Software version Rollback requests | Battery issues | Runner & Spark watch series - Page 78 — TomTom Community

Software version Rollback requests | Battery issues | Runner & Spark watch series

Comments

• tomeq77tomeq77 Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi!

Can you restore my TomTom Spark software to the previous version?

I think that after the update my original TT headphones are playing very quiet.

Before I manually decreased sound level of my mp3's.
    Now in original level it is too quiet for listening.
  • lampardlampard Posts: 4,313 TomTom Moderator
    @SaraNicsAdams We only have the software version 1.3.255 available now for the rollback in case there is a battery issue with the watch after trying a factory reset on the watch. Please follow the steps in the public FAQ here to troubleshoot the pairing issues by removing the existing Bluetooth connections from your smartphone: Android/iOS

@tomeq77 Please make a factory reset on your watch using the Sports Connect and re-pair the headphones with it after to see if it improves the situation you described. Otherwise, you may need to get in touch with support to get this reported.

Cheers, lampard
  • rooss91rooss91 Posts: 5 [Apprentice Seeker]
    every since the last update, my tomtom runner 3, its battery dies way too soon. been on a bike ride for not even 25km and the battery died..
    I don't wanna go back to factory settings though.
  • syberia101syberia101 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I have the same problem, I cannot connect my phone with my watch anymore, since the installation of version 1.7.64. However, it did solve my battery issue when I upgrade to 1.7.64. If I downgrade, will the issue of the battery start again?
    @rooss91 If you now perform the factory reset on the watch, the version 1.3.255 will be offered in Sports Connect to download.

@syberia101 I would advise you to follow the steps in the public FAQ here to troubleshoot the pairing issues by removing the existing Bluetooth connections from your smartphone: Android/iOS. If this fails, please make a factory reset on your watch and try again.

Cheers, lampard
  • ScandiScandi Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi, TomTom Spark 3 user here with the same battery drain problems as others. Have tried factory reset and it did not solve the problem. Would appreciate the downgrade if that will solve the issue without creating other problems. Many thanks.
  • tenbashitenbashi Posts: 8 [Legendary Explorer]
    tenbashi wrote:
    I am after tests with 1.3.255 and there is one conclusion about it. CRAP.
    I started with 90% battery. I ride 2h. I ended up with 40% battery - 50% usage for 2h?
    I have this watch for 2 years and I beginning to suspect that it is made exactly for 2 years and after that You should buy new one. I really like this watch - design, functionality (it has everything what I need).
    @lampardIs there any possibility that Tomtom is going to release update?
    If you have battery issues with version 1.3.255, and you had to do a factory reset to get back to that version, an update cannot fix this. Scroll down on this page and choose the contact option to talk to Customer Support to make use of your two year warranty in Poland.

P.S.: I have set your account back to the standard server so that your replacement watch will get the latest build.

OK I did what Jurgen suggested. My watch came back from service and there is NO battery issue anymore. They fixed it! Know I have 1.3.255 and I want to stay with this version software but tomtom sport has for me update. Please @lampard change my settings. I don't want to update to newest version. Thanks!
  • BleBle Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hi,

@lampard Thanks for enabling me to rollback, unfortunately it helped just a bit ...
    the battery is still getting drained just a bit slower. is there any way to get rid of this issue ?
    is anybody in TomTom working on this Issue ? Shall we expect any updates or this is the end of the story for this great watch ?
  • LiaFLiaF Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi!

I have the same battery issue. I have already tried the factory reset and it didn't work. I currently have the version 1.7.64. Could I please go back to a working version of the software?

Thanks!
  • SGallianSGallian Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi,
    @lampard I'm experiencing the same battery issues with version 1.7.64, moreover after the factory reset the watch won't synchronise with my iphone anymore. Please enable rollback..
    Thanks in advance,
    Sara
    @Scandi @LiaF @SGallian @LenR If you now perform the factory reset on the watch, the version 1.3.255 will be offered in Sports Connect to download.

