Software version Rollback requests | Battery issues | Runner & Spark watch series - Page 87 — TomTom Community

Software version Rollback requests | Battery issues | Runner & Spark watch series

Comments

• JapseJapse Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Can you please give me a rollback too? Did the factory reset, but it's still empty after a few days.

Thanks!
  • WuNgUnWuNgUn Posts: 15 [Apprentice Traveler]
    So Left it overnight, and this morning it showed less than 25% battery...
    But when I plugged it in, the software said over 50% remaining....
    Doing another reset.
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 12,678 Moderator
    Hi @Japse

Version 1.3.255 should be available for download after a factory reset.

@WnNgUn

I see that your watch is on v1.3.255, and if its still having battery issues then it could be because of an actual battery problem.

Regards
    Vikram :)
    VikramK wrote:
    @WnNgUn

I see that your watch is on v1.3.255, and if its still having battery issues then it could be because of an actual battery problem.

Regards

If thats the case, then the firmware it was running ruined it!
    Not impressed....
    Did another reset...left it plugged in to charge. The charger "circle" on the app went "full" but still says charging...as does the icon on the watch...for almost 2 hours now.
    Maybe previous firmware wasnt allowing full charging but watch showed full?
  • lampardlampard Posts: 5,597 Moderator
    Hi WuNgUn,

As Vikram mentioned above, this seems to be a hardware fault with the watch. it's best to get in touch with our customer support and they'll be able to rectify this. You can click on the 'Contact Us' option at the bottom of this page to Phone/Email them.

Cheers, lampard
    lampard wrote:
    Hi WuNgUn,

As Vikram mentioned above, this seems to be a hardware fault with the watch. it's best to get in touch with our customer support and they'll be able to rectify this. You can click on the 'Contact Us' option at the bottom of this page to Phone/Email them.

Cheers, lampard
    Sent an email to support....thanks
    Can you do something about this site thinking im french canadian....im english canadian. and i can not change my country from UK....? Thanks
  • JapseJapse Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    VikramK wrote:
    Hi @Japse

Version 1.3.255 should be available for download after a factory reset.

@WnNgUn

Regards
    Thanks!
  • Nino_ZNino_Z Posts: 8 [Master Explorer]
    Hello,

since the last update (or perhaps even the one before) my battery life has been next to none. The Watch used to hold a week with one use of GPS per Week, currently it has to be charged almost every day, at best every 2 days. Is there a way to roll back to a previous firmware which did not cause this issue? Also - my wife has the same watch on the same firmware and is experiencing the same problem. So we have 2 products with identical issues and would like it fixed.

Thank you.

Our current firmware is 1.7.64
    TomTom Runner 3 with Heartrate Monitor and Mp3 BT Connectivity
  • PucasmanPucasman Posts: 11 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hello, i have a tomtom spark music with version 1.7.64, i´m can not connect the watch to my android 7.0 phone, it does not appear where to put the pin.
    I try everything that a read in this forum.
    Can you Rollback to version 1.3.255?
    @WuNgUn I checked the details and found that your account is registered in UK. Customer support can fix this for you so just send them an update on the email you sent.

@Nino_Z @Pucasman At first, please make a factory reset on your watch and see if it's improves the situation after that. Let me know how it goes!

Cheers, lampard
    @lampard a made the factory reset that you said, the watch show a pin but in the phone I don't have were to put the pin.
    @lampard My wife reset it last night and charged it after, now it's at 50% already. So it didn't work for her. Mine is at about 80%, so it's hard to say still. In her case it definitely didn't work. So what's the next step? How do we roll back the update for her?
  • pmcopmco Posts: 18 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    Hi! When is an update that solves battery problems and has all the features available??
    @lampard Sadly, I checked my watch and the problem is the same with it. So the reset did not help me or my wife. How do we rollback the firmware?
    @lampard can you Rollback my watch firmware?
    Thanks
  • RSA_SaffaRSA_Saffa Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    lampard wrote:
    @kurau15s At first, please make a factory reset on your watch and see if it's improves teh situation after that. Let me know how it goes!

Steve ingledew I've now put you on the version 1.3.255, please make a factory reset again and the update will be offered to you in Sports Connect software.

Cheers, lampard

Hi @lampard Is it possible you are able to do the same for me? Currently I charge my watch, it never completely charges, it says 100% on the watch but then drops to 80 within minutes and as soon as I start an activity the watch just dies. The device is basically useless at present. I have logged an Incident (181002-000402) as well.

Please can you help!
  • RSA_SaffaRSA_Saffa Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Pucasman wrote:
    @lampard a made the factory reset that you said, the watch show a pin but in the phone I don't have were to put the pin.

