Software version Rollback requests | Battery issues | Runner & Spark watch series - Page 84 — TomTom Community

Software version Rollback requests | Battery issues | Runner & Spark watch series

Comments

• eddypauwelseddypauwels Posts: 5 [Master Traveler]
    Hi, can you please help revert my firmware software back to version 1.3.255?
    Sinc I updated to 1.7.64 my Runner 2 watch is without battey after 5-7 hours... before that is was 4-6 days!!

thanks
    Eddy
    @lampard , did you reset mine to 1.3.255 too? I cannot see it yet.
  • bobby2bobby2 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi, same battery life issues as others. Can you please rollback my Tomtom runner 3 to version 1.3.255 and i'll do a factory reset and select it.
  • bobby2bobby2 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Let me know if you need my HRx...x serial number. Presume from my account name you already have the ability to get me the rollback to version 1.3.255
  • lampardlampard Posts: 4,313 TomTom Moderator
    @Rofas After the reset completes, Sports Connect asks you to register the watch with your email address.Then, it should offer you the version 1.3255

@matalena Factory reset will not remove any activities from your account as it just clears out activities and settings from the watch. If you now make a reset on your watch, the version 1.3.255 will be offered to you in Sports Connect.

@Rnogueiro Do you mean the connections issues with the App or Sports Connect software? The version 1.3.255 is only for the watches having battery drain with 1.7.64

@eddypauwels @tosaithe @Ro72 @Captainn @chancsk @bobby2 I've now put you on the firmware version 1.3.255 , please make a factory reset again and the update will be offered to you in Sports Connect software.

@Yakifp Only version 1.3.255 available for rollback and it doesn't have the Phone notifications feature. Please ensure that you have given the Sports App full permissions to your Contacts Address book, Phone calls, Phone text. Have you tried re-installing the App?

Cheers, lampard
  • RnogueiroRnogueiro Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    @lampard my watch have a lot I problems connecting to the phone. Is impossible to be 1hour connected to phone and receive the notifications in the watch. I have tried everything, past few minutes the Bluetooth connections disappear or sometime is connected but nothing happens.
    What I want is a version that put that connections more stable, I hear about this Bluetooth connections problems with mobile phones a long time ago since this new version and Tom Tom don't do nothing about that.

My battery without use the watch to run or something like that, have 2 or 3 days of life I think.
  • Ro72Ro72 Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Thanks @lampard I’ll try that in a moment. Hope this works as I fully charged the watch this morning, checked the battery status 2 minutes later and it shows about 1/8th battery charge. Can’t even charge the watch and use it for a single run at the moment.
  • matalenamatalena Posts: 12 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thanks @lampard, I have successfully done the factory reset, hope the battery will last longer now!
    Cheers, Giovanna
    @lamperd, it worked!! thanks a lot. fingers crossed now my battery issue is gone... finally...
    thanks!!
  • TomaszTTomaszT Posts: 15 [Master Traveler]
    Have same problem with battery. I just make factory reset but my watch is still on 1.7.64 version... can u help me?
    @lampard , battery is fully loaded now. What I do notice is that before the last firmware upgrade, when I disconnect the cable, the watch returned to clock. Since the last update, and even now with the revert back, when I disconnect, the full battery symbol remains visible, no longer reverting back to the clock. when you reconnect the cable, until the screen refreshes, then the clock does show... this is different than before. just to let you know and share in this community. I will keep you posted on battery life now back on 1.3.255...
    cheers
    Eddy
  • lyns76lyns76 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    This battery issue is affecting my watch and has been for a while now, but its getting ridiculous. This morning took it off the charger, drove to the gym and 1 minute into a workout dead. Done the reset but no option to roll back the software. Can I please get this option made available. Thanks
    @TomaszT @lyns76 If you now perform the factory reset on the watch, the version 1.3.255 will be offered in Sports Connect to download.

