Software version Rollback requests | Battery issues | Runner & Spark watch series - Page 44 — TomTom Community

Software version Rollback requests | Battery issues | Runner & Spark watch series

Comments

• MumRunsMumRuns Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Hello there Jurgen,
    please could you enable me to downgrade when I do a factory reset? My watch is unusable due to battery life draining in
  • momegspmmomegspm Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    Not used my watch for a while; upgraded the firmware (current one 1.7.62)
    Now can no longer connect to my new phone.

Seems to be a known issues reading other topics: watch shows the pincode, Android apps does not allow for any input.

Thnx & rgds

Jacco
  • ditosditos Posts: 1
    My battery has been dying after two hours of physical activity. It should last for much longer. Does it need a battery replacement, software update, or something else?
  • SparkRunner_UKSparkRunner_UK Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    @lampard

Can you please downgrade my Spark Multi-sport with HR monitor to 1.7.60 as I too am having issues connecting the watch to my phone.

Thanks.
  • cynt73cynt73 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Please rollback my watch software. Since i bought the runner 3 watch in November 2017 i can not pair with my samsung s8. Today i updated the software to 1.7.62 but still i can not pair with my phone
  • lampardlampard Posts: 5,604 Moderator
    @ditos I've reverted back the software version on your watch to 1.3.255. Please connect your watch to the computer and perform a factory reset, the software will be offered in Sports Connect.

@ushidushi I've put you back on the software version 1.7.60. Please connect your Spark 3 watch to the computer and perform a factory reset, the software will be offered in Sports Connect. The battery life of the watch will be impacted if you use the phone notifications feature.

@kh74 @MumRuns @momegspm @SparkRunner_UK @cynt73 I've put you back on the software version 1.7.60. Please connect your Spark 3 watch to the computer and perform a factory reset, the software will be offered in Sports Connect. The battery life of the watch will be impacted if you use the phone notifications feature. (Before pairing the watch, make sure to remove it from the Bluetooth devices under your smartphone)

Cheers, lampard
  • Anatoly2004Anatoly2004 Posts: 11 [Legendary Explorer]
    lampard wrote:
    @Anatoly2004 I've reverted back the software version on your watch to 1.3.255. Please connect your watch to the computer and perform a factory reset, the software will be offered in Sports Connect.

Cheers, lampard
    to update the firmware did it,will test. Thanks so much.
    hi @lampard .

barely able to connect your watch to your phone. sync is done. the battery is not planted. Thanks so much.
  • kh74kh74 Posts: 8 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Thank-you @lampard you are my saviour!
  • lvasqueslvasques Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    @lampard or [user=93]Jürgen[/user] can you please roll back my firmware version so that my runner2 pair with my iphone?
  • Jaseter8370Jaseter8370 Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    I want to downgrade my software to 1.3.255 i have tried factory reset and it has not changed the firmware... please make firmware available
  • BecVilBecVil Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi @lampard would you mind doing the rollback for my Spark 3?

Cheers
  • gronkjeargronkjear Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    @lampard or [user=93]Jürgen[/user] please help to roll back to 1.3.255. The battery is drained to half after 30 minutes of running.
  • Herbie.HoggHerbie.Hogg Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Can you please downgrade my watch to 1.7.60. Same trouble as everyone else. Cannot pair with phone since last upgrade. (Galaxy s7)
    Thank you
  • gabordgabord Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Hi!

Anybody can help us! I read this long loooong arcticle for more months, and I see everbody waiting for a good solution from TomTom! We all bought a sport watch because We need it for a sport life. But We don't use it for mobile (android or ios).

Dear TomTom Team!
    Have you got a plan, how do you solve this sync issue?
  • vic4rivic4ri Posts: 4 [Neophyte Traveler]
    @lampard or @Jürgen can my watch too be rolled back to 1.3.255? The battery drain is becoming an issue.

Thanks.
  • lampardlampard Posts: 5,604 Moderator
    @Jaseter8370 @gronkjear @vic4ri I've reverted back the software version on your watch to 1.3.255. Please connect your watch to the computer and perform a factory reset, the software will be offered in Sports Connect.

