Software version Rollback requests | Battery issues | Runner & Spark watch series

Comments

• VancouverMark
    VancouverMark Registered Users Posts: 1
    Apprentice Traveler
    I just updated to 1.7.64 and my battery life is horrid. I used to be able to use the watch for longer than 4 hours with music and heart rate monitoring (activity tracker is always off because it was terrible) but today I ran a 1/2 marathon and the watch ran out of battery after 1 hour and 40 minutes. Can I get a version rollback?
  • lampard
    lampard Administrators Posts: 5,764
    @VancouverMark @Physis I've now put you on the version 1.3.255 to get rid of the battery issue, please make a factory reset again and the update will be offered to you in Sports Connect software.

@eldorado1984 The software versions 1.7.53 and 1.7.62 are not available for the rollback. Also, only 1.3.255 version will help you to get rid off the battery issue you're facing. Please make a factory reset on your watch again and the software version will be offered to you in Sports Connect.

@djacks42 @NealsK @Jayney5648 Please get in touch with our customer support to report this and they'll be able to help you further in this case.

Cheers, lampard
  • Szafarz
    Szafarz Registered Users Posts: 10
    Legendary Explorer
    Hello, I can return to the version with which I bought the watch. Everything worked properly there, I did not see any errors and the battery lasted almost 2 weeks. Now, after 2 days the battery is gone.
    I am asking for a return to such software.
  • GreenGrassIRL
    GreenGrassIRL Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Traveler
    @lampard seems my issue with p8 lite now ok, I disconnected all other Bluetooth devices on phone and it now works fine, it must interfere some way
  • DEEF
    DEEF Registered Users Posts: 1
    Apprentice Traveler
    Dear Lampard,

please rollback my TomTom runner 3 firmware to 1.3.255

Thx!
  • Chimpo
    Chimpo Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Traveler
    Hi @lampard

Can I get a rollback to 1.3.255 for now please? Unless there is something newer than 1.7.64

I had been using 1.7.64 for a while which still had a few workaround issues but the battery drain / flat battery icon was starting to become more and more frequent.

I tried multiple recovery and factory mode resets today and now the watch has the bluetooth pairing issue when the pin instantly disappears when trying to set it up to the app. Same as 1.7.62...

Thanks!
  • 089457wei
    089457wei Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Traveler
    Hi Dear @lampard Could you please rollback to 1.3.255 from 1.7.64 for me on my TomTom Spark 3~

Thanks a lotsss!!

Kind regards,
  • Sidhartha Anireddy
    Sidhartha Anireddy Registered Users Posts: 10
    Master Explorer
    Dear Iampard - I have done the factory rest twice and now my battery seems to be working fine. However I am still having Bluetooth syncing issues. For the time being I will sync using my computer. Will look forward to a fix to the Bluetooth as well.

Regards,
    Sid
  • Jasperooo
    Jasperooo Registered Users Posts: 4
    Apprentice Seeker
    Hello lampard,

Would you kindly provide rollback to a version (1.3.255?) that has no/less known bluetooth issues. I am currently on 1.7.64 and have been experiencing synch issues for the last couple versions. I don't have any battery issues currently.

Many thanks in advance!
  • MumRuns
    MumRuns Registered Users Posts: 3
    Neophyte Traveler
    Dear Cameron/Jurgen, many thanks for the replacement watch module that you kindly posted to me back in February. Very sadly the battery on
    this now dies as soon as I unplug it from charging. I have just returned
    to running after being ill for 3 weeks and am devastated not to have my
    little companion. Is there anything you can suggest? I haven't done any
    updates on it! Has there been any successful repair on my original watch? Many many thanks, Anna
  • lampard
    Hi All,

The software v1.7.64 resolves the pairing issues with the watch and the smartphone (except Huawei P8/P8 lite). If you are facing issues with pairing the watch with their smartphone, Please follow the steps in the public FAQ here to troubleshoot the pairing issues by removing the existing Bluetooth connections from your smartphone: Android/iOS

As mentioned earlier, we only have the software version 1.3.255 available now for the rollback in case there is a battery issue with the watch after trying a factory reset.

@Chimpo @Szafarz I've now put you on the version 1.3.255 to get rid of the battery issue, please make a factory reset again and the update will be offered to you in Sports Connect software.

Cheers, lampard
  • Somegras
    Somegras Registered Users Posts: 9
    Legendary Explorer
    When will there be an update fixing the battery issues? I’ve had and old version and currently am on the newest version, but it doesn’t seem to be fixed at all. I don’t know what version might work to have decent battery life back.

