Software version Rollback requests | Battery issues | Runner & Spark watch series - Page 83 — TomTom Community

Software version Rollback requests | Battery issues | Runner & Spark watch series

Comments

• SneipSneip Posts: 6 [Master Explorer]
    Hi, I was here around 1500 post, after switching between one firmware to another I had enough and I bought Garmin. All I can say is that now I can worry only about my workout result and not if my watch will switch off due to battery issue. I'm not saying "buy Garmin" but just that you will feel huge relief when you won't have to think "will it make entire day without charging/freezing".
    Everbody - have a great day.
  • runtotravelruntotravel Posts: 4 [Master Traveler]
    I have a Spark 3 with terrible battery drain issues. I did a factory reset yesterday, fully charged the watch, turned off all syncs and HR tracking and my watch is already almost dead.

Will you please roll me back to the version that fixes battery issues? Thanks!
  • FixertechFixertech Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi, i have a TOMTOM MULTI-SPORT CARDIO, but have a battery drain issue, it´s really bad, the watch can only be used for a couple of hours, can you help me to roll back the firmware please, i am on 1.8.52.

s/N : HExxxxGxxxxx

Thanks for your help!

Mod edit: Please do not post any personal information on a public forum!
  • lampardlampard Posts: 4,306 TomTom Moderator
    @Hawkegy @runtotravel Perform the factory reset on the watch, the version 1.3.255 will be offered in Sports Connect to download.

@Merendero It's best if you can contact our support and they'll be able to assist you further. You can click on 'Contact Us' option at the bottom of this page to Phone/Email them.

@Fixertech We can't revert back the firmware version for Runner & Multisport watches (1st Gen).

Cheers, lampard
  • BossworldBossworld Posts: 4 [Master Traveler]
    Hi. Have just reset my watch but it's updated it to the latest version. Can I please request for the lower version v1.3.255 to be made available to me?

Joe
  • zlnbudzlnbud Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi,

I also have a battery problem. It needs daily recharge... I did reset already, but nothing changed.
    Please allow me to downgrade v1.3.255.

Runner 2, 16 months old.

Regards,
    Zoli
    @Bossworld @zlnbud I've now put you on the version 1.3.255, please make a factory reset again and the update will be offered to you in Sports Connect software.

Cheers, lampard
  • Deianira1Deianira1 Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Deianira1 wrote:
    @lampard - Thank you for the rollback! I will post if it works. Sorry to see TomTom has exited the wearables market. I love my Spark3!

The rollback does not seem to have changed the performance of the battery life of my watch. It is almost 2 years old, so maybe its just normal battery degradation. Haven't tried running the battery all the way out.

Thanks for trying!
  • hypnososhypnosos Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi,

I am facing with the same Battery issues as a lot of members here. Can you plese let me donwgrade the latest firmware.

Thanks
  • heat_koheat_ko Posts: 5 [Master Explorer]
    Please let me upgrade to 1.6.26

thx
    @hypnosos Have you tried a factory reset on your watch? If it doesn't help, I'll put you on the version 1.3.255.

@heat_ko Unfortunately, there's only 1.3.255 version available now for the rollback.

Cheers, lampard
  • hypnososhypnosos Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    @lampard yes, now I have the version 1.3.255. Hope it will be better now.
    Thanks
  • broncosaurusbroncosaurus Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Julio Mano wrote:
    lampard wrote:
    @Komakino @Phillgriff I've now put you on the version 1.3.255, please make a factory reset again and the update will be offered to you in Sports Connect software.

@aspi5762 Can you please PM me the email address to which you've linked your watch and I'll have a look at it?

@Julio Mano I would advise you to follow the steps in the public FAQ here to troubleshoot the pairing issues by removing the existing Bluetooth connections from your smartphone: Android/iOS@barerun It's best if you can contact our support and they'll be able to assist you further. You can click on 'Contact Us' option at the bottom of this page to Phone/Email them.

