Software version Rollback requests | Battery issues | Runner & Spark watch series - Page 79 — TomTom Community

Software version Rollback requests | Battery issues | Runner & Spark watch series

Comments

• molineux1980molineux1980 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi,

I have a runner 2 bought second hand and this has been upgraded to 1.7.64.

However after this upgrade it now fails to sync with my LG G5. There were no issues up until this. I have a pin appear on the watch but there is nowhere to enter this on the app.

I have tried all the trouble shooting steps, forgetting with BT, deleting the app, and a factory reset using connect.

Is it possible to rollback to an earlier software version?

Many thanks
  • nunopires2001nunopires2001 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hello,

I also have the battery drain problem, with my Tom Tom Runner 3.
    Can you please provide the firmware downgrade possibility?

Thank you
  • DevangDevang Posts: 4 [Neophyte Traveler]
    lampard wrote:
    @CheeSengKui @Devang @tenbashi I've now put you on the version 1.3.255 to get rid of the battery issue, please make a factory reset again and the update will be offered to you in Sports Connect software.

Cheers, lampard
    Hi Lampard, the downgrade is not helping. Can you please change my setting to the latest version again?

Thanks again.
    Devang
  • DevangDevang Posts: 4 [Neophyte Traveler]
    tenbashi wrote:
    lampard wrote:
    @CheeSengKui @Devang @tenbashi I've now put you on the version 1.3.255 to get rid of the battery issue, please make a factory reset again and the update will be offered to you in Sports Connect software.

Cheers, lampard

Big thx.
    @lampard , the downgrade is not helping. Can you please change my setting to the latest version again?

Thanks again.
    Devang
  • lampardlampard Posts: 4,311 TomTom Moderator
    @Zsoka @nunopires2001 I've now put you on the version 1.3.255 to get rid of the battery issue, please make a factory reset again and the update will be offered to you in Sports Connect software.

@Lunaris247 This seems to be a known issue and I would advise you to get in touch with our support to get this reported. Please provide them with your Phone model and iOS version installed on it.

@ediblemanager Please contact our support and they'll be able to identify if its a battery fault with your watch.

@Devang Done! Please connect your watch to update it with 1.7.64 version.

Cheers, lampard
  • alexjhtanalexjhtan Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    Hi,

I am on 1.7.64 and my watch has been having battery drain as well as screen blanking at the same time. Not sure if this is due to the battery drain issue but it appears to have started since the last FW update. Can you please advise if there is a fix or if the FW needs to be downgraded?
  • samujisamuji Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi! could you add an option in the "free mode" of Spark3/Runner3 to change from 1 second to 2 second the satellite connection frequency? I think it would improve hours the battery and help the people who use the watch more than the 10 hours that lasts. It will be usefull for long trainings or hikes.
    Thanks a lot!
  • VrobyVroby Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Dear @lampard, I have the same battery issue, can you setup for my account the downgrade? My wife has a runner that i have just upgraded, if also on her sportwatch we notice the same battery drain issue how can we solve? it is not a proper behavior to ask to download the update on the device and then lay the blame on the user for faulty updates
  • ediblemanagerediblemanager Posts: 4 [Master Traveler]
    @lampard I've contacted support. Thanks for the work you're doing to help us out.
  • anikasendaianikasendai Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    @lampard I have the battery drain issue on 1.7.64 on my Runner 3.
    Could you put me on the rollback version?
    Thanks
  • Sergio MarquesSergio Marques Posts: 1 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Dear @lampard

Please downgrade firmware of my Tomtom watch to version 1.3.255. I have done a factory reset but I am still having the same battery issues as most users here.

Thank You.
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 15,818 Superusers
    samuji wrote:
    Hi! could you add an option in the "free mode" of Spark3/Runner3 to change from 1 second to 2 second the satellite connection frequency? I think it would improve hours the battery and help the people who use the watch more than the 10 hours that lasts. It will be usefull for long trainings or hikes.
    Thanks a lot!
    Since TT has left the wearables market all development besides bug fixes has stopped so this is not going to happen. You will need to switch to another brand if you want this.
    @alexjhtan @Vroby @anikasendai @Sergio Marques If you now perform the factory reset on the watch, the version 1.3.255 will be offered in Sports Connect to download.