@tenbashi Done! You can only reject the update three times but after that Sports Connect won't let you reject the latest update another time.

Cheers, lampard
  • Lunaris247Lunaris247 Posts: 4 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hi TomTom team,
    could I also ask you for downgrade to some previous stable version?
    I am having issue with syncing via Iphone and PC to tomtom runner 2 cardio.

Thanks!
  • joridxjoridx Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi,
    @lampard I have also same battery issues with version 1.7.64 in my spark 3, could you please enable rollback to the version 1.3.255?

Thanks in advance,
    Jordi

• ScandiScandi Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi, thank you for the downgrade but like at least one previous poster I am still experiencing fast battery drain (perhaps not QUITE as fast as before, but not much difference).

The support page says a fix is being worked on. Please could you let us have an update and an estimate of when the fix can be expected?

Thank you.
  • SpchakravarthySpchakravarthy Posts: 4 [Neophyte Traveler]
    HI, having battery issues on current firmware 1.7.64, tried all the things, now looking to downgrade my tom tom spark from 1.7.64 to 1.5.XX
    @joridx @Spchakravarthy I've now put you on the version 1.3.255 to get rid of the battery issue, please make a factory reset again and the update will be offered to you in Sports Connect software.

@Scandi Please get in touch with our customer support to check if it's the fault with the battery on the watch.

Cheers, lampard
  • p.k.abrahamsenp.k.abrahamsen Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    @lampard I to have the battery drain issue on 1.7.64 on my Runner 2.
    Could you put me on the rollback version too?

Thanks
    Dear lampard, could you please downgrade my Runer 2 Cardio watch to some previous stable version?
    I can't sync my activities, and I would like to use my watch...

Current software: 1.7.64

Thanks!

Mod edit: Please do not post any personal information on a public forum!
  • DZRDZR Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Battery life is down to virtually nothing. Can I get the rollback?
  • pecapeca Posts: 10 [Legendary Explorer]
    Yesterday I have tried factory reset and FW was version automaticity updated to 1.7.64. Battery drain issue is still here. I do not understand why TomTom simply does not roll back last FW update as it is obviously malicious.
    I'm going to try "factory reset in recovery mode".
    // spark 3 (basic model without HRM without music
    @p.k.abrahamsen @DZR @peca If you now perform the factory reset on the watch, the version 1.3.255 will be offered in Sports Connect to download. This will get rid of the battery issue on your watch.

@Lunaris247 Can you please follow the steps in the public FAQ here to troubleshoot the pairing issues by removing the existing Bluetooth connections from your smartphone: Android/iOS

Cheers, lampard
    @lampard Thanks, but I've already tried those steps, didn't help.
    Also the syncing doesn't work when I link my watch to windows Pc via cable / TomTom Sports Connect - it says there is a problem why syncing the data. So syncing doesn't work neither on IPhone and Pc.
  • ediblemanagerediblemanager Posts: 4 [Master Traveler]
    @lampard Was downgraded a few weeks back. Watch was left a few days and battery drained to nothing. Have now had on charge a few hours and SportConnect app reports battery fully charged, yet when I disconnect, the watch is dead.

Tried factory resetting from app, no change.

Any advice?
  • ZsokaZsoka Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Dear lampard,

I have a Runner 2 Cardio + music but it's only 20 minutes and the battery dies. It's useless in this condition. Could you downgrade my Runer 2 to previous version. Perhaps it would helps me.

Current software: 1.7.64

Thanks!
  • pecapeca Posts: 10 [Legendary Explorer]
    @lampard: Ok, now I have version 1.3.255. It looks like you (or someone else) set something on my account that I can set. As a SW developer I understand such magic but it is quite boring. Might be such feature implemented into "TomTom Sports Connect" desktop application or to the user website setting? Something like "until next sw update use max version x.y.x" or "do not update until another fw revision will be released"?