Software version Rollback requests | Battery issues | Runner & Spark watch series

Comments

• PetitChips
    PetitChips Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Traveler
    Hi Guys,

I've just bought a TomTom Runner 3 and tried for 2 hours to connect it to my Galaxy s7 edge and no way to get that pin code screen.

@lampard :Can you please link my account to the version 1.7.64 as it seems to fix all the bluetooth issues?

Many thanks
  • Naropa
    Naropa Registered Users Posts: 1
    Apprentice Traveler
    I have the same problems as everyone connected my new Spark 3 to the app, the phone is a HUAWEI P9, and the software version is 1.7.62.
    I'm really amazed at this situation, before the software update the link worked.
    If someone here knows how to solve this problem without creating others, I thank him in advance.

Matteo
  • LesBr
    LesBr Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Traveler
    @lampard Having updated the software in my watch to 1.7.62 as prompted I now can't get activity data to the App. I have factory reset the watch and uninstalled the App on my Samsung S7 phone but nothing works. I can't now pair the watch to my phone because when the PIN comes up on my watch there is no way of entering it in the phone App.

Can I go back to an earlier version please before I throw the watch in the sea (we live just yards from it). We are a large running club and many of our members are having similar problems and unless this is resolved I'm afraid the call for Garmin is going to win.

Help!
  • lampard
    lampard Administrators Posts: 5,954
    @DTTN @inkwell @mfcipriano @jediliz85 @PetitChips @Naropa @dieselglider
    I've now linked your account to the firmware version 1.7.64, please connect your watch to computer and Sports Connect will offer the software to download.

@maccatori I've reverted back the software version on your watch to 1.3.255. Please connect your watch to the computer and perform a factory reset, the software will be offered in Sports Connect.

@tooniron I've also put you on the firmware version 1.7.64, please connect your watch to computer and Sports Connect will offer the software to download. In this way, you wont get any update notifications in Sports Connect.

@LesBr Can you please PM me the email address to which you've linked your watch and I'll have a look at it?

Cheers, lampard
  • Stoveg
    Stoveg Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Traveler
    An observation.
    Bluetooth was constantly connecting and disconnecting. So I deleted the connection from the phone and tried to re-pair... but it wouldn't. The security code kept appearing on the watch but the phone didn't ask for it.
    So, I used the PC TomTom application to change the name of my watch. And voila the pairing works perfectly and everything has now synced up correctly.
    Hard work, mind you, and I wish everything would just start working again properly without all this faffing!
    Watch = Spark 3; Firmware=1.7.64; Phone=Moto E Gen 2
  • Pfumie
    Pfumie Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Traveler
    @lampard Could you update my friends to the latest version 1.7.64 as well please.He cannot login to the forums,his login detals are [email protected]

Admin: Please do not post personal data here.
    Your friend's account is now linked to 1.7.64.
  • Sugarbeet
    Sugarbeet Registered Users Posts: 1
    Apprentice Traveler
    My runner 3 syncing with my mobile phone Honor 8 want work at all. I had the 1.7.64 firmware than reset back to the factory setting but nothing works at all. I am deleting the app from the phone I am deleting connection between devices in bluetooth. Nothing works at all. I just get the info with new pin on tha watch but the app is searching and searching. My girlfriend has tha spark 3 similar situation. This is kind of a joke what is happening with that.
  • LesBr
    LesBr Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Traveler
    Stoveg wrote:
    An observation.
    Bluetooth was constantly connecting and disconnecting. So I deleted the connection from the phone and tried to re-pair... but it wouldn't. The security code kept appearing on the watch but the phone didn't ask for it.
    So, I used the PC TomTom application to change the name of my watch. And voila the pairing works perfectly and everything has now synced up correctly.
    Hard work, mind you, and I wish everything would just start working again properly without all this faffing!
    Watch = Spark 3; Firmware=1.7.64; Phone=Moto E Gen 2

I tried renaming my watch like you did a few days ago. Unfortunately it hasn't helped. The phone still doesn't ask for the PIN. :-(
  • PetitChips
    PetitChips Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Traveler
    Awesome it works with the new version. Many thanks!
  • Funkyfin2000
    Funkyfin2000 Registered Users Posts: 6
    Master Explorer
    [user=93]Jürgen[/user] @lampard Any chance oyu can update my wifes as well to 1.7.6 please...

What ID do you need to do it?
  • ClaireSaunders12
    ClaireSaunders12 Registered Users Posts: 1
    Apprentice Traveler
    [user=93]Jürgen[/user] @lampard Any chance oyu can update my wifes as well to 1.7.6 please...

What ID do you need to do it?

