Software version Rollback requests | Battery issues | Runner & Spark watch series - Page 95 — TomTom Community

Software version Rollback requests | Battery issues | Runner & Spark watch series

Comments

• lampardlampard Posts: 4,305 TomTom Moderator
    @gufrison @Slawomirgulczynski The watch linked to your account is two plus years old so this might be the case of depleted battery and rolling back to version version won't help in this case. But make a factory reset on you watch and the version 1.3.255 will be offered to you in Sports Connect. Please note that you'll loose the latest features like Personalized Workouts, Fitness Age, Control of syncing and alerts. See if this improves the situation!

@wilsonwong86 Can you first try the Factory reset in recovery mode on your watch and give it a test run to see if it helps? If still no joy, please get in touch with our support via Chat/Email. You can click on 'Contact Us' option at the bottom of this page to do so.

Regards, lampard
  • wilsonwong86wilsonwong86 Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    lampard wrote: »

@wilsonwong86 Can you first try the Factory reset in recovery mode on your watch and give it a test run to see if it helps? If still no joy, please get in touch with our support via Chat/Email. You can click on 'Contact Us' option at the bottom of this page to do so.

Regards, lampard

I have already tried the factory reset in recovery mode several times with no improvement. Sent an e-mail to support yesterday but have yet to hear back.

• SlawomirgulczynskiSlawomirgulczynski Posts: 4 [Apprentice Seeker]
    @lampart
    Unfortunately rolling back to version 1.3.255 did'n help but what I noted, is limited battery capacity. A month ago the time of loading the battery took more than 2 hours and now 0,5h is enough. Is it a sign of depleted battery? If yes, how may I change the battery?
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 15,813 Superusers
    @lampart
    Unfortunately rolling back to version 1.3.255 did'n help but what I noted, is limited battery capacity. A month ago the time of loading the battery took more than 2 hours and now 0,5h is enough. Is it a sign of depleted battery? If yes, how may I change the battery?

You cannot change the battery through TT, they do not offer a repair or replacement service. You can open the watch, figure out what kind of battery it is and buy one and replace it yourself, but that is your only option. You may be better off investing in a watch from a new brand (TT went out of the watch business 18 months ago)
  • AlinaZAlinaZ Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    Hi, would it be possible to roll back my watch firmware please? I bought the TomTom Runner 3 with version 1.6.26 and I was very pleased with it. After the repair without any permission from my side the software version was updated to 1.7.62 which made my watch pretty useless. The only option was to go back to 1.3.255 and that version is 'poorer' than 1.6.26. Why the version 1.6.26 is not available for me when nobody asked my permission to remove it from my watch?
  • Michael DonaldMichael Donald Posts: 7 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Overnight Battery Discharge (about 20%) on TomTom Spark 3 Cardio + MUSIC - why is this???

I charged my device late yesterday for an early AM run today. When I checked ABOUT status it showed the battery at about 20% less than fully charged. I use my device 1-2x's a week and my device is 1-1/2 years old.

Why did the battery discharge overnight?
    To the Moderator - This is a request for additional support on this issue. The requested support is to restore my TomTom Spark 3 firmware version to 1.3.255

Posting from 3/17/2019 (potfarabaugh above) diagnosed the problem. I performed the discharge and factory reset. Discharge problem still happening.

I'd appreciate restoration to firmware version to 1.3.255
    Thank You!!!!!
    Hi @Michael Donald

I would suggest to make a factory reset on your watch first using the Sports Connect. Once this is done, please switch the automatic syncing off ( SETTINGS > PHONE > MANAGE > SYNCING) and make sure the night mode is disabled (Check SETTINGS > OPTIONS > NIGHT).

Please give it a test run and See if this improves the battery life on your watch otherwise I can put you on old version 1.3.255.

Cheers, lampard
    I already performed a factory reset. Battery is still discharging rapidly.
    Hi @Michael Donald

Please make a factory reset on you watch and the version 1.3.255 will be offered to you in Sports Connect. Please note that you'll loose the latest features like Personalized Workouts, Fitness Age, Control of syncing and alerts. See if this improves the situation!

Cheers, lampard
  • CHR57CHR57 Posts: 5 [Master Traveler]
    Please reset mine to 1.3.255.

