Software version Rollback requests | Battery issues | Runner & Spark watch series - Page 42 — TomTom Community

Software version Rollback requests | Battery issues | Runner & Spark watch series

Comments

• d_fensd_fens Posts: 9 [Legendary Explorer]
    seos2k wrote:
    @lampard , i tried the troubleshooting with the version 1.7.60, it did not work, please roll me back to 1.3.255 and let me have a try. I am also using a redmi note 4, like user d_fens, the watch connects to my girlfriends phone without a problem
    I hope you have better luck. I gave up. Last thing I could possibly try is to unlock bootloader of my phone and install custom rom like xiaomi.eu or cyanogenmod. Not really looking forward to do this though.
  • enderakayenderakay Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    Hi, my watch and app is not talking to each other. App indicates that it connected to watch when I open the device settings page, but waiting for watch on the main page.
    Watch has 1.7.62 version installed. App version is 10.0.0 build 531.
    I need help to solve this problem. Could anyone pleas help me on this?
    Thanks in advance
  • dontedescodontedesco Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    @lampard , same problem. Just bought a TomTom Adventurer, version 1.7.62, never get the option on my Samsung Galaxy S8+ to enter the PIN shown on the watch when pairing. Strangely, if (and only if), I have the TomTom bluetooth headphones connected, then I can enter the PIN and it syncs, but as soon as I turn the headphones off, the watch loses sync with the phone and can't be connected again until I turn the headphones back on. Can I be rolled back to 1.7.60 to see if that helps?
  • tracyStracyS Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi team TomTom. For the last month or so since I did the latest update I haven't been able to sync my Spark Runner 2 to my phone. I thought it was my phone so didn't think much of it but after a month+ of frustratingly having to plug my watch into the computer every time I run or ride to get it to sync to my online profile and strava I finally googled the issue only to see this feed. Any chance there is a solution yet to this problem? I'd love my watch turned back too if possible as it's driving me crazy. Cheers guys
  • RadnorRadnor Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    @lampard so far so good with 1.7.60. It’s working well this morning thanks
  • BCoolBCool Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Just updated my runner 3 watch to 1.7.62 and now i have the same Bluetooth connection problems as others on here. Can I get a firmware rollback to a build without connection problems please?
  • PCT_ZAPCT_ZA Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    HI , I recently did a software update and the tracker function stopped working.

I used to get goal of 10 000 steps but then when i reach target it no longer let me know, when i went to tracker/ goals and then it just shows the tom-tom hands.

I then reset watch to try fix problem, software was reloaded and now it still does the same problem, but now also when trying to pair to my phone it immediately cancels connection, so you cant pair watch and phone. Please help. Is there a way to reinstall last years update as this new one has just bombed out the watch.

Please help

David
  • SheffieldTomSheffieldTom Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi @lampard , installed 1.7.60 as suggested but hasn't seemed to make a difference on the battery life. Went for a 1hr 20min run this morning with the watch fully charged and it has lost almost half the battery charge (I'm not using the phone notifications feature either). Is there any other version that might help me? I have a mountain marathon next weekend that will take over 4 hours and i'm not sure if the watch will be able to record it all!
  • Funkyfin2000Funkyfin2000 Posts: 6 [Master Explorer]
    @lampard Can we have some kind of response from you or Tom Tom on when on earth this will be fixed, it's clearly a GLOBAL issue for you on a MASSIVE retail product!

When is it going to be properly fixed, 42 pages of users with issues isn't great!

Could you please respond and give us some kind of restoration in faith in TOMTOM that this is being resolved??
  • MauricioYuMauricioYu Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    My case:
    • Runner 3 Firmware 1.7.60 + iPhone 7 plus iOS 11.2.5.
    • NOT PAIRING anymore
    • I also tried to pair with another android device I have as a backup with no luck.
    I just downgraded from a 1.7.62 firmware, as requested by the support.
    Under the 1.7.62 firmware I also noticed a HUGE battery draining in standby, notifications disabled and 24x7 activities monitoring also disabled.

The problem I see in the 1.3.255 firmware is that we don't have Custom Workouts (which I use a lot), VO2 Max and Fitness age, among other things....