@Herbie.Hogg @gabord @lvasques @BecVil I've put you back on the software version 1.7.60. Please connect your watch to the computer and perform a factory reset, the software will be offered in Sports Connect. The battery life of the watch will be impacted if you use the phone notifications feature. (Before pairing the watch, make sure to remove it from the Bluetooth devices under your smartphone)

Cheers, lampard
  • omi1990omi1990 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi, @lampard , i cant pair my tomtom to my huawei phone. it sees one another, but doesnt pair. the headphones that came with the Runner 3 pair nicely with my phone. Can you rollback my software version to 1.7.60.
  • lvasqueslvasques Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    lampard wrote:
    @Jaseter8370 @gronkjear @vic4ri I've reverted back the software version on your watch to 1.3.255. Please connect your watch to the computer and perform a factory reset, the software will be offered in Sports Connect.

@Herbie.Hogg @gabord @lvasques @BecVil I've put you back on the software version 1.7.60. Please connect your watch to the computer and perform a factory reset, the software will be offered in Sports Connect. The battery life of the watch will be impacted if you use the phone notifications feature. (Before pairing the watch, make sure to remove it from the Bluetooth devices under your smartphone)

Cheers, lampard

@lampard It works!!! many many many many thanks...
  • SianiSiani Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi @lampard my watch is not syncing either and hasn't done since any of the new updates with fitness age /personalised workouts. Have a Samsung s7. Really like these features - is it possible to be rolled back to a version which connects (but doesn't lose workouts and fitness points?
  • DougInNCDougInNC Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    lampard wrote:
    @Clauidne @vprokopec @bryancruz845 @anastacn @DougInNC @jakervanhe @niektijsenycle I've put you back on the software version 1.7.60. Please connect your watch to the computer and perform a factory reset, the software will be offered in Sports Connect. The battery life of the watch will be impacted if you use the phone notifications feature. (Before pairing the watch, make sure to remove it from the Bluetooth devices under your smartphone)

Cheers, lampard

Thank you for rolling back the firmware version of my Adventurer. Unfortunately I am also not able to connect it to my PC. When I connect the cable, the application initially says "Connected", but in a couple of seconds it changes to "Unable to connect". I don't know if this is related, but when connected the watch always goes into charging mode for a couple of minutes, even when I have just completed fully charging it. Very frustrating and dissappointing. Is there any way of doing a factory reset without having to connect it to my PC?
  • PfumiePfumie Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi @lampard
    Would you please revert the firmware on my runner 3 to 1.3.225 as the latest version doesn't allow me to sync my activities to my phone.

Thanks
    Hi lampard!

Yesterday as you wrote, I tried upgrade my watch firmware from my computer.
    My watch firmware was 1.7.62 and now 1.7.64. After upgrade my watch, my Honor 7 (Android 6) and my iPhone 4S could connect my watch and synced.

Thank You for your help!
  • cerbyboycerbyboy Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Same for me on version 1.7.62 now (rest watch as it wasnt connecting). I have a Spark cardio and hs been happily connec ted to an iphone 7 for ages but now it won't sync?!

It also takes ages for the 'fast'GPS to work so I have normally run a km before the watch is ready - rreally annoying!

Help!
    Hi cerbyboy!

Try upgrade your watch firware with your computer! This is my Own solution...

Bye
  • JürgenJürgen Posts: 6,618
    Community Manager
    For those who experienced Bluetooth pairing issues in the past, we have now linked your accounts to firmware version 1.7.64. This build no longer uses the old Bluetooth stack. Instead it uses the new Bluetooth stack including a fix to pairing issues.

This build is only offered if we manually link your account to it.
    @cerbyboy and @Pfumie, Sports Connect will now offer 1.7.64.

For battery issues, always first try a factory reset. In most cases this fixes the issues without a need to downgrade to an older firmware.
This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online in this Category0