Software version Rollback requests | Battery issues | Runner & Spark watch series

Comments

• Arjan84
    Arjan84 Registered Users Posts: 1
    Apprentice Traveler
    I've got the same problem. Last weekend i did a obstaclerun and after 2 hours (with a full charge) my battery was death. I didn't have music on, so no reason to die that fast.
  • Szafarz
    Szafarz Registered Users Posts: 10
    Legendary Explorer
    I can check other software?, version 1.3.255 has a lot of errors and the battery also discharges quickly.
    I am asking you to upload version 1.6.26.
  • lampard
    lampard Administrators Posts: 6,004
    Hi All,

We only have the software version 1.3.255 available now for the rollback in case there is a battery issue with the watch after trying a factory reset on the watch.

Also, if you are facing issues with pairing the watch with their smartphone, Please follow the steps in the public FAQ here to troubleshoot the pairing issues by removing the existing Bluetooth connections from your smartphone: Android/iOS

@Mohamed Khaleel We've seen the feedback that the latest version of iOS (11.4) resolves the issues with syncing with iOS device. Can you please update and try again?

@Arjan84 If you now perform the factory reset on the watch, the version 1.3.255 will be offered in Sports Connect to download. This will get rid of the battery issue on your watch.

Cheers, lamaprd
  • LeonRuns
    LeonRuns Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Traveler
    Hi, as of lately I am experiencing an absolutely catastrophic battery drain on my TomTom Runner 3 almost to the point where it is no longer usable. Please revert my firmware to the older version.

Thanks!
  • pmco
    pmco Registered Users Posts: 18
    Outstanding Wayfarer
    Hi, my battery is draining very fast. If I go running, with the battery at most, when I finish it is almost over. to revert the firmware. I always have to carry the clock whenever I exercise. thank you
  • Xede
    Xede Registered Users Posts: 3
    Neophyte Traveler
    Hi,
    I had my swatch/app rolled back a while ago as I was not able to sync my TomTom Sports watch to my Iphone App. It worked fine for a while but I am encountering the same issue now. I have forgotten the device in the app and also deleted it from my bluetooth connection on my phone but when I try re-pair it with my app, the watch finds the connections and shows me pin after pin, but the app still says it is trying to connect and never goes beyond that. The issue started a week ago so I tried updating the app version to 10.0.2 but that has not helped. Can you help? Thanks,
    Xede
  • Derek Schott
    Derek Schott Registered Users Posts: 7
    Legendary Explorer
    Finding it interesting that so many people are suddenly experiencing catastrophic battery drain and "hardware" issues all at the same time....
  • LeonRuns
    LeonRuns Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Traveler
    @lampard please set the correct flags to downgrade my watch on your end at your earliest convenience. Thanks!
  • Szafarz
    Legendary Explorer
    @lampard Can you restore a different version of the software than 1.3.255 and 1.7.64.
    I would like to check on other versions of the software.
  • lampard
    @LeonRuns @pmco I've now put you on the version 1.3.255 to get rid of the battery issue, please make a factory reset again and the update will be offered to you in Sports Connect software.

@Xede I can only advise you to try the factory reset on your watch since you already tried the troubleshooting steps. After a reset, make sure to remove the Bluetooth connections from your smartphone and see if it improves the situation.

@Szafarz Sorry but we only have the software version 1.3.255 available now for battery issues.

Cheers, lampard
  • Szafarz
    Legendary Explorer
    The problem is that on this version 1.3.255 I also have a problem with the battery.
    It is not much better than on the latest software.
    Is it possible to check version 1.6.26?
  • tenbashi
    tenbashi Registered Users Posts: 8
    Legendary Explorer
    I done factory reset and battery is still same. After few km I have 50% of battery. I dont want to roll back to 1.3.255 because from what I read there are more problems with this soft. When are You going to release update?
  • tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,948
     Superuser
    tenbashi wrote:
    I done factory reset and battery is still same. After few km I have 50% of battery. I dont want to roll back to 1.3.255 because from what I read there are more problems with this soft. When are You going to release update?
    There are no issues with 1.3.255, that was the last stable build and you should go back to it as that is the only solution for the battery issues. Since TT has left the wearables industry and closed the Sports Division I am not sure an update is ever coming.
  • tenbashi
    Legendary Explorer
    tfarabaugh wrote:
    There are no issues with 1.3.255, that was the last stable build and you should go back to it as that is the only solution for the battery issues. Since TT has left the wearables industry and closed the Sports Division I am not sure an update is ever coming.