[user=93]Jürgen[/user] @lampard I'm the other half, this is my account, can you update me please to 1.7.64

Taa
  • nachiston
    nachiston Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Traveler
    Hello,
    Recently I sent my sport watch Runner 3 to the warranty technical service and it was returned with firmware 1.3.255 and it no longer has the problem of the battery and it also connects to the mobile xiaomi but I have to do the operation twice, then it performs correctly
    I can not connect the watch to the pc because it tells me that it has to update and it scares me in case it has problems with fast battery discharge again.
    If the .64 version really works, how can I update without going through the .62 version?
    Currently version 1.3.255 keeps me on battery for several days and allows me to make a bike route of + 5 hours.
    This new version allows me this same time, it is important for me.
    Thank you very much
  • plzt
    plzt Registered Users Posts: 1
    Apprentice Traveler
    Could I please get the 1.7.6.4 update also
    Thank you
  • Anco van Vliet
    Anco van Vliet Registered Users Posts: 5
    Master Explorer
    Hi @lampard, my Runner 2 Cardio + music does not connect with my iphone. Firmware 1.7.62. Can you set me back to a stable version?
  • SElla_1974
    SElla_1974 Registered Users Posts: 1
    Apprentice Traveler
    Hi @lampard , I'm currently running 1.7.62 on my Runner 3 Cardio, I am unable to sync to my iPad and android phone. Could you please switch my watch to a stable firmware version that allows me to sync my watch to my phone again ? Thx.

Greets Sascha
  • MeganKruger94
    MeganKruger94 Registered Users Posts: 4
    Neophyte Traveler
    @lampard Could you make my watch reset to 1.3.255, currently on 1.7.62
  • joea5
    joea5 Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Traveler
    lampard wrote:
    @joea5 @Draytek2950 @Edwin1981 @snifsky @ApDp I've now linked your account to the firmware version 1.7.64, please connect your watch to computer and Sports Connect will offer the software.

Cheers, lampard

Thank you very much @lampard, my iPhone 6 is now syncing over bluetooth with the 1.7.64 upgrade.

It didn't happen automagically though, and this is more for others who are trying to fix the issue.

I went into my phone settings, bluetooth settings and fogot this device for my watch.
    I then went into the tomtom app, into the manage icon on the bottom right, then went into Add a new device, then chose watch, then the app searches for device and you choose your device. At the same time on your watch, go to phone, pair new, and you will get a 6 digit code on your watch to enter into the app. Then it worked!

I also plugged my watch into my computer and renamed my device(watch). I'm not sure if this was necessary, but someone on this board suggested it so I did it.
  • Peter R.
    Peter R. Registered Users Posts: 1
    Apprentice Traveler
    Same connectivity problem with spark 2 here.. also Bluetooth headphones (original TomTom aswell..) don't connect.. please set my account to 1.764 seeing as that works apparently. Thx in advance.
  • muiry72
    muiry72 Registered Users Posts: 1
    Apprentice Traveler
    i would love for this to ever be fixed i've had my watch for 8 months now and its never been able to pair with my iphone.
  • malcjsmith
    malcjsmith Registered Users Posts: 4
    Master Traveler
    I cannot connect to iPhone, help please, get the pin flashes for a second then goes
  • Hendyalex
    Hendyalex Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Traveler
    Could I please get update 1.7.64 also please? Many thanks Alex
  • StephenB427
    StephenB427 Registered Users Posts: 30
    Outstanding Wayfarer
    lampard wrote:
    ... @StephenB427 ... I've now linked your account to the firmware version 1.7.64, please connect your watch to computer and Sports Connect will offer the software.

Also for battery issues, please first try a factory reset. In most cases this fixes the issues without a need to downgrade to an older firmware.

Things seem to be working fine now regarding battery drain. Many thanks for your kind assistance. Cheers, Stephen
  • dibiemme
    dibiemme Registered Users Posts: 6
    Apprentice Traveler
    @lampard
    Could I please get the 1.7.6.4 update also
    Thank you
  • maccatori
    maccatori Registered Users Posts: 3
    Neophyte Traveler
    lampard wrote:
    @maccatori I've reverted back the software version on your watch to 1.3.255. Please connect your watch to the computer and perform a factory reset, the software will be offered in Sports Connect.

Cheers, lampard

Hi

The 1.3.255 fixed the battery issue, but I can now no longer use my headphones. Can I just risk the poor battery and go back to the latest version?

Thanks

Colm
  • Ruho7
    Ruho7 Registered Users Posts: 6
    Master Explorer
    Hi @lampard,
    Back in December I was rolled back from 1.7.62 to 1.7.60, which solved my iPhone 4S pairing problems. Now the desktop program Sports Connect will not let me in unless I upgrade to 1.7.62 again, which would block pairing again. This forum suggests that I should be offered 1.7.64, although I should have been notified that this is a possibility and Sports Connect should offer this automatically. I am not impressed that I have to spend time searching this forum to sort this out. Please link my account to the best option.
This discussion has been closed.