Cheers, lampard
    Thanks but I have tried that with no sucess. I believe there is un incompatibility with TomTom firmware 1,7,64 and Miui 9 or 10 xiaomi redmi note 4x because I was able to pair with an old Motorola xt1032 with bluetooth 4.0. The only solution left is to try the 1.3.255 firmware.
    Did you get this fixed? I was having an issue like this for weeks and today was able to fix it. Here's what I did:
    1) My watch was still showing up as a bluetooth device on my old phone, so I went into the bluetooth setting on the old phone and clicked on "Forget this device".
    2) The PIN kept flashing up for a fraction of a second and then disappearing. I realized that if I trigger pairing on my watch first (before opening the app on my phone) and then open the app, the pairing worked great.

Let me know if this works for you, because I'm curious if this is an actual fix or if I just got lucky.
  • RofasRofas Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    @lampard Can you please set me up so that i can downgrade my watch? I have performed a factory reset to my watch (runner 3) but it still on version 1.7.64.

Thanks in advance.

Regards
    @Rofas Perform a factory reset on your watch and the version 1.3.255 will be offered in Sports Connect to download.

Cheers, lampard
  • RofasRofas Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    @lampard thank you for your answer but i cannot see where, in Sports Connected, is that versions offered.

When I connect my wathc to my computer and open the application, ther is only the "Reset" button available. When I press it, it starts resetting my watch and by the time it is finished, my watch has again, version 1.7.64.

Is ther other way to reset the watch?

Thanks in advance.
  • matalenamatalena Posts: 12 [Apprentice Traveler]
    @lampard please can you set me up so that i can downgrade my watch? I had opportunity to do more testing and the battery depleted within 8 hours of hiking, I'd rather loose the fitness age, the automatic pausing during activities and the Personalised Workouts rather than seeing my tomtom runner 3 decharged after a few hours. At least I will try. Can you please confirm that all my activities saved on my accunt wont be lost? Thanks...
  • eddypauwelseddypauwels Posts: 5 [Master Traveler]
    Hi, can you please help revert my firmware software back to version 1.3.255?
    Sinc I updated to 1.7.64 my Runner 2 watch is without battey after 5-7 hours... before that is was 4-6 days!!

thanks
    Eddy
  • tosaithetosaithe Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    Hello, my spark 3 cardio autoupdate to latest 1.7.64. It's sadly, becouse her eat barrery. Can i downlowngrade to my 1.3.255.

Best regards.
  • Ro72Ro72 Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Hi
    i have a runner 2 that now has no battery life. When fully charged it only lasts for about 12k with gps and hrm. Then shuts down.

When disconnected from charger after fully charging it only displays as half charged. Then lasts a day max without any activity.

This is is really frustrating. Can I try the rollback to firmware v1.3.255 to see if this helps? Or any other suggestions. It’s not really fit for purpose like this.
  • CaptainnCaptainn Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    please can you roll my firmware back to 1.3.255
    Thx Captainn
  • RnogueiroRnogueiro Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    @lampard my Runner 3 have the version 1.7.64 and a lot of connection problems is possible to return to the version 1.3.255, I hear that have more connection stability even if don’t have the age feature or the fitness points. I will try it and after that I will see.
    can you arrange it for me?
  • YakifpYakifp Posts: 4 [Neophyte Traveler]
    I need a rollback to a version where notifications work. Now Im in the version 1.7.64 and the watch only syncs if I do It manually. Automatic sync and notifications like calls dont work.
  • chancskchancsk Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Around 4 weeks ago I noticed there was significant battery drain on my TomTom Spark 3 cardio + music. I've switched off most things including the Heart Rate sensor, only leaving steps and sleep tracking, but with no activity and no music listening during the day the battery still did not last more than 30 hours. I remember just a couple of weeks ago it lasted more than a week before needing a charge. Having looked at the suggestions on this forum, I factory reset the watch a few times and the same problem persists. The firmware is currently on 1.7.64, can I please request rollback of the firmware to the previous version?
  • eddypauwelseddypauwels Posts: 5 [Master Traveler]
    Hi, can you please help revert my firmware software back to version 1.3.255?
    Sinc I updated to 1.7.64 my Runner 2 watch is without battey after 5-7 hours... before that is was 4-6 days!!

thanks
    Eddy