Software version Rollback requests | Battery issues | Runner & Spark watch series - Page 82 — TomTom Community

Software version Rollback requests | Battery issues | Runner & Spark watch series

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 15,814 Superusers
    m-app wrote:
    @lampard Could you please rollback my device as well. The battery drain is turning into a nuisance and happy to have found this thread. Perhaps you should update more users pro-actively?
    Before rolling back the software have you tried letting the battery drain completely and then doing a factory reset? This reportedly fixes the problem for most users.
  • m-appm-app Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    tfarabaugh wrote:
    m-app wrote:
    @lampard Could you please rollback my device as well. The battery drain is turning into a nuisance and happy to have found this thread. Perhaps you should update more users pro-actively?
    Before rolling back the software have you tried letting the battery drain completely and then doing a factory reset? This reportedly fixes the problem for most users.

Hi! Thanks for the reply.

Well, it was completely drained just now and then I factory reset it. Haven't tested it yet, but could let it sit for a while and see what happens when I go for my next run.

BTW, is there any drawback from the downgrade? I just want to get my tracking going again, and since I upload to Strava anyway, I don't care about missing functionalities in the TomTom Sport app for example.
  • lampardlampard Posts: 4,306 TomTom Moderator
    @m-app If you now perform the factory reset on the watch, the version 1.3.255 will be offered in Sports Connect to download.

@PepperDust Please get in touch with our customer supports and they'll be able to help you in this further. Also, we only have the version 1.3.255 available for rollback!

Cheers, lampard
  • ricshermanricsherman Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Hi,
    I am having similar problems to others since my Runner 3 was updated to the latest software.
    The screen malfunctions and blinks so I cannot see all the screen contents at any given time (difficult to explain succinctly).
    I have tried a factory reset having been unable to pair my bluetooth to my phone but this has not solved the problem.

Can you give me the option to rollback the software like everyone is asking? I currently have 1.7.64 on an iPhone 7. Or suggest something else in the forums that I might have missed?
    Thanks
    ricsherman wrote:
    Hi,
    I am having similar problems to others since my Runner 3 was updated to the latest software.
    The screen malfunctions and blinks so I cannot see all the screen contents at any given time (difficult to explain succinctly).
    I have tried a factory reset having been unable to pair my bluetooth to my phone but this has not solved the problem.

Can you give me the option to rollback the software like everyone is asking? I currently have 1.7.64 on an iPhone 7. Or suggest something else in the forums that I might have missed?
    Thanks
    @lampard
  • comms2daycomms2day Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I am having similar problems pairing my Spark 2 to Android can you roll me back?
  • comms2daycomms2day Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    comms2day wrote:
    I am having similar problems pairing my Spark 2 to Android can you roll me back?
    I'm on release 1.7.64
    @ricsherman @comms2day The software version 1.3.255 available for the rollback only in case there is a battery issue with the watch. I would advise you to follow the steps in the public FAQ here to troubleshoot the pairing issues by removing the existing Bluetooth connections from your smartphone: Android/iOS

Let us know how it goes!

Cheers, lampard
    @lampard

I have tried to remove the watch from Bluetooth and repair it as instructed but I still get this issue where I can't see the screen properly. I have attached 2 photos that hopefully explain what I mean.
    Let me know what else to suggest
    Rick

c4800a8f-c8f6-4f9e-b67d-f833b0d4fef1.png3ee0f9bc-7978-4644-9f79-eb7139256811.jpg
    Hi @ricsherman,

It looks like an issue with the screen, please get in touch with our support and they'll be able to assist you further in this case.

Cheers, lampard
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 15,814 Superusers
    ricsherman wrote:
    @lampard

I have tried to remove the watch from Bluetooth and repair it as instructed but I still get this issue where I can't see the screen properly. I have attached 2 photos that hopefully explain what I mean.
    Let me know what else to suggest
    Rick

This has nothing to do with the update which this thread is for. Your display has failed and you need to call Support if it is under warranty (if not, there is little that can be done besides replacing it).
  • John57.scJohn57.sc Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Spark 3 watch. About 6 months old. I started having problems with battery life around a week ago. Current software 1.7.64. I have done a factory reset - made no difference. Could you roll back to the appropriate software release to see if that fixes it?

Thanks.
    @John57.sc If you now perform the factory reset on the watch, the version 1.3.255 will be offered in Sports Connect to download.

Cheers, lampard
  • MerenderoMerendero Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    lampard wrote:
    @Merendero The version 1.3.255 will be offered to you in Sports Connect when you perform a factory reset on your watch.

Cheers, [email protected] The version 1.3.255 will be offered to you in Sports Connect when you perform a factory reset on your watch.

Cheers, lampard

I'm not experiencing improvements with the rollback, the battery still discharges very quicky. (And stops charging even if the battery is not fully charged). I'm going to test again fully discharging the battery and doing a factory reset. If it does not improve what step should I follow next? I would also like to have the last firmware version If it really does not affect the battery duration (the new versions have some features that I like to have)

Best regards and thank you very much for the help!

Manuel
  • ksimksim Posts: 9 [Apprentice Traveler]
    lampard wrote:
    @NVmfs @ksim I've now put you on the version 1.3.255 to get rid of the battery issue, please make a factory reset again and the update will be offered to you in Sports Connect software.

Cheers, lampard

The software is downgraded, but there is no difference in battery life.
    @Merendero Let us know how it goes!

@ksim Please contact our support and they'll be able to assist you further!

Cheers, lampard
  • Oscarama2Oscarama2 Posts: 5 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Edit: Comment deleted as problem solved
  • heat_koheat_ko Posts: 5 [Master Explorer]
    please can you roll my firmware back to 1.3.255
    thx
  • nmdrnmdr Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I have a runner 3 watch about 7 months old. I'm having problems with the battery, it discharges very quickly. I've already done a factory reset and made no difference. Can i get a rollback. Thank you.
  • davaljadavalja Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I have a Spark 3 Music on firmware 1.7.64 and would like to be rolled back to 1.3.255. My battery life is horrible and I've seen it suggested that this version will resolve my issue.

Thanks
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 8,227 TomTom Moderator
    Hi @heat_ko @nmdr @davalja

Connecting the watch to Sports Connect after a factory reset should offer you v1.3.255

Thanks
    Vikram :)
  • HawkegyHawkegy Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hello Guys I just got the Tomtom spark 2 days ago and from first time I charged battery to full 100 % then went to sleep woke up found it 40 % however I keept ( mobile sync off , night mode off ) and only HR on ,so if this battery drain is related to this issue of firmware could you please downgrade it to the correct safe version 1.3.255 ?
  • davaljadavalja Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    VikramK wrote:
    Hi @heat_ko @nmdr @davalja

Connecting the watch to Sports Connect after a factory reset should offer you v1.3.255

Thanks
    Vikram :)
    Thanks, that did it! Looking forward to seeing if this resolves my battery issues.
  • heat_koheat_ko Posts: 5 [Master Explorer]
    Thank You for help Vikram.

TomTom Sports Connect app should give possibility to choose software version to restore after reset button pressing. Maybe it's not so bad idea? For sure thanks to it moderators will be have more free time :)

See you!
  • MerenderoMerendero Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    lampard wrote:
    @Merendero Let us know how it goes!

@ksim Please contact our support and they'll be able to assist you further!

Cheers, lampard

Hi again Lampard,

Unfortunately I haven´t experienced improvements in the battery duration, so, at least I would preffer to have the last software version due to the new features.

Could you help me with this?

Thank you and best regards,

Manuel