I used to to be able to run 10 km runs thrice a week without recharge. now I have to recharge every 2 days.
  • tiwariramc
    tiwariramc Registered Users Posts: 5
    Master Explorer
    Hello Lampard,

I am facing major battery issues ever since I have updated to 1.7.64; I can barely complete my cycling activity. I believe rolling back to 1.3.255 resolves the issue.

Please roll me back to 1.3.255

Thanks
  • tere67
    tere67 Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Traveler
    @lampard can you please activate the rollback for my watch too? I can't use the watch anymore.. thanks!
  • lampard
    @tere67 What's the issue you're facing? Please see my above reply here.

@tiwariramc If you now perform the factory reset on the watch, the version 1.3.255 will be offered in Sports Connect to download.

Cheers, lampard
  • tiwariramc
    tiwariramc Registered Users Posts: 5
    Master Explorer
    Thanks Lampard, I have reset the watch and rolled back to 1.3.255

Shall get back in case of any further issues.

Thanks again.
  • 089457wei
    089457wei Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Traveler
    Dear @lampard could you please rollback for me to 1.3.255 due to the battery issue. thx a lotsss

kind regards,
  • djacks42
    djacks42 Registered Users Posts: 4
    Neophyte Traveler
    lampard wrote:

@djacks42 @NealsK @Jayney5648 Please get in touch with our customer support to report this and they'll be able to help you further in this case.

Cheers, lampard

@lampard - Hi .. I did as you suggested and contacted customer support.. no response at all for 4 days. If it's a problem to roll back to 1.3.204 maybe you could let me try the 1.3.255 ? All I know is that .204 worked and now .64 definitely doesn't. Thanks!
  • lampard
    @089457wei If you now perform the factory reset on the watch, the version 1.3.255 will be offered in Sports Connect to download.

@djacks42 Sorry to hear that, I've sent a heads-up to the customer support about this.

Cheers, lampard
  • sakins
    sakins Registered Users Posts: 5
    Master Traveler
    Hello. I seem to have some sort of battery issue on my tomtom runner 3 heart rate + music. After a full charge I go for a 45 minutes run with music and heart rate on. Battery seems fine and is still almost full after I finish my run. I then switch syncing and every available sensor off and forget about it till my next run a day or 2 later. But after I pick it up again battery is almost dead and is giving me the warning signal.

I still own a tomtom runner 1 from years ago and battery on that one is way better after years of active use. And I noticed that my old tomtom runner has a plane mode option, but this new one does not. There is no one button option to cut every sensor off.

What should I do to improve battery life. Should I downgrade too? If so, please link me to some manual.
  • StewPoole
    StewPoole Registered Users Posts: 7
    Legendary Explorer
    Hi, is it possible to be offered a rollback please?

I upgraded to the very latest firmware but i can no longer sync with my iphone. I've tried resetting the watch but it doesn't help. When i go to connect, the pin flashes up for a split second and then the watch reverts back to the previous menu before i can do anything.
  • fangfufu
    fangfufu Registered Users Posts: 4
    Neophyte Traveler
    Hi, I have been having sync issue. Please could you roll back my firmware please? My serial number is HR6167103516.
  • fangfufu
    fangfufu Registered Users Posts: 4
    Neophyte Traveler
    @lampard, I have been having sync issue. Please could you roll back my firmware please? My serial number is HRxxxxIxxxxx.

Mod edit: Please do not post any personal information on a public forum!
  • djacks42
    djacks42 Registered Users Posts: 4
    Neophyte Traveler
    lampard wrote:
    @089457wei If you now perform the factory reset on the watch, the version 1.3.255 will be offered in Sports Connect to download.

@djacks42 Sorry to hear that, I've sent a heads-up to the customer support about this.
    Happy to report everything is working now on .64. Noticebly fast syncing and the Mpow headphones work too. I followed the normal steps, but I think it also helped to unpair my phone with my car and a speaker. I.e make sure its only watch and phone involved.
  • Lorraine Mongelli
    Lorraine Mongelli Registered Users Posts: 5
    Master Traveler
    @lampard My tomtom runner 3 don´t sync with my IOS. Can you help me? My serial number is HRxxxxIxxxxx, my version is 1.7.64.

Thanks you!!

Mod edit: Please do not post any personal information on a public forum!
This discussion has been closed.