Is this information repeated or just rumors?

Ok there is no problem to back to newest update after rollback to 1.3.255? Just in case asking.
  • tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,948
     Superuser
    tenbashi wrote:
    tfarabaugh wrote:

Is this information repeated or just rumors?

Ok there is no problem to back to newest update after rollback to 1.3.255? Just in case asking.
    Google it. TomTom left the industry last November. They have since recalled inventory from the US and laid off the sports division.
  • tenbashi
    Legendary Explorer
    Ok thanks. I googled it. Sad information.
    So ok please somebody back my soft to 1.3.255 I will check it.
    Thx!
  • CheeSengKui
    CheeSengKui Registered Users Posts: 4
    Apprentice Seeker
    @lampard Hi, can you please downgrade my firmware to the earlier version 1.3.255? The battery issue still remain despite the factory resetted twice. Thank you.
  • Devang
    Devang Registered Users Posts: 4
    Neophyte Traveler
    @lampard Hi, can you please downgrade my firmware for my Spark watch to version 1.3.255? I have done a factory reset but am suffering the same battery issues as most users here.
    Thanks!
  • tenbashi
    Legendary Explorer
    @lampard Hi, can you please downgrade my firmware to the earlier version 1.3.255? Thank you.
  • lampard
    @CheeSengKui @Devang @tenbashi I've now put you on the version 1.3.255 to get rid of the battery issue, please make a factory reset again and the update will be offered to you in Sports Connect software.

Cheers, lampard
  • tenbashi
    Legendary Explorer
    lampard wrote:
    @CheeSengKui @Devang @tenbashi I've now put you on the version 1.3.255 to get rid of the battery issue, please make a factory reset again and the update will be offered to you in Sports Connect software.

Cheers, lampard

Big thx.
  • Devang
    Devang Registered Users Posts: 4
    Neophyte Traveler
    Thanks @lampard
  • tenbashi
    Legendary Explorer
    I am after tests with 1.3.255 and there is one conclusion about it. CRAP.
    I started with 90% battery. I ride 2h. I ended up with 40% battery - 50% usage for 2h?
    I have this watch for 2 years and I beginning to suspect that it is made exactly for 2 years and after that You should buy new one. I really like this watch - design, functionality (it has everything what I need).
    @lampardIs there any possibility that Tomtom is going to release update?
  • Jürgen
    Jürgen Community Managers, Administrators Posts: 7,301
    Community Manager
    tenbashi wrote:
    I am after tests with 1.3.255 and there is one conclusion about it. CRAP.
    I started with 90% battery. I ride 2h. I ended up with 40% battery - 50% usage for 2h?
    I have this watch for 2 years and I beginning to suspect that it is made exactly for 2 years and after that You should buy new one. I really like this watch - design, functionality (it has everything what I need).
    @lampardIs there any possibility that Tomtom is going to release update?
    If you have battery issues with version 1.3.255, and you had to do a factory reset to get back to that version, an update cannot fix this. Scroll down on this page and choose the contact option to talk to Customer Support to make use of your two year warranty in Poland.

P.S.: I have set your account back to the standard server so that your replacement watch will get the latest build.
  • CheeSengKui
    CheeSengKui Registered Users Posts: 4
    Apprentice Seeker
    Rolled back to 1.3.255 even worst. The battery now totally drain out within 1.5 days in watch mode only. @lampard please put me back to 1.7.64.
    I really regret buying this.
This discussion has been closed.