So in my SPECIFIC unit firmwares 1.7.60 AND 1.7.62 DO NOT WORK.

I requested my Runner 3 to be sent to local technical support for analisys and possibly replacement.
  • d_fensd_fens Posts: 9 [Legendary Explorer]
    How can I return to newest version of firmware after rollback done by @lampard ? I'd rather have all newest features for now, since my smartphone seems not compatible no matter what version I have?
    Tomtom application on PC does not offer me any upgrade...
  • brucecoburgbrucecoburg Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    @Lampard please roll me back from 1.7.62 so I can re-connect to my Samsung S8
  • kpokpo Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    @lampard Can you please downgrade the version on my watch as well? Would be nice to have it connecting again!
  • Anatoly2004Anatoly2004 Posts: 11 [Legendary Explorer]
    Hi @lampard, please downgrade me to 1.6.26. Thanks.
    or the other to be able to connect to the phone Xiaomi Redmi Note 4X
    [h1]
    [/h1]
  • rmgcrmgc Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    rmgc wrote:
    Hi @lampard,

I have a TomTom Runner, and since upgrading to latest version (1.8.52), battery doesn't last more than 3 days (just using it as a regular watch).
    With previous version (I guess it had 1.8.46) battery lasted about 2 weeks.
    This is a huge difference... :(

I've already tried a factory reset, and battery duration remains at 3 days...

After reading some pages on this topic, I understand that a firmware downgrade is possible after performing a factory reset, but only after some config from TomTom side (did I get this right?).
    So, can I ask you to configure my watch for 1.8.46 version, so I can track down this battery drain issue (I really don't see any features on 1.8.52 that I need/use)?

Thank you!
    Rita
    Hi @lampard,

Can you downgrade my TomTom Runner Cardio from 1.8.52 to 1.8.46?

Thank you!
    Rita
  • JKNZ81JKNZ81 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    @lampard could I also get a roll back I am running 1.7.62 on my runner2 but cant connect to my note via Bluetooth

Many thanks
  • JHrunJHrun Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hello,

I am having the same issues with my tom tom runner 2. It is not allowing me to connect to my iPhone 8 even though it did work last week. I have tried all factory resets on both my watch and my phone but still will not allow me to connect. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks
  • JHrunJHrun Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    @lampard please could you roll my watch back to one of the softwares where it will work? Im not sure which one this is but would appreciate the watch working and pairing to my phone again.
    Thanks
  • SvenDevSvenDev Posts: 4 [Neophyte Traveler]
    @lampard, could you roll me back from 1.7.62 so that I can reconnect my watch to my phone?

Thanks,
    Sven
  • RobirisRobiris Posts: 17 [Outstanding Explorer]
    @lampard
    Can you plz roll my account back to software version 1.3.255. I don't use fitness age and personal workouts so I prefer a good syncing watch instead of those options. Thanks in advance
  • Charles9999Charles9999 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    @lampard
    Can you please roll me back to 1.7.60 or 1.7.53 or whatever working version that allows to connect to an Android (Samsung A5 2016 under Android 6.0.1) phone
    Thanks in advance
    Charles
  • ZeRoCriTiCaLZeRoCriTiCaL Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    @lampard, could you roll me back from 1.7.62 so that I can reconnect my watch to my phone?

Thanks,
    Kevin
  • GBearGBear Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Just purchased a Spark 3, and cant connect to my android phone, please could you downgrade to enable me to do so. Currently 1.7.62

Thanks
  • Anatoly2004Anatoly2004 Posts: 11 [Legendary Explorer]
    Hi @lampard, please downgrade me to 1.6.26. Thanks.
    or the other to be able to connect to the phone Xiaomi Redmi Note 4X
    [h1]
    [/h1]
    @lampard,
    It is better to downgrade the firmware to 1.3.255, as there is still a big drain on the battery
  • krøyerkrøyer Posts: 12 [Apprentice Traveler]
    hi @lampard,

Please downgrade my watch to the firmware to 1.3.255 :relaxed:
This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online in this Category0