(Strange that TOMTOM releases an update that makes the device so faulty and then decides to not fix it. That will give the TOMTOM name a week choice in future.)
  • mkndluvditmkndluvdit Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    Hi I recently starting using my watch again after it sitting idle for a while and battery is horrid. Could I get my software backdated to 1.3.225 please. I'd rather have the battery life then the latest features. Thanks
  • arvagarvag Posts: 3 [New Traveler]
    Hey guys.. I have a runner 2 cardio + music. Some time ago I had to reset it and go back to version version 1.3.250 as it was not syncing with my phone properly anymore. Now, I'd like to update it to the latest version, but I don't seem to find how to do that exactly. Any tips as to how to update it?

Thanks!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 [New Seeker]
    Hello @lampard

Please can I get rolled back to 1.3.255. I did a factory reset on Saturday and then charged it 100%, turned buzzer off, night mode off and I only sync with the PC, never with the phone.

I just used the watch for activity tracking for the remainder Saturday as well as Sunday and now the battery is too low to do an activity this morning. I have tried every suggestion and nothing worked. My only hope is that rolling back the firmware will help.

I would appreciate your assistance on this.

Best regards,
    Griff3nZA
    @CHR57 @mkndluvdit @Griff3nZA This can be the case of depleted battery and rolling back to version version won't help if that's the case as watch linked to your account is two plus years old. But make a factory reset on you watch and the version 1.3.255 will be offered to you in Sports Connect. Please note that you'll loose the latest features like Personalized Workouts, Fitness Age, Control of syncing and alerts. See if this improves the situation!

@arvag Done! The version 1.7.64 will be offered to you in Sports Connect to download when you connect your watch.

Thanks, lampard
  • arvagarvag Posts: 3 [New Traveler]

@arvag Done! The version 1.7.64 will be offered to you in Sports Connect to download when you connect your watch.

Thank you! I wanted access to the Fitness Age and Personalized workout stuff. However, does this version still have the battery drain issues? If so, then it's not worth the risk.
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 15,813 Superusers
    arvag wrote: »

Thank you! I wanted access to the Fitness Age and Personalized workout stuff. However, does this version still have the battery drain issues? If so, then it's not worth the risk.

This version has the potential for battery drain issues, it doesn't do it for everyone however. The Fitness Age and other stuff is not worth the risk in my opinion.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 [New Seeker]
    @CHR57 @mkndluvdit @Griff3nZA This can be the case of depleted battery and rolling back to version version won't help if that's the case as watch linked to your account is two plus years old. But make a factory reset on you watch and the version 1.3.255 will be offered to you in Sports Connect. Please note that you'll loose the latest features like Personalized Workouts, Fitness Age, Control of syncing and alerts. See if this improves the situation!

Thanks, lampard

Hi @lampard,

I am not sure if I am doing something wrong, I have factory reset the device twice now and still no option to roll back the firmware. When does the option appear?

Please advise.

Regards,
    Griff3nZA
    Hi @Griff3nZA

Can you please try again to reset? It should offer the version 1.3.255.

Thanks, lampard
  • JCL123JCL123 Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    @lampard, please could you roll my watch back to the working firmware - it's a Spark 3. I can't sync via either phone or computer. Many thanks.
    Who can assist me roll back the firmware version to 1.3.255 on my TomTom Spark 3 Cardio + MUSIC?

My battery is discharging too rapidly. The earlier firmware reduces the discharge rate. I already tried a 'factory reset' but there's no effect.
  • Sighthound82Sighthound82 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    @lampard, I would also like to ask you for roll my watch to working firmware - actual one is draining the battery (from 3-4 days to less than 1 overnight). I did the factory reset and the only thing that happened was that I am not able to sync my watches with the phone anymore. Thanks
    The response does not answer the question. I'm seeking the person who can make the rollback. I have attempted this myself and I cannot perform this task.

Response (just previously) has a link to the discussion for the same question posted earlier by another forum member.

The forum member's earlier question never obtained an answer to the question.
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 3,322 Superuser
    edited April 5
    Hi @Michael Donald

The person who responded to you before in the other topic @lampard offered you the backdate on 25th March but you did not advise him it did not work.

Doug.

Hi Doug-
    I previously communicated to @lampard earlier in the forum a couple of weeks earlier about this issue. He identified tasks for me to perform and I relayed back my results. He concluded the need for reverting the firmware version back to 1.3.255

He stated another forum member would assist but didn't state who could assist with reverting the firmware version back to 1.3.255.

Thanks for the concern,