I had the same issue after update. I had to manually unpair my device out of my phones paired Bluetooth devices. Once I removed it out of my phones known bluetooth devices, I could then re-pair my watch as per the manual. I'm running iOS 12 at present.
  • jon mcjon mc Posts: 1 [Novice Seeker]
    Following the recent software update my battery life goes from fully charged to completely drained after 1.5hrs cycling. Before this update it would last days. My watch is just over 2 years old and I have been advised by a tomtom representative through webchat that I will have to pay 92euro to sort this out and this is a known problem for a number of runner 2 watches. I'm furious as I've not had any problem prior to this update and surely a software patch could be released to accommodate the affected users and I would have thought testing would have been carried out prior to release? Basically what i'm asking is there anyone out there with similar issues who have raised this with tomtom and have received a more favourable outcome as I feel i've been fobbed off. Also has anyone found a workaround for this problem as I was advised to use an old version but I do find fitness points useful and these are not available on older versions.

Many thanks
  • luckalucka Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi @lampard
    My Spark3 runner watch has the battery issue described in this thread. I have run the factory reset twice, but with no result. Watches were working fine around June 2018, but then it suddenly started to loose charge almost immediately no matter how many times/how long i leave it on charge.
    Could you please try to rollback the software on my watch? I would like to try the same option others were describing in this thread.

Thank you
    @rsa_saffa is the first time that I try connect the watch to the phone, I never syn with a phone
  • CKECKE Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    lampard wrote:
    @CKE Please make a factory reset on your watch using the Sports Connect software and the old update 1.3.255 will be offered to you for download.

Cheers, lampard
    So this didn't work unfortunately and the watch is now even worse then before. If I charge it on the wall socket or laptop it will say it's full. When I detach the watch and start browsing to the "settings" tab and then click "about" the battery indicator will be dropped to 50% or lower and when I then click on an exercise like "run" and it starts searching for a gps signal it just dies immediately. No warning, no battery empty indicator, nothing. Just an blank screen. So that watch is worthless now.

Moving on. (because i have no hope this will be solved)

I borrowed a Spark 3 watch from a friend who practically never used it and is still in mint condition. It's still on software version 1.3.162. The problem is that his "quickgps" hasn't been updated and indicates (pc screen with downwards arrow on it) it needs to be. I can remember with my old watch that after a while it will not get a gps signal without updating quickgps.

And herein lies the problem. I don't want to connect the watch with my laptop because it will get the update to 1.3.255 (and I just don't trust any updates anymore from TT). The watch is working and don't want an update to screw it up.

Is it possible that the update that will be pushed to my watch will be 1.3.162 (so my watch software won't update), but the "quickgps" part will still be refreshed/updated so it will change to a "v" on my watch instead of "pc screen with downwards arrow on it"?
    @Pucasman The old version 1.3.255 rollback only helps in case there's a battery issue with the watch.I would advise you to start from the scratch and reset the connections by removing the existing Bluetooth connections from your smartphone, see here: Android/iOS

@Nino_Z Sorry to hear that! I've now pout you on the version 1.3.255, please make a factory reset again and the update will be offered to you in Sports Connect. Also, you can PM me the email address of your wife to which the watch is linked and I'll make the changes there.

@RSA_Saffa You're already on the old version 1.3.255!

@jon mc At first, please make a factory reset on your watch to see if it improves the situation. Otherwise, I can put you on the old version 1.3.255.

@lucka If you make a factory reset on your watch, the version 1.3.255 will be offered to you in Sports Connect.

@CKE We only have the old version 1.3.255 available for rollback. I can see that you've the latest version installed on your watch and hence, I removed you from old version so that you won't get the 1.3.255 update in Sports Connect next time.

Cheers, lampard
  • taekimontaekimon Posts: 6 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi @lampard I actually PMed you,
    My Tomtom Spark Cardio + Music is also facing battery issues after the 1.7.64 update. I have some questions.
    1. What functions do we lose if we roll back to the 1.3.255 firmware?
    2. Will a factory reset roll back to 1.3.255 or do I have to inform you so that the roll back download is done from your end?
    3. Is Tomtom still going to release new updates to fix this battery issue? Are the latest updates (after September 2017) really the cause of the battery issues?
  • roboskiproboskip Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi @lampardMy runner3 watch has the battery issue described in this thread. I have run the factory reset twice, but with no improvement. The battery lasts about 2 hours of GPS, which means I can't get through a long ride. Can my watch be rolled back to a stable version? Infact why do I even need to post on a forum to do this? Surely a factory reset should rollback to the factory software version???
    Martin
This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online in this Category0