@rgec58 I would advise you to make a factory reset on your watch and check if it helps. Otherwise, I can put you on the old version 1.3.255.

Cheers, lampard
  • rgec58rgec58 Posts: 6 [Apprentice Seeker]
    I had this done once before
  • TomCernyTomCerny Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    @lampard: I have the same issue with battery drain on my Tomtom Runner 3.
    Can you please set me to be able to downgrade to prior version 1.3.255. I'll do a factory reset and select this version for downgrade then.
  • GreenAlienGreenAlien Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I have the same issue with battery drain on my Runner 2. Now version is 1.7.64. I tried factory reset but nothing changed. How can I resolve this problem?
  • BesteverhelmetBesteverhelmet Posts: 6 [Master Explorer]
    I have only had the latest update (1.7.64) on my Runner 2 for a few weeks, it doesn’t matter if I charge my watch for one hour or 18 hours, it initially shows a full charge but within minutes it goes down to 50% and then minutes later down to virtually nothing making it impossible for me to do any workout. The watch only lasts perhaps 12 or 13 hours on standby (as a watch I mean, no workouts). I’ve tried resetting the watch and I’ve deleted all the data off it.
    i initially thought it was the charger so I bought a new one but it still doesn’t charge to full. I have an “in line USB volt/amp tester” and when the watch battery is flat I’m seeing a 0.17 amp charge go into the watch which after 10 mins has gone right down to 0.01 amp. It stays at this for the rest of the charging. I’ve even tried scouring the Internet for a battery but there doesn’t seem to be any tom-tom watch specific batteries for sale and I don’t want to put in the wrong one, Plus, I’m not keen on voiding my warranty.
    i think a Roll-Back to 1.3.255 is my only option now. How do I go about this?3ce17168-c004-4bbc-9590-83e9ac320291.jpg
    @rgec58 @TomCerny @GreenAlien @Besteverhelmet Please perform a factory reset on the watch, the version 1.3.255 will be offered in Sports Connect to download.

Cheers, lampard
  • Ro72Ro72 Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Hi @lampard
    ive done factory reset and I’ve rolled back to the earlier version but the battery is still no better. After fully charging it immediately shows half charged. On standby with no activities lasts about 12 hours and for any activity shuts down after about 20 minutes.

This is means the watch is no good for any activities.

Is is this just the battery dead after 2 years? Or a firmware/software problem? I’d hope the battery would last longer given the cost and the much better performance of other gps watches.
    Hi Ro72,

Please get in touch with our support and they'll be able to identify if it's the battery issue on your watch. You can click on 'Contact Us' option at the bottom of this page to Phone/Email them.

Regards, lampard
  • TomaszTTomaszT Posts: 15 [Master Traveler]
    Hi @lampard ive done reset like @Ro72 (back to 1.3.255) In standby mode my watch without using any activity is still only 1 day (22H)

Is there any other version of 1.3.255 software?
  • karinmeesterskarinmeesters Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I have the same problem, since the installation of version 1.7.53 does not connect to the application. Can you connect to version 1.3.255, please?
    @TomaszT No, only the one which is installed on your watch right now. It's best to check with our customer support to investigate this further.

@karinmeesters I've put you on the version 1.3.255 for the battery issue you're facing. Please make a factory reset on the watch, the old version will be offered in Sports Connect to download.

Cheers, lampard
  • GreenAlienGreenAlien Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi, @lampard.
    Ive done factory reset for my watch. Now version is 1.3.255. But battery is still not better. Everything as Ro72 wrote.
    Ro72 wrote:
    After fully charging it immediately shows half charged. On standby with no activities lasts about 12 hours and for any activity shuts down after about 20 minutes.
  • HordyHordy Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    My Runner 2 will not connect with my phone - it is getting stuck at PIN Entry stage (no pin entry option on phone) Can you downgrade to 1.3.255. it is linked to my email account. Thanks
  • HordyHordy Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Should add, I have tried every other option - factory resets etc