Cheers, lampard
  • VrobyVroby Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thanks lampard, for the runner cardio there is some kind of possibilities or are there expected short-term releases to solve this problem?
  • SadfaceSadface Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi Lampard - I have a Spark 3 running 1.7.64 and is having battery issues. Could you roll me back to firmware 1.3.255 please?
  • PepperDustPepperDust Posts: 4 [Master Traveler]
    @lampard My watch didn't get the revert (even after 2 factory resets). Could you apply it again?
    I PM'd you my watch serial a few weeks back.
    Meanwhile I stopped using the watch as it's battery dead after an hour or 2 max.
  • DZRDZR Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    lampard wrote:
    @p.k.abrahamsen @DZR @peca If you now perform the factory reset on the watch, the version 1.3.255 will be offered in Sports Connect to download. This will get rid of the battery issue on your watch.

@Lunaris247 Can you please follow the steps in the public FAQ here to troubleshoot the pairing issues by removing the existing Bluetooth connections from your smartphone: Android/iOS
    Cheers, lampard
    Thanks for the downgrade, @lampard but the watch still has problems. In fact, it doesn't hold battery life at all - the moment I unplug it from the computer, the wall, wherever it's plugged, it dies. I've let it charge overnight for multiple nights, and the issue remains.
  • pecapeca Posts: 10 [Legendary Explorer]
    lampard wrote:
    @p.k.abrahamsen @DZR @peca If you now perform the factory reset on the watch, the version 1.3.255 will be offered in Sports Connect to download. This will get rid of the battery issue on your watch.
    Cheers, lampard

After factory reset to 1.3.255 I've gave some time to observe battery issue. The result is that it wasn't help. Even if I just wear watche without recording activities it last 2 and half days at maximum. It is lest then half of original endurance of watch battery.
    @Vroby Sorry we can't revert back the firmware version for Runner & Multisport watches (1st Gen).

@Sadface @PepperDust @Bob_BT7 I've now put you on the version 1.3.255 to get rid of the battery issue, please make a factory reset again and the update will be offered to you in Sports Connect software.

@DZR @peca Please get in touch with our customer support and they'll be able to determine if it's a hardware fault with your watch. You can click on the 'Contact Us' option at the bottom of this page to Phone/Email them

Cheers, lampard
  • pocasipocasi Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Dear lampard,
    could you please downgrade my Runer 2 Cardio watch to some previous stable version?
    I also have the battery drain problem.

Current software: 1.7.64

Thank you,
  • LukaszPLukaszP Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    @lampard can downgrade my watch to the stable fw version ?

Current : 1.7.64
    Spark Cardio Music 3

1.7.53 was stable and 1.7.62 probably also

THX
    @pocasi @LukaszP If you now perform the factory reset on the watch, the version 1.3.255 will be offered in Sports Connect to download.

Cheers, lampard
  • DjarumDjarum Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    lampard wrote:
    @jwmurph @Djarum @W_T @Ble @temanisaika I've now put you on the version 1.3.255 to get rid of the battery issue, please make a factory reset again and the update will be offered to you in Sports Connect software.

Cheers, lampard

Hi @lampard

Thank you very much for the solution. I've applied the new firmware and went a couple of weeks using the watch. Also applied a couple of times a reset to factory settings but unfortunaty it did not work. Everyday when I unplug the watch from the charger it immediatly gives the 'empty battery' icon but still lasts a couple of hours. It goes back full, back empty and so on, really unstable. When I use it in an activity like running it shuts down within half an hour.

What can I do?
  • MakairMakair Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    @lampard I experience the same issues with battery drin as is described by many other users with my Spark 3 Music (currently running version 1.7.64). Could you also initiate a version rollback? Thanks!
    @Makair @chris runner I've now put you on the firmware version 1.3.255 , please make a factory reset again and the update will be offered to you in Sports Connect software.

@Djarum Please get in touch with the customer support and they'll be able to determine if it's a hardware issue with the watch. You can click on the 'Contact Us' option at the bottom of this page to Phone/Email them.

Cheers, lampard