Software version Rollback requests | Battery issues | Runner & Spark watch series - Page 80 — TomTom Community

Software version Rollback requests | Battery issues | Runner & Spark watch series

Comments

• wyrwannawyrwanna Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    @lampard can You downgrade my spark firmware to more battery efficient version? My spark dies after 4 hours of GPS without ohr,music and connection to phone and its like 1/3 of claimed battery life.
  • seos2kseos2k Posts: 7 [Legendary Explorer]
    Hello,
    can I be rolled back once again to 1.3.255. I suffer from the same battery drain in 1.7.64, my GPS ON time is about 2h, this could also be due to extensive watch usage, therefore I would like to test the older firmware once again.

Thanks for the support, Rudolf
  • lampardlampard Posts: 4,311 TomTom Moderator
    @wyrwanna @Senekal @seos2k If you now perform the factory reset on the watch, the version 1.3.255 will be offered in Sports Connect to download.

Cheers, lampard
  • SenekalSenekal Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Factory reset? Where is that?
  • SenekalSenekal Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Sorry I just figured it out.
    lampard wrote:
    @wyrwanna @Senekal @seos2k If you now perform the factory reset on the watch, the version 1.3.255 will be offered in Sports Connect to download.

Cheers, lampard

after factory reset and update i still have version 1.7.64.
    nvm i got 1.3.255
  • GeorgeTomGeorgeTom Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    I have a Spark, running 1.7.53 and it is having the battery problems described by many here. I cannot find anyway to update it to the 1.7.64 version. It is plugged into my laptop and MySportsConnect. How do I get the update?
    @matalena I've now put you on the firmware version 1.3.255 , please make a factory reset again and the update will be offered to you in Sports Connect software.

@GeorgeTom Can you please first update the watch software to the latest version 1.7.64 version by connecting your watch to the PC using Sports Connect? Give it a test run after it and see if the battery lasts longer, otherwise I'll revert the firmware version for your watch to the 1.3.255

Cheers, lampard
  • jctlmmjctlmm Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    The battery of my Spark watch is draining so quickly for the last couple of months or so that I need to recharge it every 2 days. Before I use to recharge it once a week. It is currently running 1.7.64 and I would like to try an earlier version if possible to fix this problem. Thank you!
  • clintstoneclintstone Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I am having the same battery drain issues after recently updating. Tried to do the factory reset but didn't realize I had to post here to get the earlier version. Could you make the version 1.3.255 available on mine.

Thanks
  • Izzy20001Izzy20001 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I have this exact problem. Started about 4 weeks ago. Wasn’t too much of a problem at first as when I plugged it in, it rebooted. Now it’s happening all the time and I can’t even record any sporting activity without it showing dead battery which stops the recording. Did anyone ever solve this problem? Only had this watch just over a year. Certainly will be buying Garmin next time.
  • alexr1alexr1 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Just loaded the new software 1.7.64 and still have the same pairing issue to my iphone 7 although you say it is resolved in the release notes, can you explain ?
    @jctlmm @clintstone @Izzy20001 I've now put you on the version 1.3.255 to get rid of the battery issue, please make a factory reset again and the update will be offered to you in Sports Connect software.

@alexr1 Can you please follow the steps in the public FAQ here to troubleshoot the pairing issues by removing the existing Bluetooth connections from your smartphone: iOS

Let us know the outcome!

Cheers, lampard
  • matalenamatalena Posts: 12 [Apprentice Traveler]
    lampard wrote:
    @matalena I've now put you on the firmware version 1.3.255 , please make a factory reset again and the update will be offered to you in Sports Connect software.

Cheers, lampard

Lampard I am sure you wante to help but I did not ask to go back with the firmware. Also my battery does not drain, it only indicated once that is was empty when it wasn't, so to me it does not seem the same problem other users are having. If I am wrong please explain. Plus I am not comfortable (I explained in my original post) with a factory reset: for once I do not understand what info I will lose, and second I will lose the Fitness age info right? Please let me know, thanks a lot!
    I just performed a factory reset on my Spark watch and it is ow running 1.3.255 as you said. I'll let you know if I keep seeing the battery drain issue or not. Thx!
  • Mark AllegrettiMark Allegretti Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I have been having issues with my Spark 3. Could you link my account to the previous build so when I factory reset the old build will be installed?
    @lampard unfortunately my watch keeps draining the battery. I fully charged it yesterday after the factory reset and it is now at 50% or less. Ideas?
    @matalena Sorry, I must've misread it. Yes, you'll loose the latest features like Fitness age and Phone notifications with 1.3.255 version. I've now put your account on 1.7.64 version.

@jctlmm Please contact our customer support and they'll be able to assist you further in this case. You can click 'Contact Us' option at the bottom of this page to Phone/Email them.

@Mark Allegretti Are you having the battery or pairing issue with you watch? We only have the software version 1.3.255 available now for the rollback in case there is a battery issue with the watch after trying a factory reset on the watch. Please follow the steps in the public FAQ here to troubleshoot the pairing issues by removing the existing Bluetooth connections from your smartphone: Android/iOS

Cheers, lampard
  • matalenamatalena Posts: 12 [Apprentice Traveler]
    lampard wrote:
    @matalena Sorry, I must've misread it. Yes, you'll loose the latest features like Fitness age and Phone notifications with 1.3.255 version. I've now put your account on 1.7.64 version.
    Cheers, lampard

Thanks a lot ;) At the moment I solved the issue charging the tomtom runner everyday, it has not happened anymore. It will be inconvenient next month when hiking/camping and having only solar chargers but we'll see ;)
  • NVmfsNVmfs Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hello all,

I am an owner of spark 3 and I am experiencing the same battery issue. Battery doesn't even last more than an hour. Could you please advise?

Many thanks,
    Nikos
  • ksimksim Posts: 9 [Apprentice Traveler]
    hello, i am having the same battery issue, ready to loose age, it always 20 anyway, and phone notifications until the issue is fixed, thank you
    @NVmfs @ksim I've now put you on the version 1.3.255 to get rid of the battery issue, please make a factory reset again and the update will be offered to you in Sports Connect software.

Cheers, lampard
  • barerunbarerun Posts: 17 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I was advised to visit this forum to get instructions how to downgrade adventurer os to 1.3.255. My problem is that battery is suddenly drained very fast (2 days) and doesn´t matter if device is used or not. Thank you all for answer.
    @barerun If you now perform the factory reset on the watch, the version 1.3.255 will be offered in Sports Connect to download.

Cheers, lampard