Software version Rollback requests | Battery issues | Runner & Spark watch series - Page 86 — TomTom Community

Software version Rollback requests | Battery issues | Runner & Spark watch series

Comments

• lampardlampard Posts: 5,612 Moderator
    @CKE Please make a factory reset on your watch using the Sports Connect software and the old update 1.3.255 will be offered to you for download.

Cheers, lampard
  • thebarbelthebarbel Posts: 1 [Apprentice Seeker]
    @lampard please rollback my version.

Watch constantly fails to sync. (and the phone notifications has damaged the vibration mech - watch now rattles)

Disappointed as was a Christmas present from my wife (who loves her earlier TomTom runner watch)
  • runtotravelruntotravel Posts: 4 [Master Traveler]
    I rolled back my watch to 1.3.255 to try and solve my battery issue, but it has not done anything. I reset it several times as well. My watch still lasts a day so with all sensors turned off and no use of the GPS. My watch is only a year old and is essentially worthless. I can't use it for runs anymore, as the battery dies in less than an hour when using music and GPS at the same time.

Any other suggestions?
    @thebarbel First make a factory reset on you watch using the Sports Connect software. Once the reset is complete, follow the steps in the public FAQ here to troubleshoot the pairing issues by removing the existing Bluetooth connections from your smartphone: iOS

@runtotravel Please get in touch with our customer support to report this. You can click on 'Contact Us' option at the bottom of this page to Phone/Email them.

Regards, lampard
  • StevenS71StevenS71 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hi - my Tomtom Runner 3 is on firmware 1.7.64 and the battery is now terrible. Can anyone advise how I can request a downgrade to version 1.3.255 (for info I have tried to reset several times with no improvement in battery life) ? Many thanks.
  • DMPIDMPI Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    StevenS71 wrote:
    Hi - my Tomtom Runner 3 is on firmware 1.7.64 and the battery is now terrible. Can anyone advise how I can request a downgrade to version 1.3.255 (for info I have tried to reset several times with no improvement in battery life) ? Many thanks.

I have the same question and request...

Thought a factory reset would downgrade to 2015 software but it automatically upgrades to the latest when I connect to the laptop. Would prefer not to buy a new watch as I enjoy the swimming and HR features.
  • FfejFfej Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi all new to this, I to am suffering poor battery life, how do I request a roll back, I've tried a factory reset to no avail. only get a day out of my battery - have to charge it every night.
  • pmcopmco Posts: 18 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    Hi! When is an update that solves battery problems and has all the features available?
    @StevenS71 @DMPI @Ffej Please make a factory reset on your watch using the Sports Connect software and the old update 1.3.255 will be offered to you for download.

Cheers, lampard
  • kurau15skurau15s Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I am suffering from battery drain, it lasts only 3 days after full charge. Can I pls get a rollback of fw pls? Thanks.
    @kurau15s At first, please make a factory reset on your watch and see if it's improves teh situation after that. Let me know how it goes!

Steve ingledew I've now put you on the version 1.3.255, please make a factory reset again and the update will be offered to you in Sports Connect software.

Cheers, lampard
  • PakhmanPakhman Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hello, have battery issu too since updates, did a factory reset, no improvement, would need to get back to version 1.3.255 please. Thanks alot. Regards.
  • PossessivaPossessiva Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hello, have to same problem here since updates, factory reset done, nothing better, would also need to get back to 1.3.255. Regards.
  • AlbertDAlbertD Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Same problem, I've tried factory reset, and all off/on/sync/... combinations. Using 1.7.64, can you please rollback my spark3 firm to 1.3.255?

Thanks in advance
    @Pakhman @AlbertD If you now make a factory reset on your watch using the Sports Connect software and the old update 1.3.255 will be offered to you for download.

@Possessiva Can you please PM me the email address to which you've linked your watch and I'll have a look at it?

Cheers, lampard
  • WuNgUnWuNgUn Posts: 15 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I thought this thread said 'battery issues"?
    Not 1 comment on battery.....
    dataminor wrote:
    Hi Jürgen
    Can you restore the previous version on my watch as well please?
    Isaac
    Hi Isaac, It's been done.

Hi Jürgen.... Can you roll me back too please.
    Battery life is lousy...
    Also, when it's plugged in, it fully charges, then stops charging and starts draining. If I plug it in overnight and unplug it to go for a run the next day, the battery is showing like 1/3 or less!
    WuNgUn wrote:
    I thought this thread said 'battery issues"?
    Not 1 comment on battery.....
    My bad... Ignore comment.
  • DMPIDMPI Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    lampard wrote:
    @StevenS71 @DMPI @Ffej Please make a factory reset on your watch using the Sports Connect software and the old update 1.3.255 will be offered to you for download.

Cheers, lampard

Accomplished the factory rest multiple times; however, it still drains within minutes of unplugging from the charger.
    @lampard
    Can you please link my account with the old firmware too....
    Thanks
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 12,721 Moderator
    @DMPI, if the battery is still giving problems after a roll back then probably its not because of the application. I would advise that you report it to the customer service.

@WuNgUn

You should be offered the older version of software after a factory reset.
  • RoutineRoutine Posts: 1 [Apprentice Seeker]
    I updated my watch to the latest firmware at the first use. It lasts only 3 days after a full charge with one 10km running workout. If the version downgrade solves this problem, please roll-back my firmware to the last stable version.

Thanks!
    VikramK wrote:
    @DMPI, if the battery is still giving problems after a roll back then probably its not because of the application. I would advise that you report it to the customer service.

@WuNgUn

You should be offered the older version of software after a factory reset

Did a factory reset.... Still showing 1. 7. 64
    WuNgUn wrote:
    VikramK wrote:

@WuNgUn

You should be offered the older version of software after a factory reset
    Did a factory reset.... Still showing 1. 7. 64
    Got it flashed back to 1.3.255...
    Charged it up... 5 hrs later, battery at 50% This is with it in my locker at work for the last 4 hrs.
    Heart rate and all trackers off.
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 12,721 Moderator
    @Routine

Just factory reset your watch and the previous version of software v1.3.255 should be offered for download.
This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online in this Category0