hi mate. Can you fix me up with the rollback to 1.3.255 too, please.

Thanks
    @Mack_01 This can be the case of depleted battery and we've seen that rolling back to version 1.3.255 helped some of the users. Please note that you'll loose the latest features like Personalized Workouts, Fitness Age, Control of syncing and alerts when on 1.3.255. I've now put you on old version 1.3.255, please make a factory reset on you watch and it will be offered to you in Sports Connect. See if this improves the situation!

Cheers, lampard
  • cameliaRojascameliaRojas Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    @lampard

Hi mate. Can you fix me up with the rollback to 1.3.255 too, please.

Thanks
    edited July 2
    @cameliaRojas Your situation is same as 'Mack_01' above and it may be a depleted battery on the watch. Please make a factory reset using Sports Connect and version 1.3.255 will be offered to you. Give it test run and see if it helps!

Cheers, lampard
  • cameliaRojascameliaRojas Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    @lampard Hi, thanks for the answer, i just did but the 1.7 version downloaded automatically, there is any other step that i may be missing???
    @cameliaRojas I can see that your watch has the 1.3.255 version installed on it. Can you please confirm this otherwise just a factory reset using Sports Connect will do the trick?

Cheers, lampard
  • sandratafulo_76sandratafulo_76 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I have a TomTom Spark 3 since 2016 and suddenly the battery does last any time. After charging the battery goes down instantly.
    I already performed the factory reset, the version is 1.7.64. Please link me to the previous version until you can push a more responsible and reliable update. Thanks.
  • CarlospacoCarlospaco Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Hey, i also want a rolback. When i try a reset , it does not offers me version 1.3.255 on sportconnect. Please need some help
    Thanks
  • AnfieldArmy89AnfieldArmy89 Posts: 1 [Novice Seeker]
    Hi. I have a TomTom Spark FIT for almost 2 years now. Since the last update, the battery lasts for a couple hours only. The version that I have is 1.7.64. Please link me to the previous version